Drinks package question

Hi all

Question about drinks package:

We have a soft drinks package included (doed this include bottled water?) my 8mth old nephew will be with us and need water for his bottles.

Are the alcoholic packages worth it? i know it depends on how much you drink. So for example how much is a glass of wine (large) a pint of beer and an average coacktail?

No..the soda package is only for soda. The ship's water is fine...or you can bring some water, if you feel the need. After all, the food, ice and other drinks are made with ship's water!! I think you'd need to drink about 7 drinks a day to come close to "break even" with the alcohol packages. They used to have wine packages, where you paid a slightly reduced price if you bought 3-5-7 bottles of wine....with that, you can drink at your leisure. I don't know if they still have that option.

Edited by cb at sea

Hi all

We have a soft drinks package included (doed this include bottled water?) my 8mth old nephew will be with us and need water for his bottles.

Are the alcoholic packages worth it? i know it depends on how much you drink. So for example how much is a glass of wine (large) a pint of beer and an average coacktail?

soft drinks package do not include the bottled water. but the royal replenish does. to spend 40-55 dollars a day is to do a lot of drinking for a package for 1 person. average prices are 6-8. they are fairly liberal with their shots. you can still buy the wine packages. you can also bring 2 bottles of wine on board for every cabin, for drinking in your cabin, there is a 25.00 corkage fee for these in the MDR. Occupants of the cabins must be 21 or over.

You can get water anywhere on the ship , just ask the wait staff.

Edited by Folk Singer

Hi all

Here's a drink list:

http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

Edited by clarea

Hi all

Depends on what ur drinking. If I remember right long islands are close to $10 each so 5 of those plus a water would break even for me which is nothing. Throw in a soda or fruity drink and I'm making out good. Depends on what u like and how much u drink

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

thanks, yeh the water is mainly for my nephew. My sister in law is worried that the tap water maybe salty?! but if they let you bring bottled water on then i will tell her that :)

so the prices on that link, i have to add on service charge and something else is that right?

sorry i have never cruised before (cant you tell!) :o

thanks, yeh the water is mainly for my nephew. My sister in law is worried that the tap water maybe salty?! but if they let you bring bottled water on then i will tell her that :)

so the prices on that link, i have to add on service charge and something else is that right?

Yes they had gratuity to the drinks

You can also buy bottled water on the ship.

M

I have never cruised on RCCL and will be this coming Oct. So, I'm curious about their beverage packages. Quite a while ago I read on RCCL's website that if one person in a cabin purchased a beverage package, everyone in the same cabin who is of drinking age (21?) had to purchase one. Now I don't see that written anywhere. Has the policy changed? :confused:

Yes they had gratuity to the drinks

But if you buy the beverage package, the gratuity is included in the cost, correct? Or is that an additional 18% on top of the $55 per day?

I have never cruised on RCCL and will be this coming Oct. So, I'm curious about their beverage packages. Quite a while ago I read on RCCL's website that if one person in a cabin purchased a beverage package, everyone in the same cabin who is of drinking age (21?) had to purchase one. Now I don't see that written anywhere. Has the policy changed? :confused:

Yes, they changed the policy late last year. One individual can buy the package without all in the cabin needing to.

Everyone can buy their own individual package. No restrictions to what you spouse/roommate/significant other purchased. There are multiple packages to fit everyone's needs!

Price includes tip - so it is only $55.00 a day

So if an average drink costs somewhere around 8.50, it'll be more like 10 after gratuity, throw in a couple sodas and you only have to drink a few drinks a day for the package to start to look pretty good.

I am not a "big" drinker but on vaca I enjoy the drinks of the day. A couple glasses of wine here and there and bottled water!!! If this even includes tip sounds worth it to me! Im excited to try this. Do any of the packages include wine in your room? How about bottles of water to take with you to port? Ill be on explorer if that matters.

Are you saying it cost $55.00 a day just for a "soda" package? If that is the case, does anyone know wheather it is Coke or Pepsi, or something else?

This package just covers sodas, and not malts or shakes, right?

Are you saying it cost $55.00 a day just for a "soda" package? If that is the case, does anyone know wheather it is Coke or Pepsi, or something else?

No, $55 covers Call and premium cocktails, frozen cocktails, beer, Wine, non-alcoholic cocktails, bottled water and Fountain soda. The soda is coke products.

If you only want soda, there is a soda package that is $4.50 a day for 17 and under and $6.50 for 18 and over. includes a souvenir cup.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Also, no package covers malts and shakes.

I am considering a Replenish package that mentions premium coffee and tea. I am wondering what premium means; brand name? or lattes etc.

It means cappucino, expresso, or latte. Coffee brand could be Starbucks, Seattle's Best, or something else. Varies by ship and venue.

I was referring to this one which seems a good deal if you don't

want alcohol: Cost: $20 per guest, per day (includes service charge)

Premium coffee

Premium tea

Bottled water

Sparkling water (375ml)

Still water (500ml)

Fresh squeezed orange juice

Non-alcoholic cocktails

Fountain soda with souvenir Coca-Cola cup