Allure basketball courts?

My daughter,15, plays basketball year round. One of the first questions she asked me when I told her we were going on the allure was "do they have regulation size basketballs available or do you have to rent them to use them on the court?" So that's my question to you folks. Should she bring her own ball?

Thanks in advance!

Tammy & sam

Sailing May 4!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I play a lot of basketball on our cruises, including Allure, Oasis, etc. They provide the balls. However, it's rare to get a full court game going. It's usually half court pick-up games. They can be fun depending on who is out there. It's usually hit or miss because you can get a mix of athletes of various levels (from college players to novices). If she wants to play, pay attention to the cruise compass and look for the times when the courts are "open play". She will most likely find a pick up game and people are usually pretty cool out there. She will have a great time.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Our oasis cruise 2 years ago they had an adult basketball tournament twice that was full court. My husband played and won the 1st one and got 2nd in the second tournament. It was very competitive, a lot of college players. Anyway, they had a teen tournament too. They had open play everyday at different times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, the Allure has a full court, regulation size, basketball court. No need to rent it. No need to bring a basketball...they have plenty. As already stated, check your daily "Compass" for basketball tournaments...full court, half court, 3 on 3, free throw contest, sometimes even "around the world or horse".

I am old and short but absolutely love to play...call me Pistol Pete. Yes, there will be plenty of willing players of all abilities. Note: Be careful of the truly novice players...IMHO, they are the one that can hurt or injure you even in a friendly game. Your daughter sounds like a "serious" player.

(Note: It brings back fond memories. I was on the team that won the very first (inaugural sailing) 3 on 3 basketball tournament. I've got that gold medal proudly framed. Happy sailing. :)

If she doesn't like you to watch her playing, but you WANT to watch her, you can get a great view from the Windjammer.

Stealth parents!

;)

It is crowded enough in there without it becoming the viewing venue for the basketball court.

It has been several years since my daughter played, but she had a great time. There were lots of pick-up games. There were also competitions posted daily daily compass.

Balls were plentiful and just loose on the court. At that time, however, she did comment that they didn't have any girls (women's size) balls. Our daughter was used to playing with both mens and womens balls and didn't care, but if your daughter really likes a womens ball she might want to bring her own or try to find out ahead of time.

Thank you for everyone's response! She says she's going to bring her own bball stuff. :) I figured she probably would anyway but I had to post for the sake of getting her some responses.

I think she's actually getting excited about the cruise now!

Tammy

Sent from my iPad using Forums