Very important question! Need to know!

I was on Indy the 1st week of April, no limes. Gin and tonic is my drink also. My bar waiter addressed the problem by giving me a shot glass full of what he called, lime cordial. I'm pretty sure it was Rose's lime juice. Then I just added a little bit to each drink. This was much better than using a lemon in the drink. Or you could take a small bottle of that reconstituted lime juice with you and use that. Better to be prepared in case of a lime shortage. I even went as far as bringing a lime back onboard from a bar in St Martin. That night, at the ceremonial cutting of the lime, our bar waiter cut it into wedges at the table. It was the driest lime I'd ever seen. I didn't get one drop of juice out of it. Guess that was my penance for smuggling fruit onboard the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ATC cruiser

Was wondering this about the FOS, but from what I've read it doesn't look good, probably work in my vodka tonics, but will have to try Corona with roses I guess.......it's my all day beer, craft beers (IPAs especially) tend to get me in trouble, so I have to limit the number of those........;)

When we got on the Explorer last month and I got my gin & tonic with a lemon I thought it was odd....bartender said he didn't have any limes yet....then as the week went on a few limes cropped up here and there.

Ultimately when we got home we heard about the lime shortage....will have to adjust our summer drinking choices ...LOL

Am I wrong with thinking you can bring a bag of limes on board? I know you can't when in a foreign country but since you leave from the US it may be ok?? I would chance it. Worst thing is they take your limes. I bought a bag at trader joes last week for 2 bucks and change. I do not want a mojito, corona or margarita with a lemon. That's just wrong. ;)) Guess you can take a plastic squeezie lime?? Not the same though. We cruise next week so I am curious!

Edited by marhun2430

When we got on the Explorer last month and I got my gin & tonic with a lemon I thought it was odd....bartender said he didn't have any limes yet....then as the week went on a few limes cropped up here and there.

Ultimately when we got home we heard about the lime shortage....will have to adjust our summer drinking choices ...LOL

Limes have jumped to $1.29 each when I checked in a supermarket today.

Am I wrong with thinking you can bring a bag of limes on board? I know you can't when in a foreign country but since you leave from the US it may be ok?? I would chance it. Worst thing is they take your limes. I bought a bag at trader joes last week for 2 bucks and change. I do not want a mojito, corona or margarita with a lemon. That's just wrong. ;)) Guess you can take a plastic squeezie lime?? Not the same though. We cruise next week so I am curious!

Dh asked me this question, wasn't sure and didnt' want any trouble, but I guess like you said, if they take them that's the worst that could happen (I would hope!)

And fine you several thousand dollars.

And fine you several thousand dollars.
I'm not an expert on this, but I'd think there's a good chance you could bring the limes ONTO the cruise ship at departure, as long as you do not take them OFF the ship at any of the ports.

Of course, they could still prohibit this because of the potential risk.

hmmm, here in Georgia, not known as the produce state (and shouldn't really be known as the peach state if that implies fresh quantities available in my opinion) limes have increased in price, but not by an order of magnitude. I can only imagine that RCI gets them in really cheap bulk and my local grocery store is allowing a drop in margin instead of just eliminating them from stock.

Perhaps we will see this in the near future...

Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to impose a citrus supplement on all guests if the price of limes exceeds $0.65 per lime. The citrus supplement for 1st and 2nd guests would be no more than $10 per guest per day, to a maximum of $140 per cruise; and for additional guests would be no more than $5 per person per day, to a maximum of $70 per cruise. NOTE: There will be no charge for drink package guests now paying in excess of $1000.00 per day.

Edited by Macbeth09