Summit - deck 7 or 9?

Classynfun1

Hi everyone!

While on board my last cruise, I booked a CS on the 7th deck for a cruise later this year. Now, after I'm back home, part of me thinks I should switch to the other cabin available (on the 9th deck), based on the short walk to the decks I expect we will use quite a bit.

Both cabins are aft facing CS, so there should not be any wind issues. For those that have been in the Summit on the 9th deck, were there any issues with noise from the deck above? Specifically in 9098 or close by?

What say you, cruise critic? Thank you!

We were in 9125, an AQ two doors down from the CS in December. The location was great! However, the balcony overhang did make it feel a bit cave like. If it were me, I'd stay on deck 7 as long as mobility isn't an issue. Climbing those two flights of stairs a few times per day would be my exercise.

IMG_0893.JPG

Hi everyone!

While on board my last cruise, I booked a CS on the 7th deck for a cruise later this year. Now, after I'm back home, part of me thinks I should switch to the other cabin available (on the 9th deck), based on the short walk to the decks I expect we will use quite a bit.

Both cabins are aft facing CS, so there should not be any wind issues. For those that have been in the Summit on the 9th deck, were there any issues with noise from the deck above? Specifically in 9098 or close by?

We were in 9101 last November no noise from above. Liked it so much booked it again for this November. Now the noise came from the cabin beside when 1 night the man decided not to come back until 4am. His wife was less than impressed.

Recently stayed in 9054. No noise AT ALL. Great shade. The overhang is big, but provides great cover. Got in the way a little bit for pictures. Close to Lido deck. Well up above the lifeboats.

Also stayed in 7052. Great room as well. Not crazy about the lifeboats being right there, have to peek over them, but no big overhang. Better for photography, no struts in the way. Better view of the night sky.

Pluses and minuses for both.

I never book under the cafeteria or grill. We were under aqua restaurant and had pots and silverware falling over head at 5Am.

However on the M-class ships, the cafeteria area above cabins from 9108 and further back are under carpeted area so although there are tables, you don't hear the noise that you hear when under the hard pool deck.

I jsut booked Monday. There were two cabins w/verandas in cat 2A -one was an adjoining room which I do not like since you can hear all that is going on next door, and I'm sure they can hear us too

I dont like the deck under the pool,jogging track and restaurants because they start setting up around 5-6Am and people are out running early too. I would stick with deck 7

• 1 month later...

We were on the Summit last year in 9161. Would never do it again! VERY loud room, with all the noise from above. At 4:30-5 am, every day, we would hear carts or cleaning buckets rolling along, heavy things being moved (dropped?). Even with earplugs some of the loud sounds got thru. Thankfully our adjacent neighbors weren't noisy. Cant say the same for the brood across the (tight) hallway!

The only problem I had with the 9th floor is that in the evenings I enjoy a nightcap (before bed) and looking up at the stars - can't be done with that huge overhang.

Once stayed on deck 9. The noise from the deck above can be annoying. Lots of walking, moving chairs, etc. i prefer decks 7 or 8. Given a choice, pick a deck that is between 2 decks of cabins. Worst cabins are deck 9 under the pool.

just had 8176 aft... center...didn't know if we were port or starboard side...... wonderful floor no noises, you can open your sliders to hear the music or close it and all it quiet,, at 6 am or earlier there is alot of activity going on On the aft bar/ tables, and Late at night,,, big smoking area.... never waited any amount of time for elevater, u step out to either left or right to buffet I wouldn't stay on 9... over hang still give you lots of sun returning from Bermuda

Hi everyone!

Have had CS on both decks. We like deck 7. You have cabins above and below- However, we also like deck 6- access to the restaurants and theatre and most venues is just a flight below- and the suite is very quiet. You do have to walk a few decks up to the buffet, pool and spa- but we like to be in the middle of the ship on a middle deck. Enjoy your cruise.

I did a 9th deck CS in March and loved it specifically or its proximity to the pools and ocean view cafe. I don't recall any noise from above.

I just sailed a deck 9 aqua cabin, and could hear the rolling of the towel carts overhead (cabin 9040) but it wasn't terribly bothersome to me. But i do recall thinking I never heard anything in the Celebrity suite.

Take deck 9 celebrity suite...!

Edited by cle-guy