Be careful what you say

I'm on an iPad and I can't hear anything. Is this just something that can be heard on a PC?

Maybe, but have you activated the webcam's sound on the website? It's not just your sound that has to be turned on.

thank you for the correction :) Sorry Indy we love you and want you to stay a bit longer:)

I had this cruise booked, but had to cancel it, few days ago :(

Thank God for trip insurance!

Health issue with DH; nothing major :)

Love Indy too; can't wait for her to be in Fl all year long!!! :)

Sent with my iPhone

I know what I heard and that's what was said:cool:

They may have just gone to the wrong channel on their radios, they were obviously using ships radios.

Navigator OTS - Capt Frank Martinsen according to the Captains thread.

Edited by BecciBoo

Just been listening to quite the interesting conversation over the FLL webcam between 2 officers, don't know who, but one had an American accent, the other sounded either Irish or Scottish or possibly Scandinavian. They weren't captains but mentioned Cpt. Mortensen.

I don't think these guys had a clue that anyone was listening to their conversation. One said Oasis is due for dry dock from October1st through Oct. 15 in Hamburg. They were complaining about the itineraries being boring and also talked about the size of Oasis. The one guy saying, it was bit too big for his tastes...and discussing their contracts.

Quite interesting! I think I'll be listening more after this....

Maybe these officers should be sailing the Nina, the Pinta or the Santa Maria.

I know Port Canaveral has sound, but I don't recall if they play the marine radio.

The audio on the Port Canaveral webcam may not be working, as I cannot hear anything. I even tried adjusting adjusting the volume on my PC. It's a shame. The webcam sits on top of Fishlips Grill and I really enjoy listening to the live music while watching the ships sail out.

The audio on the Port Canaveral webcam may not be working, as I cannot hear anything. I even tried adjusting adjusting the volume on my PC. It's a shame. The webcam sits on top of Fishlips Grill and I really enjoy listening to the live music while watching the ships sail out.

The sound on the Port Canaveral webcam was damaged during a recent storm. They expect it to be up and running shortly and they are waiting for a part.

This was my favourite wave of the day in Port Everglades

Loyal to Royal

965079_10152088357281693_9152461494842957737_o.jpg

I can't get audio, on my iPad it says audio not supported, does anyone know if I can change this some how?

Might be that the website uses some elements of Flash, and Apple does not get along with Flash.

Edited by clarea

Yes you can always here the harbor traffic on the radio if you have your sound unmuted. During the sail away the webcam will turn on their microphone to hear the sound of the ship and it's horn sounds as it passes the webcam.

3 ships only in port today Port Everglades ALL RCI ships. :):) Liberty is first out about 4:30pm then Oasis at 5 PM and then Independence on her transatlantic voyage at 5:30 pm

I hope the Independence isn't doing her Transatlantic today :eek: I'm booked

On her on May 4th.

Is this the only port webcam that has sound?

The guy's that run that Port Everglades webcam also run several other's...They have two in New York, one the PortNYwebcam, and the other the NYHarborwebcam...the first one webcasts a microphone of the harbor sounds, the second one webcasts transmissions from a marine band scanner. Many of us witnessed the high drama of the NCL Gem doing a medical evacuation last Wednesday night....here's a link to it...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42565592&postcount=92

I might add, that some of the most interesting audio exchanges were prior to the beginning of this recording....a little bit of a "turf war" between the NYFD and NYPD marine units....

Edited by bob brown