Have You/Will You/Are you considering canceling your Quantum or Anthem Cruise?

Quantum Cancellations  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Quantum Cancellations

• I've Canceled my Existing QoS or AoS
    • I'm Considering Canceling my Existing QoS or AoS
    • I won't consider QoS AoS reservations
    • The change in Home Ports will not affect my decision

I DID go ahead and cancel my march 21's sailing. The 2 stops and over night in labadee was not worth it at all in 8 nights. I now booking anthem 12 night southern.

I am glad to hear that you were able to find something else on Anthem that worked for your schedule. The 12 night cruise looks great. Have a great cruise.

Quite the opposite, the news actually compelled me to book a sailing on Quantum in March 2015. While I am disappointed they are taking the ship to Asia, I did not want to risk missing the chance to sail on the beautiful flagship of a groundbreaking new class in her inaugural season.

Given the recent shuffle of Quantum Class cruising, Have You canceled your existing booking, Are you Considering Canceling Your Existing Booking or are you No longer considering booking Quantum or Anthem for future cruises in the Near Future?

Not at all! Booked the Quantum for March 2015 and the Anthem for 2016! Why would anybody cancel? The ships will be beautiful and very exciting. The ship is the destination!

Edited by Cruise a holic

I booked the Quantum for 11 nights in December , 2015 and the Anthem for 12 nights November, 2016.

I will not know until I have sailed on the Quantum if I will cancel the Anthem cruise or not. If we love the ship we will keep our booking and if we don't we will book a different cruise.

I booked the Quantum for 11 nights in December , 2015 and the Anthem for 12 nights November, 2016.

I will not know until I have sailed on the Quantum if I will cancel the Anthem cruise or not. If we love the ship we will keep our booking and if we don't we will book a different cruise.

How did you book November 2016? There are no bookings on any ship beyond April 2016

I am glad to hear that you were able to find something else on Anthem that worked for your schedule. The 12 night cruise looks great. Have a great cruise.

Well I actually replaced the quantum sailing with another adventurer sailing next June. Anthem will be nov 30.

Sorry to ask a rookie question, but how often is it that they will modify the itinerary after posting it for booking?

It doesn't always happen, but sometimes they will drop a port or exchange a port for another one. Lately, dropping a port seems to be more common.

Why would anybody cancel?

I don't think the wording in this poll is the best (sorry OP). Cancelling because a ship is re-homed doesn't really make a lot of sense. However, I think that a lot of people booked Q intially waiting for the summer itineraries to come out and maybe exchange. So when they didn't (because Q was moving) some people may have just cancelled. Liberty isn't the best option either because the prices are currently ridiculous.

I originally booked Q for January since I was onboard and that was available. But I hoped to move it to spring or summer.

Edited by marci22

I don't think the wording in this poll is the best (sorry OP). Cancelling because a ship is re-homed doesn't really make a lot of sense. However, I think that a lot of people booked Q intially waiting for the summer itineraries to come out and maybe exchange. So when they didn't (because Q was moving) some people may have just cancelled. Liberty isn't the best option either because the prices are currently ridiculous.

I originally booked Q for January since I was onboard and that was available. But I hoped to move it to spring or summer.

I haven't checked Liberty prices lately. Has anyone noticed any reduction or they still as high as when first released?

I haven't checked Liberty prices lately. Has anyone noticed any reduction or they still as high as when first released?

Liberty prices have not changed for the one sailing I've been watching. I'm watching it purely out of curiosity, we won't be sailing on Liberty in 2015. I cannot imagine they're having too much luck selling cabins at those prices... I think the Anthem release has shown that folks up here are willing to pay a premium for a brand new ship, but I do not believe Royal will find the same to be true for Liberty.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Given the recent shuffle of Quantum Class cruising, Have You canceled your existing booking, Are you Considering Canceling Your Existing Booking or are you No longer considering booking Quantum or Anthem for future cruises in the Near Future?
I was hoping to switch one of my Quantum bookings to a cruise in July or August. With the recent news regarding Quantum leaving, I had to do my own "shuffle" of booked cruises. I switched my Quantum Thanksgiving cruise to an Anthem Thanksgiving cruise. All is good!:D Edited by roe2ship

I'm on my phone. Is there an actual poll somewhere?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Yes but you can't access it through the mobile app.

Thanks. Can someone post a link? Or where would I find it if on my pc?

Just log into this thread from your PC and you'll see it at the top.

We and our friends had been anxiously waiting for the release of the Quantum May 2015 itineraries -- but, China was not what we'd had in mind. Obviously, we won't be making that booking. We may try again for Anthem in May of 2016 -- if they really do keep her stateside, that is. :confused:

Ok. Poll done. We have a group of 20 that was anxiously awaiting the Quantum summer 2015 dates, we live about 90 mins from Bayonne. So disappointed with the move. But, we would have been happy to book Liberty if the pricing wasn't so ridiculously high. It's cheaper to fly to Fort Lauderdale & sail Oasis. So, no Quantum or Anthem for us. I hope Royal gets real about Liberty's rates. I love Royal, I wasn't impressed with NCL Breakaway last year. But doesn't mean I would rather pay double for Royal.

Nah

. It's cheaper to fly to Fort Lauderdale & sail Oasis.

Agreed, that's exactly what we decided to do in lieu of sailing Liberty.