So, is 1-2-3 "free"

ghstudio

Our March 2015 cruise has gone up $400pp with the only perk being offered of $250OBC. Think I'll stay with my beverage package, prepaid gratuities & OBC. I can do a lot with $800...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just checked Celebrity website and it is stating 'Sold Out' for our cabin type on our impending cruise. We got the 123 package to include the beverage package and OBC. I feel a strange sense of relief as at least the price hasn't dropped this time round.

Edited by LPCKG

Seems to me after reading so many replies that there is no direct correlation with price drops in relation to the perks offered. It seems like the promotion helped fill the ships so that Celebrity wouldn't have to cut price at the last minute. Those who noticed a drop in price are just on a ship or itinerary that has less demand for that sailing than other sailings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be that the ship didn't book well even with the promo. If you are sailing out of San Juan those itineraries don't book because of the expensive flights and add to the fact that the Summit is an old ship. The only reason to sail her would be for the itinerary. They are smart having her sail the Southern Caribbean itineraries and Bermuda. Not much competition from other lines sailing those routes.

Must depend on the dates. Our Feb. 28th Summit cruise has increases by almost $300 per person since we booked it with Bevy package and has not dropped in price since the package was removed.

Maybe the Summit is an older ship but we loved it and would choose to sail on her again even on a different itinerary.

1 2 3 Go and Pick Your Perk were promotions to lure you to book. Each person has to figure what the value of the perk is to them. For us,since we seldom drink, we pick the free tips. At $25/day, it is easy to calculate the value. On my upcoming cruise, the prices have not changed and we got the free tips. If I booked now, I would have to pay the tips. For me, booking during the promotion was good. I would like cruises to go back to not having extra type promotions and just cut the cruise fare. Basic price. Let me decide whether or not to buy the extras.

Must depend on the dates. Our Feb. 28th Summit cruise has increases by almost $300 per person since we booked it with Bevy package and has not dropped in price since the package was removed.

Maybe the Summit is an older ship but we loved it and would choose to sail on her again even on a different itinerary.

deleted

Edited by ghstudio