Celebrity 123 go offer

I am looking at booking on the Eclipse Scandinavia & Russia on the 25th July 2015 but as it stands the only offer is $225 on board credit... is it worth me hanging on to see if the start doing the 123 go offer? or should I bit the bullet and book it ... it seems that the cruise is booking up fast and dont want to miss out as we went on this cruise in 2013 had had a fantasic time .... what does everyone think ? the Aqua class is already sold out!!

OP may be from the UK (not sure if you're from Manchester in the UK or New Hampshire).

Booking rules are different for those in the UK. Might be a good idea to see what someone experienced with UK bookings has to say.

As far as the 1,2,3 Go or similar promos I'd be extremely surprised if it doesn't reappear again in the near future, but you never know.

I am looking at booking on the Eclipse Scandinavia & Russia on the 25th July 2015 but as it stands the only offer is $225 on board credit... is it worth me hanging on to see if the start doing the 123 go offer? or should I bit the bullet and book it ... it seems that the cruise is booking up fast and dont want to miss out as we went on this cruise in 2013 had had a fantasic time .... what does everyone think ? the Aqua class is already sold out!!

No, book now because you can add one other offer later - at least in North America.

Edited by Jade13

We booked on board with OBC and Pick Your Perk/123 Go.

We were told we could add one other offer at a later date.

When we switched sailings they added the OBC for booking onboard but substituted a redeployment $250.00 OBC instead of the Pick Your Perk. We just got that corrected and have the drinks package instead, but were told the book on board OBC and Drinks Package (Pick your Perk) is considered the two offers and whoever onboard told us we cold add one other promo made a mistake.

Just checking.

Thanks for the reply

Hi

UK terms and conditions are different from the US :mad:

Unlike the US the deal you book now in the UK you will be locked into, you will probably not be able to change without cancelling and losing your deposit

In the USA they can cancel before final payment without penalty so the cruise lines allow them to chop and change if a deal is not for "new bookings only" and even then they can cancel and rebook if there is no look back period

In the UK the price you pay and the deal you get is generally it.

A lot of people on these boards are from North America and some do not realise how restrictive the UK booking conditions are.

Damon

I'm in the UK. I booked Verandah with free classic drinks and free gratuities under the 123Go deal. Then when pick-your-perk came, the AQ prices were below what I'd paid for a Veranda room. So I rang Celebrity UK and asked if I could switch to the AQ room at the lower price, obviously losing the free gratuities, but keeping the classic beverage deal. No problem. Done in 10 minutes.

I suspect that half the problem is that UK bookers aren't used to asking for such changes, since such flexibility is unusual in the UK travel industry. Doesn't hurt to ask. And if they say no, try again tomorrow, when someone else will answer the phone. (On an earlier attempt, the Celebrity agent said I'd have to rebook the flight to Barcelona, which would have nullified the saving because the flight price had gone up. When I tried a couple of weeks later, the Celebrity agent held my original flight cost.)

Stuart

Edited by Wiltonian
typo

I would place a reasonably safe bet on the Promo reappering later in the year. Also, the 2014 May Baltic cruises saw a lot of availability up to very recently with UK agents offering balconies as low as £1300 (obviously without the perks) but a good price anyway.

Also, I would wait to see what happens with Russia as you would not want to go to the Baltics and miss St Petersburg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in the UK. I booked Verandah with free classic drinks and free gratuities under the 123Go deal. Then when pick-your-perk came, the AQ prices were below what I'd paid for a Veranda room. So I rang Celebrity UK and asked if I could switch to the AQ room at the lower price, obviously losing the free gratuities, but keeping the classic beverage deal. No problem. Done in 10 minutes.

I suspect that half the problem is that UK bookers aren't used to asking for such changes, since such flexibility is unusual in the UK travel industry. Doesn't hurt to ask. And if they say no, try again tomorrow, when someone else will answer the phone. (On an earlier attempt, the Celebrity agent said I'd have to rebook the flight to Barcelona, which would have nullified the saving because the flight price had gone up. When I tried a couple of weeks later, the Celebrity agent held my original flight cost.)

Stuart

Not so much as don't like asking (as you proved having to ask on more than one occasion), more like you were very lucky - agent must have wanted to get home early that day :D. Most ask, turn blue in the face and still don't get the change ;). Solution: book in the States if you want any flexibility :).

I have booked the Iceland and Norway cruise for 2015.

Before I booked I phoned Celebrity to enquire about their new price promise for early bookings, they assured me the promise meant that should the price drop or a new deal package such as the 123 go become available I would be able to change free of charge. They say this is to ensure those people that commit early will not lose out financially.

This persuaded me to book as I cant see how you can lose out with this offer.

We are booked on the Eclipse on the 7th of June with the same offer of classic drinks package and pre-paid gratuities which does not show on my e-docs. I rang Celebrity UK and they assured me that it shows on their booking and there wouldn't be a problem. Hope this is so as I don't want any problems when we are on board.

Racdan

We are booked on the Eclipse on the 7th of June with the same offer of classic drinks package and pre-paid gratuities which does not show on my e-docs. I rang Celebrity UK and they assured me that it shows on their booking and there wouldn't be a problem. Hope this is so as I don't want any problems when we are on board.

Racdan

We go tomorrow on Eclipse..nothing on my docs... I phone Celebrity and they said its on theirs..... Lets hope it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it too late to have a copy emailed to you so to carry it on with you?

Sailing on Eclipse 10 May, have took the free drinks package and pre paid gratuities, but no proof of this on my docs, will anything proving this be in my cabin when I get aboard, many thanks

We are on the same sailing.

It shows on our edocs on page 8. We also got a copy of Celebrity's invoice showing the drinks package and free tips included.

Reading other threads though, if the package isntet up when you board then guest relations cannot do anything until head office confirms the perks are included which can take a couple of days.

Its not acceptable at all and is totally unprofessional.

Maybe see you on board, queuing at reception reading to have a rant!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Racdan

Since you are on the same sailing as we are....would you like to join the roll call? We have a very active and friendly group!

Racdan

Many thanks