Infinity docked in Manhattan this morning

emmy

I think it is her scheduled stop on her TA to Harwich.

Just so used to seeing the Celebrity Ships in Bayonne but if it is a scheduled stop hope they enjoy NY.:)

I have always wanted to sail from the historic Manhattan docks -- I wish that it was Celebrities normal dock in NYC.

No slam against Port Liberty, never been there. I would really enjoy the history and imagine all of the classic liners that sailed in and out of those docks.

Screen-shot-2011-03-01-at-2.38.49-PM.png

If you drove and parked you wouldn't want to sail out of Manhatten, from what I have heard it is &45 per day.

Don't know what he cost are from the airport or Anythign else but AI have found Brooklyn and Bayonne to decent.

It would be a nice port to visit.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

In a perfect trip -- we'd fly into NYC, stay for a week in mid-town Manhattan, then board our Celebrity ship for a canal cruise back to our home in San Diego.

I can dream, can't I? ;)

Celebrity did sail from New York until a few years ago. We sailed Zenith, Horizon out of the 55th Street dock, docked right next to the Intrepid museum.

Bayonne is so much easier. Infinity docking there for a stop is great for the folks on board but for those who are embarking and disembarking Bayonne is much, much easier.

Celebrity did sail from New York until a few years ago. We sailed Zenith, Horizon out of the 55th Street dock, docked right next to the Intrepid museum.

Bayonne is so much easier. Infinity docking there for a stop is great for the folks on board but for those who are embarking and disembarking Bayonne is much, much easier.

Hi Pat,

We also sailed out of NYC 3 times and the traffic is MURDER.

Bayonne is easier and we can drive and park.

That is neat though that Infinity has a stop in NYC.

Thanks to the OP for posting the picture.

Thanks to the OP for posting the picture.

You are welcome :) here is a capture off the archives from the webcam of her passing 1 World Trade Center. I love this shot

10285456_10152100281141693_1393993241920492461_o.jpg

Eclipse is doing an overnight stop at the Manhattan pier on it's Nov 2015 TA, after visiting Boston. Sure beats stopping at Bayonne, for a visit into NYC.

Edited by wv4891

As a Long Islande, Bayonne, although twice the distance is faster, cheaper and easier than going into Manhattan. But a treat to actually pass the Statute of Liberty and the skyline from Manhattan. Lucky passengers on that TA. Vicki

As a Long Islande, Bayonne, although twice the distance is faster, cheaper and easier than going into Manhattan. But a treat to actually pass the Statute of Liberty and the skyline from Manhattan. Lucky passengers on that TA. Vicki

That's another big reason I want to sail from Manhattan :)

I totally understand the negative comments about the hassle and expense of embarking and disembarking in Manhattan. But the sailaway is one of the most beautiful you'll find, as you slowly pass half of Manhattan on one side, and then the Statue of Liberty on the other. It's also beautiful coming back early in the morning, with the sun rising over Manhattan. It's really something all cruisers should experience, at least once.

(Thanks for the pic of the Infinity in Manhattan; a very neat sight!)

JewelCruiseOct2010099.jpg

GemreturnstoNYC_zpsbb8980c4.jpg

(photos by turtles06)

Me too! Watching Gem leave now :)

What a beautiful night for sailaway.

Thanks for all the beautiful photos.

Infinity on the move!!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

Me too! Watching Gem leave now :)

What a beautiful night for sailaway.

Thanks for all the beautiful photos.

Infinity on the move!!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I love seeing the ships lit by the setting sun.

Don't forget to switch over to the NY Harbor web cam (from Port New York web cam) to see them go under the Bridge.

Edited by Turtles06