Diamond Lounge Question

Hello All,

I was wondering about the offerings in the Diamond Lounge. I am familiar with the offerings on the Oasis and Freedom class ships but is wondering if ships with designated "diamond lounges" offer more then just wine and champagne. We are planning on going on the Adventure of the Seas in May of 2015 and with it's recent drydock a "Diamond Lounge" was added. Does that mean beer and cocktails are included now or the same old stuff?

Thanks,

Jeff and Sarah

Hello All,

I was wondering about the offerings in the Diamond Lounge. I am familiar with the offerings on the Oasis and Freedom class ships but is wondering if ships with designated "diamond lounges" offer more then just wine and champagne. We are planning on going on the Adventure of the Seas in May of 2015 and with it's recent drydock a "Diamond Lounge" was added. Does that mean beer and cocktails are included now or the same old stuff?

Thanks,

Jeff and Sarah

Yes, selected beers, basic mixed drinks, house wine and champagne, soda are all complimentary. They also have hot and cold snacks. Same as the DL on Oasis/Freedom.

Edited by clarea

All ships with Diamond Clubs - such as Oasis and Freedom class ships as you reference - provide the same beverage and snack services during the cocktail hour.

The free wine and 25% discount on other drinks is the "Diamond Event" which is offered on those few remaining ships without a dedicated Diamond Club. As Adventure has just completed here revitalization, she now has a Diamond Club.

If you are a diamond member, are you allowed to bring kids with you or is it 21+ only?

The rule has been no one under 21 in the DL during the cocktail hours.

They had an issue with that recently on the trip before ours on Radiance. There was grandparents sailing with a "genuine" 8 year old Diamond. Head office was contacted apparently and there was permission given for the child to be in the lounge.

If a child has earned their points through paid sailing they are called "genuine" or "real" or something similar. Sorry I may have the wrong word here, but you get my meaning.

Generally though we understand the intent is for adults to be there for cocktail time. It was also my understanding that shorts were not appropriate, and while it was a sailing out of Australia where the standards may be considered to be more relaxed, it was a British person that was flouting this on many nights. We were not bent and twisted about it, just a bit surprised. We had packed more dressy items for our first DL trip, and much of it didn't get used in the DL or the MDR. We tend to go with the flow.

They had an issue with that recently on the trip before ours on Radiance. There was grandparents sailing with a "genuine" 8 year old Diamond. Head office was contacted apparently and there was permission given for the child to be in the lounge.

If a child has earned their points through paid sailing they are called "genuine" or "real" or something similar. Sorry I may have the wrong word here, but you get my meaning.

Generally though we understand the intent is for adults to be there for cocktail time. It was also my understanding that shorts were not appropriate, and while it was a sailing out of Australia where the standards may be considered to be more relaxed, it was a British person that was flouting this on many nights. We were not bent and twisted about it, just a bit surprised. We had packed more dressy items for our first DL trip, and much of it didn't get used in the DL or the MDR. We tend to go with the flow.

I understand what you mean.

Our dd is 12 and diamond in own right and will be D+ in her own right this year. I'm already D+ and will probably take her to CL as children are accepted there, but even I respect that DL was not designed for that purpose even if she will be D+ in her own right.

The rule has been no one under 21 in the DL during the cocktail hours.

I think it is 18 and above.

btw it can vary by ship. On one Ex cruise, when they were using the 19th Hole (Dizzys area) for the DL, they were allowing children in. Probably because it wasn't very busy.

I just looked on Royal's web page and for CL it says '18 and older' but we know they allow kids in for CL. Nothing specified for D but I remember a sign on Allure that said 18.

Edited by marci22

Never heard or read of any distinction for a passenger, child or adult. Either they are diamond ( or whatever ) or they are not.

Many folks become diamond on RCI because they are elite on celebrity. I've never heard them referred to a "not genuine " or " not real".

Perhaps there was some special consideration for allowing a child in a venue, but I seriously doubt it is because he is some sort of genuine diamond, rather than being diamond because his patents cruise often.

M

I think it is 18 and above.

btw it can vary by ship. On one Ex cruise, when they were using the 19th Hole (Dizzys area) for the DL, they were allowing children in. Probably because it wasn't very busy.

I just looked on Royal's web page and for CL it says '18 and older' but we know they allow kids in for CL. Nothing specified for D but I remember a sign on Allure that said 18.

Thanks for the correction.:)

We have been on cruises and seen children in the Diamond Lounge during the cocktail time. I honestly think it is at the discretion of the Diamond Concierge. Each time they were young children, appropriately dressed and well behaved. On one occasion I know the children were not "diamond" in their own right as I heard the parents ask the concierge if they could come in (she was checking ID's at the door). This was on the Allure and the Diamond cocktail party was being held in the Blaze nightclub, not the actual lounge.

on indy last month you also could have 3 drinks at any bar

Does anyone know if this is a fleet wide thing? I've read in a few places here that Diamond / Diamond + can get complimentary drinks at any bar / lounge between 4:30-8:00pm in addition to the Diamond Lounge.

I will be on Freedom in October and would love this perk!!

Does anyone know if this is a fleet wide thing? I've read in a few places here that Diamond / Diamond + can get complimentary drinks at any bar / lounge between 4:30-8:00pm in addition to the Diamond Lounge.

They were testing the concept on a few ships. It may only happen when there are in excess of a certain number of D and above guests.

Hello All,

Thanks,

Jeff and Sarah

We were able to get Lemon Drop martinis on our last cruise (March 2014) on the Navigator. The priest we were traveling with was able to enjoy his scotch every night. And the Adventure and Navigator are in the same class so hopefully you shouldn't have a problem getting your favorite drink.

If you are a diamond member, are you allowed to bring kids with you or is it 21+ only?

The last time we were on the Freedom they were allowing children under 18 years old in during the "Happy Hour". We had a letter in our room that stated guests under the age of 18 would be allowed in after 4:30 p.m. if accompanied by an adult.

Our next cruise will be our first as Diamond and I am looking forward to using the perks. I am getting concerned we may not be able to use the DL during happy hour because we are traveling with our children (aged 9).

What time is the happy hour? I hope it overlaps with Adventure Ocean hours if kids can not come with us to the DL. We do not let our kids wander around the ship on their own.

We were on the Freedom a couple of weeks ago. You could visit the Diamond Lounge and use your 3 vouchers during the cocktail time. At the beginning of the week they frowned on people leaving the DL with a drink so we used to get one at a bar before going to dinner using a voucher. By the end of the week people were just leaving with their drinks.

Also on embarkation day they had a welcome back drinks in the DL (usually it's not open first night) from 430pm. Waiters were really attentive :D

Our next cruise will be our first as Diamond and I am looking forward to using the perks. I am getting concerned we may not be able to use the DL during happy hour because we are traveling with our children (aged 9).

What time is the happy hour? I hope it overlaps with Adventure Ocean hours if kids can not come with us to the DL. We do not let our kids wander around the ship on their own.

The time of the evening cocktail hour is usually tied to the traditional dining times. If the early traditional time is 6pm, then the cocktail hour will usually be 5pm to 8:30pm.

They were testing the concept on a few ships. It may only happen when there are in excess of a certain number of D and above guests.

Just to add- we were on the Explorer in April, and we got the 3 drinks at bar benefit. It didn't seem as if there were a large number of D and above sailing, BUT the Explorer does not have a dedicated DL. So this actually was an improvement in what you could get.

It does work, but one must keep in mind that in terms of alcohol, the bars will ONLY give you what it listed. You might be able to talk them into something if they don't have it, but you won't be able to talk them into multiple itemed drinks or frozen drinks if not on the menu. I tried to get a Mahattan, but since Vermouth is not on the list, I could not.

Plus, this does NOT change the policy that you are not supposed to take a drink out of the actual lounge. Being in an GS, we had dinner in our cabin, and wanted to finish desert with a glass of port- and one is on the list. So we went to the closest bar- they didn't have it. They suggested going to the CL, so we did- they had it, but would not let us go to our cabin.

We pointed out that we COULD get the drinks in a bar, and go anywhere, but to no avail. I appreciate the rule, for sure- but the application of that when I should be able to get stuff at any bar, well. Some kinks still need worked out.

(we ended up going to the "overflow" CL up in the 19th hole- they were happy to give us port to take to our room. Then again, for so much overflow, we only saw people there on the first night. The CL is nice and all, but the view from up on deck 14 is SO much better....)

We were on the Freedom a couple of weeks ago. You could visit the Diamond Lounge and use your 3 vouchers during the cocktail time. At the beginning of the week they frowned on people leaving the DL with a drink so we used to get one at a bar before going to dinner using a voucher. By the end of the week people were just leaving with their drinks.

Also on embarkation day they had a welcome back drinks in the DL (usually it's not open first night) from 430pm. Waiters were really attentive :D

The Diamond lounge is open for drinks every night on Royal Caribbean... it is on Celebrity on embarkment day and the captains party they do not have the Elite event for free drinks.