Share Your BOGO Deals

My DH and I have held out for a sale before booking our Feb. '15 cruise on the Allure...decided to go for it with the BOGO sale and saved over $560 on our oceanview balcony. Can't wait!

We could have saved $500. on our JS but decided to upgrade for an additional $500 to a GS. So we really paid $1,000 more for the GS but the GS was still at a good deal (below $4,000 for the 2 of us) so we upgraded. This is on the Allure.

I checked today for another cruise on Freedom Oct. 2015 and a GS is quite a bit more than on the Allure - go figure!!

How did you manage to get this deal in the UK? I called RCI and they told me it couldn't be applied to UK bookings.

Go to us website put hold on then call international number listed on RC us website or make payment in $ online. That's what I do for my in laws.

(And yes I have their uk address in booking)

Hope that helps but clear cookies or it might try to bump you back to uk website)

Edited by Spurschick

Last month while onboard I booked Navigator for March 15th 2015, so I called our TA who told me the BOGOHO was for new bookings. I said call and see if I can cancel and rebook later and get the sale. She came back on after about 15 minutes and said they will give you sale. So the base price had gone up about $100 so we paid the higher price for guest 1 and got 1/2 off the base price for guest 2 - we kept our onboard credits for balcony discount and OBC - with the increase in base price we still saved $350, I am happy.

We also booked our spring 2016 cruise on Adventure out of San Juan - got the BOGOHO price $1440 for both of us taxes etc. included for a balcony, center hump cabin - got our balcony discount but no OBC because we booked while not on board but that's OK, the price was very right. The usual price for this cruise is about $2000 in this room category and I don't have to pay the balance for 700 days. wow that's a long time. :rolleyes:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I see, this special is for 2015 & 2016 sailings. These same sailings had a huge increase in pricing last month (April) and the special is now adjusting these back down to the real world. So while the 1/2 price for the 2nd person is nice and saves some monies, it also appears to be a trumped up price.

Am I wrong?

In my opinion, if you are not adding balcony discount etc and just want an inside room. This deal is amazing!! Maybe I am wrong but no matter the ship or month the prices for me are lower with the 50% offer than ever before

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I see, this special is for 2015 & 2016 sailings. These same sailings had a huge increase in pricing last month (April) and the special is now adjusting these back down to the real world. So while the 1/2 price for the 2nd person is nice and saves some monies, it also appears to be a trumped up price.

Am I wrong?

For some sailings you are dead on as there is no real deal but on others there are indeed great savings. The promo saved me $525 for a booking where the 1st person price was still the same from when it first came out. It did not go up in April at all, nor did it go up for the sale which some bookings did. If your willing to put in the time to do the research there are some great deals.

We are booked for Alaska August 2015 on radiance... Kept our d1 balconies and saved $500/ cabin. Kept balcony discount from c&a, and obc from next cruise certificate! Very happy indeed!

A TALE OF TWO CRUISES: We booked both on board in February.

1. Adventure out of San Juan for next February. We already had a great price with a residncy discount. We would have had to give up the residency discount to get the BOGOHO price. The price we booked was better than the BOGOHO.

2. Splendour in August. Not a good price to start, but it's what we wanted. We kept the balcony discount and the onboard booking credit, and were able to get a $350 price drop.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Am I wrong?

No, you are not wrong. I feel it was a bait and switch......

Barb

First of all I have to thank who ever put up the original post of the BOGO because I didn't know anything about it, but I sure got a great drop in price after I read the post. So my price drop was $640 on our Bermuda cruise for next May, Woo Hoo!!! Linda

Still not feeling it...

The price acrually jumps during the mock booking.

Balcony price is $1071.50 pp at the point that you select your cabin. After cabin selection, you then enter the info of the party of two and it jumps a $358.50 to a new price of $1429 pp. Reviewing the summary, you get a 1/2 price on the 2nd person of the price $1429 pp, which equates to $715.

So... while it indicates a savings of $715, the overall cost of still more than the same cruise on the same date of our last cruise. I see no savings whatsoever.

I'll keep looking though.

On Allure 2 weeks ago booked Splendour 2015 out of Venice in E1 and a N Inside. With BOGOHO changed to Rhapsody out of Rome and upgraded to a D1 corner aft and a L inside across the hall for $1200 less! kept the on board credits $100 for balcony and $25 for inside + diamond balcony discount. Also think the Rhapsody itinerary is better than the Spelndour one so very happy. The savings pays for 1 /4 airfares.

I see it as a free cruise. I took my savings and booked another cruise. And still have plenty left over.

:):)Us too! We saved enough on our existing 2015 bookings that I was able to book a 2016 5-night Brilliance in a JS and still have $200 left over.

BTW, the "inflated" price on the JS was exactly $10pp more than the identical cruise (same week, same length, same cabin) we took on Brilliance a month ago, so the overall BOGO price was almost $450 lower:):)

Edited by orville99

Still not feeling it...

Balcony price is $1071.50 pp at the point that you select your cabin. After cabin selection, you then enter the info of the party of two and it jumps a $358.50 to a new price of $1429 pp. Reviewing the summary, you get a 1/2 price on the 2nd person of the price $1429 pp, which equates to $715.

So... while it indicates a savings of $715, the overall cost of still more than the same cruise on the same date of our last cruise. I see no savings whatsoever.

While they are some good deals out there, I feel the same way as you do about Liberty of the Seas out of Bayonne, where are the savings $$?

The prices for Liberty were jacked up when they came out a few weeks ago. Then prices went down on May 1st with the BOGOHO special. To me, these prices for Liberty are about the same amount of money as what we pay for Explorer for the same itineraries. I don't see any $$ savings for Liberty out of Bayonne.

Still not feeling it...

Actually, the first price you see ($1071.50) is the average price per person. The second price, after cabin selection, shows each person's pricing. I'm an English teacher, but I think the math goes like this:

1071.50x2=$2143.00 (first price seen)

1429/2 = 714.50

1429+714.50=$2143.50 (round down to the nearest dollar. ) $2143.00

So the final price for two doesn't change during the booking. It's just two different ways to show the same final price. The first is the average per person, the second is the price for each individual. The final price is the same.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

UNV-IT alerted us that he got his second guest pricing with the BOGO on his already booked 2015 cruise...so I went for it on our 2016 Liberty.

Using our NCC to do Liberty even with the higher pricing...they let me add DH for just $100 deposit and we saved $550. Woohoo!

Our final balance on the E2 before I called them today was going to be $1957 and with the BOGO its now 1394. Thanks UNV-IT! And RCCL.. now Liberty is just all right with me!~ Pricing for the 2 of us same E2 balcony was $1815.96.

Edited by BecciBoo