Serenade 8088 Noise

We're currently booked in 8088 and a few posters have mentioned a music noise issue . Seeing that we aren't late night folks I'm thinking I might need to change this. Trying to keep to an E1 I'm looking at 7598 on the hump. It's the basic location but on the opposite side of the ship. Would I have the same issue here.

Can't really tell from the deck plans if the balcony is a normal size or slightly smaller.

If the balcony looks smaller on the deck plans, it probably is. This is not always true 100%, but usually the deck plans are a pretty good indicator of size. :)

We were in Center Hump cabin 9586 on Jewel (same ship basically) in March and you could definitely hear the music pounding in the room. So I'm sure you'd hear some sound two floors down in 7598. It didn't bother us though or keep us awake. If sound like that tends to bother you, it might make sense to get away from the atrium altogether. 8088 is a highly coveted cabin due to the large balcony, I wouldn't give it up just to move across the ship where there probably wouldn't be much difference in noise.

Edited by bouhunter

You have to weigh out the situation. Is the bigger balcony important to you? I know many people here have said they love this cabin, but I have to tell you... DH and I just came back from a B2B on Serenade, and we had 9240. We could see 9092 from our balcony (just the other side of the hump from your cabin, and one deck up obviously) and I said to DH I was glad we didn't have that balcony cabin because they cannot see "forward", if you will. They could only see straight out and behind because of the hump. Does that make sense? We enjoyed our balcony cabin for the unobstructed views, but as I said, others love the bigger balconies on the side of the hump.

You will hear some noise from the Centrum, even on the upper decks. The hallway and the metal cabin door do muffle some of the sound, but you know, for us vacation is about relaxation and fun and peace, and a good sleep is part of that. *shrug* Since you are not a night owl, it is something to think about.

Enjoy Serenade. She is beautiful. :)

I was one on the other thread that told you about the noise we experienced in 8088. We also had a cabin in the same sort of location on deck 10 and still heard a lot of Centrum noise.

I would not give up 8088 for a hump cabin. If the noise will be an issue I would get one further down the hall or perhaps an aft cabin.

We had 1056 in March and loved loved loved that cabin. In the evenings when the live music was going on after 10 pm the hall door was shut. But when we came back from dinner to change and music going on we never heard anything with it not being shut. I read about the noise and was afraid we had made a mistake moving from the other side to 1056 but it was amazing.

Whatever you choose....enjoy your cruise. Have a blessed day.

we were in 9092 on the jewel and 1056 on the serenade and loved both cabins! yes we heard some noise from the centrum, but never past midnight, and we were both so tired from our daily activities we fell right to sleep. plus ear plugs worked great! loved the location since it was right off elevator and could get anywhere on ship in no time! loved it so much traded my aft cabin 1100 for 8088 for December- just love the extended balcony- I think it may be as big or bigger than 1100 balcony!

We've stayed in 7598 on the Serenade. The balcony is a little larger than the regular rooms and your view down isn't obstructed by the lifeboat covers. It is not a center hump balcony though and you do have to stretch quite a bit to see past the center hump cabins. However, there is considerable noise from the centrum till about midnight each night. You could try bringing a white noise machine to cancel it out but if you are a light sleeper and will turn in before midnight you should probably reconsider your location. Between 8088 & 7598, I'd pick 8088 because it's balcony is huge!

If you're looking for a huge balcony and don't mind it not being completely private I'd get one of the extrended forward or aft balcony cabins on deck 7: 7016 - 7044, 7516 - 7544, 7154 - 7168, 7654 - 7668.

Edited by KITKAT0229