Jewel Drydock in SF - Let the Games Begin!

CarlsDad

Great picture, Adele! Thanks! We'll be on her May 31st! Our first time on the Jewel in a Haven Suite! :)
Oh, Sandy, you are going to love it. We've been in two Haven suites on the Jewel and had such a great time. I just wish we could afford to cruise in the Haven for every cruise.

How can I access that info on my computer? Would love to watch her voyage up north to Seattle.

Marinetraffic.com or download the app to your device.

Edited by Seanote

I'll give it a try, thanks!

Be advised that consumer AIS tracking services like marintraffic and vesselfinder only use shore based AIS stations, so once the ship is more than 25 or so miles away from an AIS station (not just 25 miles offshore), the signal will be lost.

Be advised that consumer AIS tracking services like marintraffic and vesselfinder only use shore based AIS stations, so once the ship is more than 25 or so miles away from an AIS station (not just 25 miles offshore), the signal will be lost.

So is there a good site for tracking the route and progress of a ship? Specifically the Jewel?

So is there a good site for tracking the route and progress of a ship? Specifically the Jewel?

Nope. The sites mentioned, and others will provide you with satellite AIS updates, for a membership fee, but most of them only update every 24 hours still. Ships will appear and disappear from vessel tracking sites regularly.

Adele those are great Pictures...Sandy takes wonderful Pictures. I lurked on her "Pearl" to Alaska. And I was just getting off the "Pearl" and had the fun to wave goodbye to her and her Family. What was funny is that she took a picture of me waving goodbye and sent it to me when she got home.:D

Nope. The sites mentioned, and others will provide you with satellite AIS updates, for a membership fee, but most of them only update every 24 hours still. Ships will appear and disappear from vessel tracking sites regularly.

That is incorrect. Do a google search "where is my cruise ship" Look for one of the top couple searches.

http://www.***********/ship_tracker/norwegian_cruise_line/norwegian_jewel.php

Fill in the asterisks with "cruisin dot me"

Free and constant updates. No memberships and no signing up for anything. Track pretty much any kind of ship anywhere in the world.

Edited by kdzkatz
edit

That is incorrect. Do a google search "where is my cruise ship" Look for one of the top couple searches.

http://www.***********/ship_tracker/norwegian_cruise_line/norwegian_jewel.php

Fill in the asterisks with "cruisin dot me"

Free and constant updates. No memberships and no signing up for anything. Track pretty much any kind of ship anywhere in the world.

Well, I went there, and it is fed by marinetraffic.com, which is one of the sites I mentioned previously. Looked for ships a considerable distance offshore, and found the Breakaway and the Celebrity Summit. Both are several hundred miles off the Delmarva peninsula. However, when you look at the position data, the last position received was 4 days ago. Carnival Spirit off New Caledonia, 1 day ago; Dawn Princess off NZ, 2 days ago, Jewel of the Seas, 17 hours ago; Carnival Breeze, 21 hours ago.

I just booked a B2B on Jewel for Nov 8 and Nov 15. My first on NCL, very excited!

I searched this thread but couldn't find any mention of whether or not Jewel will receive the 'Illusionarium' in dry dock. Can anyone confirm?

I just booked a B2B on Jewel for Nov 8 and Nov 15. My first on NCL, very excited!

I searched this thread but couldn't find any mention of whether or not Jewel will receive the 'Illusionarium' in dry dock. Can anyone confirm?

No it did not based on reports.

Entertainment for Jewel as of her page today on NCL.com:

P.S. Have a great cruise!!!!

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/jewel/onboard/entertainment#tab_detail

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

Looking out our Seattle hotel room window, just had the first sighting of the Jewel in the harbor! She'll be docking shortly!

Robin

You realize that you have an obligation to post pictures of the new areas just as soon as possible, right?

You realize that you have an obligation to post pictures of the new areas just as soon as possible, right?

I'll try! Is there a quick way to post phone pics on here? Hoping my tech inexperience doesn't ruin it for all of us! Coach me!

Robin