Jewel Drydock in SF - Let the Games Begin!

CarlsDad

One more.... this was supposed to be "O'Sheehan's in entirety" from the post above, but I screwed it up...

osh7.jpg

Have you noticed it's almost 7PM in Seattle and the Jewel hasn't left yet? She was scheduled to depart at 4PM.

I wonder if the bars are serving any Alaskan brewery beer? My last cruises there on other lines both had it...

Obviously its a big, easy seller up there. They have had it the last two times I was there (2012, 2013) and I drank a TON of it. Although it wasn't listed on any menus, it was on display behind the bars. Guess we'll have to look closely at any forthcoming pictures.

I realize things can certainly change since we are still 180 some days out, but Robin/Fishbait17/Triptolemus could you attempt to answer some questions for me? We are in the Jewel's GV #14000 the week of Thanksgiving this year.

We sailed several years ago in the Pearl's GV and there was no cord to be able to hook our MP3 player to the Bose sound system. I plan on bringing my own cord but is there one in the desk drawer in your unit? Ours was missing the cord and the concierge/butler was not able to find one for us. :( I also will be bringing my own cd's, as I forgot last time and music is an important part of our cruise experience!

Second, did you request any alcohols that were not listed as choices from the concierge? If so, did your requests get filled and was there an additional charge for changing them out? We would enjoy having something other than the basics they list and would be willing to pay the upcharge. I guess the answer for this will be at the concierge/butler discretion..?

Third, I think the Gem has a massaging chair by the desk. The Pearl did not. Is there a massage chair in your suite? That would be heavenly if so!

Enjoy your vacation immensely!!!! Yes, #14500 is ORANGE, orange, orange! #14000 is BLUE, blue, blue. That is why we choose #14000, as so much orange would remind me of McDonalds in the 1970's and 80's:D

Thanks Robin...Princess Cindy

Edited by realcindylouwho

I wonder if the bars are serving any Alaskan brewery beer? My last cruises there on other lines both had it...

Sent from my C6606 using Forums mobile app

As said, it wasn't advertised at all other than seeing bottles sitting at the bars.

Thanks to everyone who has posted comments and pictures of the Jewel. For first time cruisers, it can be a little over whelming. I can definitely see cruising can become addictive. I hope we feel the same way.

Flying out to Seattle on Thursday from Baltimore, MD and looking forward to meeting new friends and having a fabulous time.

Promise to post pictures from our experience to future cruisers :)

See everyone at the meet and greet on 5/25/14.

Tom and Linda

Thanks to everyone who has posted comments and pictures of the Jewel. For first time cruisers, it can be a little over whelming. I can definitely see cruising can become addictive. I hope we feel the same way. . . .

Tom and Linda

Tom and Linda, some of us have been cruising for a long time, and we're still learning from our fellow cruisers. Have a wonderful first cruise.

I realize things can certainly change since we are still 180 some days out, but Robin/Fishbait17/Triptolemus could you attempt to answer some questions for me? We are in the Jewel's GV #14000 the week of Thanksgiving this year.

We sailed several years ago in the Pearl's GV and there was no cord to be able to hook our MP3 player to the Bose sound system. I plan on bringing my own cord but is there one in the desk drawer in your unit? Ours was missing the cord and the concierge/butler was not able to find one for us. :( I also will be bringing my own cd's, as I forgot last time and music is an important part of our cruise experience!

Second, did you request any alcohols that were not listed as choices from the concierge? If so, did your requests get filled and was there an additional charge for changing them out? We would enjoy having something other than the basics they list and would be willing to pay the upcharge. I guess the answer for this will be at the concierge/butler discretion..?

Third, I think the Gem has a massaging chair by the desk. The Pearl did not. Is there a massage chair in your suite? That would be heavenly if so!

Enjoy your vacation immensely!!!! Yes, #14500 is ORANGE, orange, orange! #14000 is BLUE, blue, blue. That is why we choose #14000, as so much orange would remind me of McDonalds in the 1970's and 80's:D

Thanks Robin...Princess Cindy

Quickly stopping in. Don't be surprised if the colors changed in 14000. The decor in 14500 has changed entirely. Whole ship is now orange lol not the suite. Suite has a little orange but is more tan and brown.

No mp3 cord, we brought our own. No longer Bose system, now Phillips. No outdoor speakers either.

No massaging chair. New chair, leather.

Haven't asked for uncharged liquor, but will be requesting in a couple days (once we get through first three bottles of standard). I'm assuming they up charge depending on concierge. Have paid up charge last few cruises.

Robin

Latest news. Concierge / Haven lounge on deck 15 is closed. According to virginia, they are putting at least one new DOS up there, like Pearl, Jade, Gem. Shame, it may take away much space for GV forward facing balcony. Apparently it was supposed to be worked on during drydock, but not much got done.

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

Latest news. Concierge / Haven lounge on deck 15 is closed. According to virginia, they are putting at least one new DOS up there, like Pearl, Jade, Gem. Shame, it may take away much space for GV forward facing balcony. Apparently it was supposed to be worked on during drydock, but not much got done.

Robin

Is this effecting use of your sun deck?

Edited by Cubechick

Robin

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!We want that sundeck space facing the pool and not be limited to the other part of the sundeck as we had on the Pearl. Hopefully they will not be able to get the changes done before Thanksgiving and we will have both spaces to enjoy the sun. We had really been looking forward to watching the pool activities and listening to the music from the pool deck. :(

No massage chair, no problem, hubby will just have to give me my massages. Also no outdoor speakers anymore?!!! This means I have to pack my portable ones. Dang, I was trying to pack more lightly.

Keep us informed of the upgraded alcohol. At the end of the day, we aren't going to be picky about the alcohol. We just like to know if we have any additional options and go from there. Thanks so much for your prompt reply:) - Princess Cindy

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!We want that sundeck space facing the pool and not be limited to the other part of the sundeck as we had on the Pearl. Hopefully they will not be able to get the changes done before Thanksgiving and we will have both spaces to enjoy the sun. We had really been looking forward to watching the pool activities and listening to the music from the pool deck. :(

No massage chair, no problem, hubby will just have to give me my massages. Also no outdoor speakers anymore?!!! This means I have to pack my portable ones. Dang, I was trying to pack more lightly.

Keep us informed of the upgraded alcohol. At the end of the day, we aren't going to be picky about the alcohol. We just like to know if we have any additional options and go from there. Thanks so much for your prompt reply:) - Princess Cindy

So far nobody knows for sure if it's going to be one suite or two. If it's only one, it will probably be like the one on the Jade, and that only takes a bit of the upper GV sun deck leaving great pool deck views intact.

Haven't found outdoor speakers yet.. Jade GV didn't have them either. Portable speaker works great out here though.

Robin

Robin

We are in the Haven this weekend and were looking forward to using this as a nice private observation deck…do I understand it is completely closed???

We are in the Haven this weekend and were looking forward to using this as a nice private observation deck…do I understand it is completely closed???
I loved the old Concierge Lounge, the only one of its kind. However, often we found it completely empty, and it could be a very valuable space if Deluxe Owners Suites are added.

New decor outside Le Bistro...

leb1.jpg

New Carlos bakery case in atrium at java cafe. Costs $...

car1.jpg

Updated the photograph dept like the new ships. No more looking thru physical photos. Computerized by cabin number...

gal1.jpg

None of your pics are showing for me. Nobody else is having this problem? :confused:

Edited by EasyPeasy

None of your pics are showing for me. :confused:

They're working for me, but I have noticed some problems with my web host recently.

All the pictures Robin sent are posted here:

http://mrose.org/cc/robin/

You can just go click on them manually. If you click on "last modified" it will sort by date and they will be in the same order (pretty much) as posted here.