Star Princess - odd course

runnerodb83

There are posts on the Princess Cruises facebook page and John Heald's facebook page that indicate the ship is without power.

super....now im really looking forward to boarding on friday :mad:

of course it could be worse, the westerdam lost power in port on saturday...not quite sure how that happens.

Anyone know the present weather conditions, it shows her at 2.9 knots, assuming that is probably wind pushing her around?

Hopefully all gets restored soon.\

*Edit: She's picking up speed.*

Edited by CruiseAdict218

the wind is heading to the NW, and the current to the SE, and shes up to 10knots now, so thats probably a good sign.

the crown is very far out west, presumably to get out of the chop that seems to be centered off the coast of Lompoc, precisely where the star is.

Edited by runnerodb83

princess just replied to a message i sent them saying power has been restored.

That's good but if there's going to be a power loss then off the CA coast was better than the time we had it in the middle the Pacific. ;)

I had just checked on the Star earlier, because I would like to go to Alaska and my hubby does not want to fly. We could drive to San Francisco. Both the May 9th and 12th sailings are no longer available to book, and they were a few hours ago.

I had just checked on the Star earlier, because I would like to go to Alaska and my hubby does not want to fly. We could drive to San Francisco. Both the May 9th and 12th sailings are no longer available to book, and they were a few hours ago.

the 9th voyage has been reliably sold out for some time now.

The May 12th sailing had been sold out for about a week now but looks like it may be available again.

Edited by O2Bcrusin

STarting to think, I should quit reading these posts. We are doing the round trip from

San Francisco to Alaska on the Star. June 14. I don't want to hear it is losing power.

yikes...

Yikes is right!!! We are doing the June 14th also. So two weeks with having power issues and four weeks with noro (see post - Star Princess--great crew but Norovirus sucks on May1st) ? I hope they fix everything before we get on. There are 4 more sailings before us (May 9th, May 12th, May 23rd and June 3rd) so I am definitely watching these threads. Plenty of time, right?

It is going to be OK. The Star ran great, to and from Hawaii, in March. I did think I heard and felt an engine hesitate or sputter, once or twice, but it kept going.

No problem.

Princess won't go if they aren't confident in the ship. They have fantastic engines and backup generators, according to the "Technical at Sea" talk onboard. Do attend Technical at Sea if you get the chance.

Having said this, I do like the idea of a flashlight. I have a pocket sized Maglite in my backpack :). With fresh Duracell batteries:)

Bon voyage! :)

Edited by Cruisin'Rabbit