Should i upgrade to concierge room

Montana

They really aren't, in my opinion, unless you are on a ship where the cabins are bigger and you want the extra points. Now Aqua Class, on the other hand, is worth paying more for because of the spa pass and Blu, which add value to those who will utilize both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the location of the concierge rooms on the Solstice ships, the Millenium ships balcony is fine

I have a veranda now and am not sure if the perks are worth it.

What ship? Yes, on an M Class ship if the price is right. No, on an S Class ship unless the price difference is slight and you need the extra points per day.

They really aren't, in my opinion, unless you are on a ship where the cabins are bigger and you want the extra points. Now Aqua Class, on the other hand, is worth paying more for because of the spa pass and Blu, which add value to those who will utilize both.

And for me the extra cruise credit and cabin location are worth it for concierge but the spa and Blu are highly over rated and I have NO interest in paying more for Aqua class.

Whether it is "worth it" or not is entirely personally subjective and each person has to decide for themselves what is worth it or not.

I am one of those who has cruised in Concierge class several times...

...and I don't think it is generally worth it...

The extra points means very little to me (I am Elite anyway and should turn Elite Plus after my Galapagos cruise next summer if I don't end up on another Celebrity cruise before then)...The bottle of champagne is just a bottle of cheap champagne...The daily appetizers in the cabin go largely uneaten--and it's not that I can't get plenty to eat onboard...The showerhead is just a showerhead...and so on...

So, why do I keep ending up in Concierge class cabins? Because I ordinarily book standard balcony cabins, but I continually watch the cruise prices on my cruise...What seems to regularly happen is that those Concierge class cabins are among the slowest sellers...so, as the cruise approaches, I typically seem to find a "sale" on that category where the price comes to within about $100 per person or less from what I'm paying for my booking...I've even had it drop below what Iwas paying for a standard balcony...and, then, I will call my Travel Agent and jump on a switch--especially if I can get a preferred cabin or location in the process...

For example, on my last two cruises on Eclipse, then on Silhouette, we were able to get #2111 and #2106--two cabins right near the aft elevators, on the slant with the oversized balconies...On Eclipse, it was 2111 for a couple dollars less than we'd been scheduled to pay for an ordinary 1C on Deck 8...On Silhouette, it was under $200 extra to move from a semi-obstructed view balcony to 2106 with a giant balcony...Throw in the bottle of cheap champagne and it was well worth the extra cost...

BUT, on MOST cruises, when looking at a standard rate schedule, it is clearly not worth the difference in price...

Book the standard, but keep watching the prices...

And for me the extra cruise credit and cabin location are worth it for concierge but the spa and Blu are highly over rated and I have NO interest in paying more for Aqua class.

Whether it is "worth it" or not is entirely personally subjective and each person has to decide for themselves what is worth it or not.

Agreed. That is why I said, "in my opinion" which is exactly what the OP asked for...

The OP needs to provide more info.

What ship? Will you use the extra amenities? How much more would you be paying? Are you trying to get to a higher captains club level? Is the location of the concierge class cabin better than the location of the cabin you currently have booked?

Edited by lovemylab

Depends on which ship you are on in my opinion.

On the M class, the Concierge Class are larger than standard Veranda, which is not the case on S class ships.

I upgraded for a very small fee on the Constellation for the reason listed above, and not at all for any of the additional "perks".