Breakaway Bermuda 2014

I can't tell if the Breakaway is docked in NY yet. It doesn't look like it from the NY Port webcam and the Breakaway's cam must be off. Any one know anything?

You can also tell by the marine map screen below the viewing screen on NY Port Webcam page. The blue triangle hover your cursor over it and will tell you the ship.

I am sure they will turn the webcam soon:)

8 weeks for us! I've been counting down for over a year :p

Made a reservation last night for Moderno - it was so exciting. Now we just hope the other 6 nights we don't have to stand in line forever to get into MDRs. This is the first NCL sailing for us, and we like having a set dining time, same table, same waiters etc. We're a group of 25, but 8-10 of us will be dining together each evening... we kinda like knowing our table is there; it's gonna take some getting used to, but I'm willing to go with the flow.

Edited by VickiD59

8 weeks for us! I've been counting down for over a year :p

Made a reservation last night for Moderno - it was so exciting. Now we just hope the other 6 nights we don't have to stand in line forever to get into MDRs. This is the first NCL sailing for us, and we like having a set dining time, same table, same waiters etc. We're a group of 25, but 8-10 of us will be dining together each evening... we kinda like knowing our table is there; it's gonna take some getting used to, but I'm willing to go with the flow.

If you're in a large group, stop by the Guest Services desk (deck 6) after you board; they can make dinner reservations for your large group for the same time every night if you like. You can also try calling the normal guest services line now and put in a "dining request" for the main dining room for the time you want. They won't guarantee it now, but when you get on the ship, it should be on record already. For a group that large, I'm sure they would rather know in advance than try to cobble tables together during peak dining times.

If you're in a large group, stop by the Guest Services desk (deck 6) after you board; they can make dinner reservations for your large group for the same time every night if you like. You can also try calling the normal guest services line now and put in a "dining request" for the main dining room for the time you want. They won't guarantee it now, but when you get on the ship, it should be on record already. For a group that large, I'm sure they would rather know in advance than try to cobble tables together during peak dining times.

Thanks for the info Joe. I read the same thing one time or another on the threads here, but for every person saying we can, two people will come along and say we can't :rolleyes: - we've always been used to the late seating time, which on other lines is 8:00ish; I guess it's just what we've grown accustomed to, but it's not cut in stone - we can be flexible. Will definitely hit Guest Services when we board.. at least it can't hurt to try.

Thanks for the info Joe. I read the same thing one time or another on the threads here, but for every person saying we can, two people will come along and say we can't :rolleyes: - we've always been used to the late seating time, which on other lines is 8:00ish; I guess it's just what we've grown accustomed to, but it's not cut in stone - we can be flexible. Will definitely hit Guest Services when we board.. at least it can't hurt to try.

Good luck Vicki -- my source of the info was from one of the Breakaway Freestyle Dailies that was posted from a recent 2014 cruise to Bermuda, so I didn't pull it out of the air or from past experiences. We're going to be in the same situation ourselves on our July sailing -- 17 of us. You can't make a reservation in advance, but I have "dining requests" in for the Manhattan dining room on the last night and The Haven dining room for the first.

Woohoo. Either way you can't lose. What a gorgeous sight.

Port Side it is.

Have a great time in Bermuda everyone onboard.

39 days to go for us.

Happy Sailing!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

What time is it for you, cruisin cockney? Here it's 6:21am.

P.S. Haha steal a march on those ferries from the Summit pax for sure ;)

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

What time is it for you, cruisin cockney? Here it's 6:21am.

P.S. Haha steal a march on those ferries from the Summit pax for sure ;)

11.24 here in London. Not got the weather that they have in Bermuda - raining here! I am not sure I have ever seen Summit in first - this is a real advantage for those Breakaway pax wanting an early start as I understand that those ferries fill up fast.

11.24 here in London. Not got the weather that they have in Bermuda - raining here! I am not sure I have ever seen Summit in first - this is a real advantage for those Breakaway pax wanting an early start as I understand that those ferries fill up fast.

Raining here in New York as well. Breakaway always arrives first. There's her horn!

Summit departs NY Harbor first but always arrives BDA last.

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Unless the Summit starts to maneuver, it looks like we may have the first aft to aft docking of the season - my personal preference for our cruise as well.

And.... perhaps I spoke too soon :rolleyes:

Edited by VickiD59

Port side again. 3 times out of 4 this season. Clearly the default orientation. Bodes well for me port side stateroom 4 week today :)
...and the pattern continues - BA has been docking same orientation as Dawn before her each week this season. If you check Dawn on Sunday when you're boarding BA in NY, chances are good you'll know your Bermuda orientation even before BA drops her lines in NY. :) Edited by kroozin'

I think we're going to plan beach days for the first two full day, or at least a day and a half. My hubby definitely wants to do something other than the beach for two days - he's a museum/fort/history kinda guy, I may need to let him get that out of his system at some point. Just point me in the directions of stores and I'll be fine. Shopping is in Hamilton? We will probably break away (no pun) from the rest of the group to do that sort of stuff.

Weather permitting I think our second day we'll prob go to HSB or one of the neighboring beaches. Last day I do not want to venture far at all.

It's funny - our other cruises we had only had about 6-7 hours at each port, and yet we still managed to venture off and go to beaches and explore the islands, and have plenty of time to get back to the ship. Here we'll have more than 21/2 days and I feel like I'm not going to get it all in.

Thanks for your ideas.

My sister thinks she's going to see everything while there. She said "we did Rome in a day". I beg to differ.

Shopping in Hamilton doesn't appeal to me, but I can always go with the flow of our group.

I was also thinking of a day pass at Cocoa Reef.

Catamaran for sure.

I agree with you totally on not venturing far from the Dockyard last day. Forts and Snorkel Park that day.

Sorry that you probably won't get your desired position of aft to aft :(

But it's all good. Being in Bermuda on Brwakaway...how can that be anything but great :D

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc