Breakaway Bermuda 2014

Great day in Bermuda - nice & sunny, Fast Ferry just pulling out for downtown Hamilton - looks like they are using the largest ferry for the 20 minutes ride to carry as many pax as they could, maybe doing extra runs. Looks packed/crowded - still the best way to get around, the mid-sized buses used by locals cannot handle 8,000 pax coming off these 2 ships, not to mention a few off-duty crew members on leave.

Oops - that Ferry looked to be heading for St. George - it's a 45+ minute but very scenic, water could be a bit choppy !

Edit - folks already walking back to the ships, for lunch ?? I see the pier shuttle doing its short loop over by the Summit.

Edited by mking8288

May 7th.

Docked 7:30am Bermuda time

Port Side.

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

If it dock port side this week does it mean that it will dock starboard next week? If so I will be :D

No guarantee.

She may be starboard next week. But she maybe port side again too.

That's kind of why I started this thread was to try and keep track but I doubt there's a real pattern.

Have a great cruise!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

If it dock port side this week does it mean that it will dock starboard next week? If so I will be :D

It's 50-50 every week. No rhyme or reason. (Except if there are lifeboats that need tested or a drill to run.)

That is true you never know what the captain has in mind...the year we went all season the Summit was docked on the port so I booked a port balcony but the week we went the captain decided to dock starboard...oh well...still had a beautiful time...

Port side once more.

May 14th. X Summit nowhere in sight even though she left NY Harbor first on Sunday.

Very impressive docking.

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

X Summit on it's way in now.

Looking like port side to the dock is the default orientation for the BA. Hope so as I am port side in June and prefer to look inland.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Cruisin'cockney

My guess for the season for both the BA and Dawn will be about 2/3 of the time facing out to see and the other in towards dock.

Basing that solely on what they have been doing in the prior years on average.

Cruisin...there's land both sides. Grand Bermuda is on the starboard side and Royal Navy Dockyard port side. So either way you are good.

Have a great cruise and please come back with a report!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Would it be considered a little nuts that I have a spreadsheet to keep track of the docking position each week? :rolleyes:

I'm actually hoping for a BA port side docking so our aft cabins face the Summit - of course I could change my mind at any given moment :p

Vicki, have you been to Bermuda before on Breakaway?

Sorry, I cannot see signatures!

Spreadsheet?? I thought I was bad!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

Would it be considered a little nuts that I have a spreadsheet to keep track of the docking position each week? :rolleyes:
Oh yea.. I'll definitely be keeping track this season. ;) I'm about to book a starboard mini and recall last season it seemed BA docked starboard much more often - so now she's already up to 2 port side docks. :)

Oh right. You are a couple weeks after us.

I've been to Bermuda before, but it was a land vacation and I was very young, so I don't really remember anything but the pink sand and beautiful water.

Have fun in your aft! Just know that if you are docked port side, the balcony will have sun all day!

Have a great cruise!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Cruisin...there's land both sides. Grand Bermuda is on the starboard side and Royal Navy Dockyard port side. So either way you are good.

Have a great cruise and please come back with a report!

Oops, my bad! I will still watch weekly however just out of curiosity. Anyway, I like to be gangplank side so I can watch the runners when we depart on Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just know that if you are docked port side, the balcony will have sun all day!

That might be ok as we're already assuming that we'll never get a deck chair ;) so we'll have to lie out on our balcony. Truthfully, it could dock sideways and I would be happy... been planning for over a year and I am so EXCITED!!!

Has anyone posted dailies from the first Bermuda run last week?

Yes! That too. I watched the Dawn leave yesterday but didn't notice any runners ;)

We have a port side balcony and are hoping for being docked port, but as long as I am vaca, on BA and in Bermuda, it won't be a big deal if we are docked starboard side :)

Have a wonderful cruise!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Yes! That too. I watched the Dawn leave yesterday but didn't notice any runners ;)

We have a port side balcony and are hoping for being docked port, but as long as I am vaca, on BA and in Bermuda, it won't be a big deal if we are docked starboard side :)

Have a wonderful cruise!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Ha ha, I was also looking for Pier runners...

The ship left on time, so I guess everyone was onboard :)