Does NCL Star have an adult's only pool area?

momofmeg

I like an adult's only area-does this ship have that? perhaps an extra fee T-pool?

There is a hot tub on deck 13 forward and there is also a spa aft on 11 where you can buy a spa pass.

Edited by herdingdogmom

They also usually reserve two of the four hot tubs around the pool for adults only.

I want an area where kdis are not allowed. Not a hot tub that says no one under 18 that kids still use. I don't mean an adult pool right next to the pool with a slide for families either like the Pearl had. I want a peaceful kid free spot. I paid my time being a young mother, been there done that, now I deserve a kid free area.

Does the spa have a T pool? That would be worth buying a pass. Any pool in the spa?

Other than the spa area that you have to pay extra for, there is no way you can find a quiet pool. Many years ago, cruises used to be considered an adult vacation, but not any more. The only way to find the peace and quiet that used to be pretty standard is cruise a high end line, cruise for a longer journey, and try to cruise when children will be in school. I've heard that Celebrity offers a few adult only sailings during the year.

I want an area where kdis are not allowed. Not a hot tub that says no one under 18 that kids still use. I don't mean an adult pool right next to the pool with a slide for families either like the Pearl had. I want a peaceful kid free spot. I paid my time being a young mother, been there done that, now I deserve a kid free area.

Does the spa have a T pool? That would be worth buying a pass. Any pool in the spa?

The area surrounding and forward of the Bier Garten--well out of view of the main pool and its waterslide--is designated as adults only. How well it is enforced I cannot tell you as the Star Transatlantic I sailed last year featured (A) virtually no kids, and (B) very windy weather so that high forward deck went pretty much unsued. I did wander up there a couple times to check the hot tub, which was not even lukewarm.

I went to the spa to inquire about a pass. Yes there is a T-pool, but I was generally unimpressed--and on a sailing featuring seven consecutive sea days in the middle of course the price was jacked up. YMMV.

Probably better to look at other cruise lines than NCL then.

The Star spa should give you exactly what you want.

edu8u7ad.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Probably better to look at other cruise lines than NCL then.

Lol! True, I prefer Celebrity and Princess, but I also like to switch around. The NCL Pearl was a very nice ship and I enhjoyed her very much. I also think ports are as important if not more so (in this case a north Europe cruise) than cruise line, and I like the ports the September 24, 2015 cruise offer and it the only cruise with those ports. Since the spa offers a pool at an extra fee I am okay. I just want a place to unwind.

We were on Celebrity Constellation a couple years back, a shorter Caribbean cruise, and their adult's only area was not enforced, so it can happen even on my preferred lines apparently. Children were supposedly allowed from 3 to 5 pm daily for "family time", but that was not enforced and they were there all the time. The worst age too, tweeneis, not older teens or little ones which I tolerate better as they usually behave better.

We bought the Spa Passes on our last two Star cruises and it definitely was the place to escape from the kids especially on a Christmas cruise. Not only do you the have pool, but you have multiple hot tubs, sauna and steam rooms (single sex area). The lounges in the back are a good place to read or stare out the windows and watch the sea behind the ship. One day we watched a pod of dolphins playing in the wake of the ship for over an hour. Plus, they have a juice, coffee and tea station in the area. Also, the spa has nice big showers... don't think we used the shower in our cabin all week.

Since they only sell a limited number of spa passes, you need to buy it early on the first day on the ship.

We bought the Spa Passes on our last two Star cruises and it definitely was the place to escape from the kids especially on a Christmas cruise. Not only do you the have pool, but you have multiple hot tubs, sauna and steam rooms (single sex area). The lounges in the back are a good place to read or stare out the windows and watch the sea behind the ship. One day we watched a pod of dolphins playing in the wake of the ship for over an hour. Plus, they have a juice, coffee and tea station in the area. Also, the spa has nice big showers... don't think we used the shower in our cabin all week.

Since they only sell a limited number of spa passes, you need to buy it early on the first day on the ship.

Thanks!

I don't think you'll be over run with children on a more than 7 day cruise in Europe towards the end of September. At least most American families will be taken out of the equation. Think of how much a family of 4 would spend simply on airfares.

I don't think you'll be over run with children on a more than 7 day cruise in Europe towards the end of September. At least most American families will be taken out of the equation. Think of how much a family of 4 would spend simply on airfares.

Do you think European tweenies are better behaved than American kids of that age? From what I have seen kids are pretty much the same. However, that is okay, I will pay for the passes if we do book this.

t-pool = Thermal pool :)

The reason I asked that was I knew the Pearl had that for an extra fee and it was adult's only. I thought perhaps only NCL ships with this feature had spa sanctuaries. It is not that I necessarily want one,just a private area and it is a bonus that is is also covered from the sun and in late September in northern Europe more important I guess that it is heated huh?

The reason I asked that was I knew the Pearl had that for an extra fee and it was adult's only. I thought perhaps only NCL ships with this feature had spa sanctuaries. It is not that I necessarily want one,just a private area and it is a bonus that is is also covered from the sun and in late September in northern Europe more important I guess that it is heated huh?

The pool in Mandara Spa is not a thermal pool (see http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/star/decks/2/11#tab_detail). It actually is a nice indoor lap pool. There are other features in the spa that make up the thermal suite in this private santuary.

The pool in Mandara Spa is not a thermal pool (see http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/star/decks/2/11#tab_detail). It actually is a nice indoor lap pool. There are other features in the spa that make up the thermal suite in this private santuary.

Yes, I understood, that is fine, I only asked that because that is what the Pearl had. I mainly wanted a place to chill minus kids. As it only takes a couple of rowdy kids on the slide to take away my peace.

I had a spa pass on the Dawn for a 16-night sailing from Quebec City to Tampa during Hurricane Sandy, :eek: and the pass was worth every penny! Besides the lap pool shown in the photo from an earlier post, there is also a hot tub similar to those out on the pool deck. Additionally, there is a thalassotherapy pool, which is like a hot tub, but one is meant to lay back on what I call the "basting rack." I would usually rotate amongst the three features.

I think I paid $199 for the 16-nights. Given that we had a lot of sea days on that sailing and the weather was poor for the first week, that spa made my cruise.

Something to think about: there is an awesome kids-only pool and play area on the Dawn-class ships, so that might siphon some of the chaos away from the main pool. Also, since they have the stadium decking for the loungers at the main pool, you could remove yourself somewhat from the chaos by choosing a lounger high up toward the Bier Garten. Cheers! :)

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

Yes, I understood, that is fine, I only asked that because that is what the Pearl had. I mainly wanted a place to chill minus kids. As it only takes a couple of rowdy kids on the slide to take away my peace.

Touché - it definitely is a quiet and peaceful sanctuary away from kids. We have used it on the Dawn Class (Star) and the Jewel Class (Pearl) and have enjoyed both, but prefer the Dawn setup in the back of the ship with the lap pool. We have a 13 day Panama Cruise later this year on the Star and I am flip-flopping if I want the thermal package for an extra $200+ per person.

Touché - it definitely is a quiet and peaceful sanctuary away from kids. We have used it on the Dawn Class (Star) and the Jewel Class (Pearl) and have enjoyed both, but prefer the Dawn setup in the back of the ship with the lap pool. We have a 13 day Panama Cruise later this year on the Star and I am flip-flopping if I want the thermal package for an extra $200+ per person.

Hey I will just book an inside cabin instead of a balcony and get my views here. I would rather spend my money here. To be honest since smoking is allowed on balconies I would only book an oceanview anyway. I am willing to give that up and go for an inside. That's a win-win situation huh?

Hey I will just book an inside cabin instead of a balcony and get my views here. I would rather spend my money here. To be honest since smoking is allowed on balconies I would only book an oceanview anyway. I am willing to give that up and go for an inside. That's a win-win situation huh?

If you can get one on deck 11, then it is a straight shot down the hall to the spa. We had cabin 11579 and practically lived in the spa... don't think we ever used the shower in our cabin since the larger ones in the spa were so close.

If you can get one on deck 11, then it is a straight shot down the hall to the spa. We had cabin 11579 and practically lived in the spa... don't think we ever used the shower in our cabin since the larger ones in the spa were so close.

I can dream lol! Even an inside is $1750 a person with tax-then there is the multi city European flight. For the Caribbean I like to go for better as it is more affordable. When I go further and it costs more, budget comes into the picture.

I doubt the price will go down either, as it is the ONLY cruise that does Norway, Ireland, and Scotland ports of ANY line for the whole season next year. It is basically a repositoning cruise before it heads back to the US. It starts at Copenhagen and ends at Dover. We also hope to spend a few days in England post cruise and also a couple in Copenhagen precruise so it will be lots of $$$ for this trip.