Port side balcony views on Oasis Western?

We were just upgraded, and I don't think we'll try to change, but is there much difference in views if you are on port side and not starboard? I was reading some reviews that seemed to be saying starboard was a lot better on Western Caribbean?

We did the Oasis (Western) last year and we were on the Starboard side (deck 12). We were facing the pier at every port of call. Being up that high also was nice in Falmouth and Cozumel, you could see forever.

Being that you were upgraded, just roll with it and enjoy your cruise.

We stayed port side on our western Allure cruise and had no issues. If there was something on the other side of the ship we wanted to see we would go to a higher deck or the "secret" balcony at the aft.

While it is sometimes nice to sit on your own balcony in port and see the view, there is a nice view on both sides of the ship. Besides there is no guarantee on which side the ship will be docked, although normally it is starboard for Oasis/Allure.

Brook,

I did Oasis Western last week on the port side.

In FLL I faced the ocean side, which is better in general and the better view if doing sail away from your deck.

In Cozumel, we faced the dock but there was another Royal ship on the other side, so the view was of another ship.

In Falmouth, I faced the ocean. I think this is better becasue they play music most of the day on the port side so if you're on your balcony and want some peace and quiet, you won't get it starboard.

In Labadee, we faced the ocean, but you still had a partial land view.

I think the upgrade will far outweigh any issues about the view.

Ultimately, the biggest threat to enjoyment of whatever view you have from your deck is inconsiderate neighbors, which I had on both sides of my cabin last week.

I hope that helps. Enjoy your cruise.