Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

I saw your post on Facebook about this too. That's a good catch, I hadn't even noticed its absence on the deck plans! I'm sure they will have it or at least a similar replacement, right? Unless they are going to go in a different direction like they did with Quantum-class and that "La Patisserie" place?

I didn't post on facebook but I saw it mentioned on facebook shortly after I posted on here.

There has to be a cafe promenade - I think it would be a big mistake to leave it out.

:eek::eek: Interesting!! That would be quite the climb. Do Oasis/Allure have similar railings up there??

Yes, they do, nothing significant about those railings at all...that structure ends up being a exhaust/ventilation shaft of some sort...:rolleyes:

oasis-flowrider-aerial.jpeg

Ahhhh, the golden years of cruising.

I only went out there once but they were still great.

In 2013 we booked the last oceanview balcony on the starboard side so we could have our own balcony and that one too. While I recommend watching the aqua theater show from the main floor first, its was great to see the show from the deck 12 vantage point.

Lloyd, you forgot to include the 10-story water slide in that picture. :)

As mentioned by someone in the Harmony Facebook group... because the RCI logo on the AquaTheater diving platform structure looks like a Transformer, it is believed that the structure will transform into the Abyss water slide. :D

77bdae1d988c721d02f95680b456f151.jpg

Loved the secret balconies as well. We spent time there, and also was able to watch the water shows from up there. It was like a private viewing area. We sailed on the Oasis and Allure in there inaugural seasons respectively, and not too many people knew of them yet.

As mentioned by someone in the Harmony Facebook group... because the RCI logo on the AquaTheater diving platform structure looks like a Transformer, it is believed that the structure will transform into the Abyss water slide. :D

77bdae1d988c721d02f95680b456f151.jpg

I'm curious how you have mentioned the "other" site and the post is still here. I only referred to it on another thread and was sent packing for three days!

Just booked a deck 12 (AS4) cabin on the Harmony for 2017. Since I'm "late to the game", I only found deck 12 and 14 availability - so I certainly won't enjoy the super large balcony area compared to lower levels.

I was attempting to compare the current (Grand Suite) cabins in that location on the Oasis with what might be in store for us on the Harmony - but must admit I'm confused, especially where the published size of these cabins and balconies are concerned (what's on the Royal website).

OASIS:

i-RGmgmck-M.jpg

Cabin = 323 sq. ft.

Balcony = 355 sq. ft.

----------------------------

HARMONY:

i-gQQj3Vj-M.jpg

Cabin = 652 sq. ft.

Balcony = 589 sq. ft.

Either I'm blind, or those numbers are WAY off base with what I'm seeing in the deck plans.

For those that have stayed in any of those aft cabins (be they Aqua Theater Suites or Grand Suites), is the ocean side of the balcony area a serene place during a sea day? Sometimes I like to lounge/nap out there, but would find it difficult if sounds from below are present.

THANKS,

Tom

Just booked a deck 12 (AS4) cabin on the Harmony for 2017. Since I'm "late to the game", I only found deck 12 and 14 availability - so I certainly won't enjoy the super large balcony area compared to lower levels.

I was attempting to compare the current (Grand Suite) cabins in that location on the Oasis with what might be in store for us on the Harmony - but must admit I'm confused, especially where the published size of these cabins and balconies are concerned (what's on the Royal website).

OASIS:

i-RGmgmck-M.jpg

Cabin = 323 sq. ft.

Balcony = 355 sq. ft.

HARMONY:

i-gQQj3Vj-M.jpg

Cabin = 652 sq. ft.

Balcony = 589 sq. ft.

Either I'm blind, or those numbers are WAY off base with what I'm seeing in the deck plans.

For those that have stayed in any of those aft cabins (be they Aqua Theater Suites or Grand Suites), is the ocean side of the balcony area a serene place during a sea day? Sometimes I like to lounge/nap out there, but would find it difficult if sounds from below are present.

THANKS,

Tom

Yea, I don't get it either. Someone mentioned that the upper deck aqua suites stuck out further than the ones on Oasis and Allure. Could be some unhappy folks if they don't meet those published sqft numbers. :eek:

Can't wait for that thread

Yea, I don't get it either. Someone mentioned that the upper deck aqua suites stuck out further than the ones on Oasis and Allure. Could be some unhappy folks if they don't meet those published sqft numbers. :eek:

Can't wait for that thread

No doubt!

On the Oasis, the area next to the deck 12 cabin is for the control area for the Aqua show, correct? I can see the entrance space in the deck plans. On the Harmony, it looks like that's cut off. Perhaps that access is now through the AS cabin - LOL !

Oh well... such is the mystery of new ships !

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

Good bye secret balcony. Had the one on deck 11 all to ourselves. It really was a big secret and we didn't tell. I'll miss this lovely balcony that was right next door to our cabin.

No doubt!

On the Oasis, the area next to the deck 12 cabin is for the control area for the Aqua show, correct? I can see the entrance space in the deck plans. On the Harmony, it looks like that's cut off. Perhaps that access is now through the AS cabin - LOL !

Oh well... such is the mystery of new ships !

Tom

12730 Oasis

1437844769990.jpg.5854c7c15605146bb068819461795e1c.jpg

1437844852967.jpg.f03e90070099cbde654583a8c40ca4d7.jpg

No doubt!

On the Oasis, the area next to the deck 12 cabin is for the control area for the Aqua show, correct? I can see the entrance space in the deck plans. On the Harmony, it looks like that's cut off.

They will enter the control room via the emergency exit from the Abyss. :D

Ask a bored nephew to stick a slide in an Oasis-class ship's Boardwalk and he comes up with this!

I go down a slide like THAT I may not exit it in one piece. :rolleyes:

eb7cf6835617cb71ccedd328d9e579e3.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Ask a bored nephew to stick a slide in an Oasis-class ship's Boardwalk and he comes up with this!

I go down a slide like THAT I may not exit it in one piece. :rolleyes:

eb7cf6835617cb71ccedd328d9e579e3.jpg

That reminds me of the staircase to dumbledore's office in the harry potter movies. maybe if you stand on the bottom and say "sherbet lemon" it'll rotate you to the top. see, now we know how you'll get to the *top* of the slide, at least. :D

Found these waterslide on you tube.

This one has a 70' drop. Imagine what a 10 story drop would look like. :eek:

The next link is to the "top ten" slides. I think the Harmony one could be like #10 with the splash guard at the landing area, and #9 for the drop zone. The splash guard might keep the water spray down on the boardwalk, which is sometimes slippery on a good day. The floor drop is good for the terror aspect. My personal favourite is #1.

http://youtu.be/pnwypR5jk1s

Edited by A&L_Ont