taking a bottle of wine onboard

donho757

2 bottles, 750ml, per cabin, in your carry on luggage. If you need a corkscrew, put it in checked luggage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be sure to carry them on board. DO NOT put them in your luggage!

Or you can put them in your luggage...just pack carefully. Either way is completely acceptable with Celebrity.

Woody

Or you can put them in your luggage...just pack carefully. Either way is completely acceptable with Celebrity.

Woody

Under "What not to pack", they state do not pack alcoholic beverages, they will be confiscated.

2 bottles of wine/cabin, are allowed on embarkation day

Better safe than sorry....not hard to carry on 2 bottles.

....not hard to carry on 2 bottles.

Hi,

While true that it may not be hard to carry on the 2 allowable bottles of wine...due to TSA regulations, sometimes the only way to get the 2 bottles to the port is to pack it in luggage...so without having to unpack and transfer it to a carry-on before boarding...it is appreciated by some of us that Celebrity allows the wine to be packed in luggage or carry-on...at embarkation !

Woody

Edited by rwr235

After the initial 2, can you bring more on from additional ports?

Technically no; in reality maybe. We have brought wine on board from various port stops fully understanding that it may be taken and stored for us until the night before disembarkation. In reality most often we are allowed to take it to our cabin. BUT, we were never counting on drinking it on board as we only purchase "special" bottles in ports with the intention of bringing them home.

After the initial 2, can you bring more on from additional ports?

Hi,

Except for certain "wine immersion" cruises...no...however, enforcement of that prohibition varies tremendously ! Sometimes it may be confiscated and held til the last day; sometimes they let you bring it on-board and/or nobody stops you; sometimes you might get it through, and the person behind you in line won't !!:D

edit :As answered above as I was typing !! :)

Woody

Edited by rwr235

Please don't harp on the written rules, but for a matter of convenience, wife and I both pack a 3 liter box wine(8 bottles) in luggage. No issue with breakage and never had it confiscated.

Just finished Equinox cruise to Portugal and Spain, and brought bottle on in every port with no issue.

I repeatedly see "you can bring on board two bottles of wine", but no description of the bottle size. WAVTAM says they each brought a 3 liter box (equal to 8 bottles). Does anyone know if there is a stated size limit to "the two bottles"?

I repeatedly see "you can bring on board two bottles of wine", but no description of the bottle size. WAVTAM says they each brought a 3 liter box (equal to 8 bottles). Does anyone know if there is a stated size limit to "the two bottles"?

Hi,

From the Celebrity website and literature:

Can I bring alcoholic beverages on board?

No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

As stated in previous responses...enforcement varies !!:D

Woody

Hi,

From the Celebrity website and literature:

Can I bring alcoholic beverages on board?

No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

As stated in previous responses...enforcement varies !!:D

Woody

Between, as stated box wines and using Rum Runners , with 98 cruises on all the major lines, we have yet to see the naughty room.

The irony is we our Elite(Princess/Celebrity) and RCL Diamond plus and get cocktails at the listed functions also.

Between, as stated box wines and using Rum Runners , with 98 cruises on all the major lines, we have yet to see the naughty room.

The irony is we our Elite(Princess/Celebrity) and RCL Diamond plus and get cocktails at the listed functions also.

Hi,

Not sure why you quoted me??:confused: But thanks for sharing !!

Enjoy

Woody

We have brought wine in our checked luggage, with no problems. Although, I've been told to expect a trip to the "naughty room", if the checked luggage screeners are ever unsure about what's in the bottles. And, even though we wrap the bottles in bubble wrap, I only pack white wine in our checked luggage. If something were to go wrong, I certainly wouldn't want to start my cruise with a bordeaux-colored wardrobe! :eek:

Edited by wwcruisers

If you need a corkscrew, put it in checked luggage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great advice! On our Equinox Cruise last spring, the rocket scientists running the Port Everglades embarkation screening confiscated my Pedrini waiter's corkscrew, because it had a 1-inch foil cutter on it. They wrote it up as a "folding knife". :rolleyes:

limited number of corkscrews available from your cabin steward.

Actually, when my corkscrew was confiscated at boarding, I asked our butler for one of the cheap plastic corkscrews, that X used to have in all their cabins. He told me that they couldn't give those out anymore, "for safety reasons". :rolleyes: At that point, my DH went to Guest Relations, and asked them just how we were supposed to open our two permitted bottles of wine, without a corkscrew? They made a phone call, and security returned my Pedrini corkscrew, the next day. :cool: