Flights from Sydney to Perth

Thanks again to all of the posters who provided some great tips and advice. From the advice I signed up for the alerts and I've been sent countless alert emails but the dates were not suitable until todays email from Virgin.

I managed to book 2 seats on an A332 @ AUD 185 each (including complimentary dining and 23kg baggage allowance) and an additional piece of luggage for AUD 35 as you can see from the prices quoted above amount to a saving of just under AUD 200. We will have 5 days in Sydney and now we are ready for a relaxing 5 days in Perth before joining the Solstice.

Many thanks again:)

Congratulations - great prices!

Hi Sydney / Melbourne is a high demand route ,Virgin or Qantas are good solid products ,be aware this is a long flight by Euro /UK standards so you may want to look at seat location if you want some legroom.It is unlikely prices will drop if at all .I fly to Perth for work and prices seem to be fairly stable and seats are always in demand

Hi all I'm hoping someone can give me some advice here.

My wife and I are coming from Scotland to do the Perth to Sydney Celebrity Solstice cruise in February 2015. Our international flights are booked however we are flying to Sydney to spend time with friends before we fly to Perth for the cruise. We haven't booked our Sydney to Perth flights yet (probably Quantas) but we've noticed that the prices are dearer then than they are just now. I'm not sure if I should wait till nearer the time to book but is the higher price due to the time of year or is it because it is so far ahead that prices haven't been reduced yet. Also is there an alternative carrier that you would recommend ie Virgin Australia. We have to take into consideration we will have in the region of 60kg of luggage between the 2 of us.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Don't forget the normal 3 hour time difference as well. So you leave at 7pm and arrive at 10pm. Coming back you leave at 3pm and arrive at 11pm.:D

Not sure if that's right Mic Leave at 7pm 5 hour flight less 3 hours time difference =9pm , at least that how it worked for us last time I think?

Not sure if that's right Mic Leave at 7pm 5 hour flight less 3 hours time difference =9pm , at least that how it worked for us last time I think?

Yes, that would be correct. i had forgotten that WA does not have Day Light saving, so that was why we got in at 10pm.:D

Hi all I'm hoping someone can give me some advice here.

My wife and I are coming from Scotland to do the Perth to Sydney Celebrity Solstice cruise in February 2015. Our international flights are booked however we are flying to Sydney to spend time with friends before we fly to Perth for the cruise. We haven't booked our Sydney to Perth flights yet (probably Quantas) but we've noticed that the prices are dearer then than they are just now. I'm not sure if I should wait till nearer the time to book but is the higher price due to the time of year or is it because it is so far ahead that prices haven't been reduced yet. Also is there an alternative carrier that you would recommend ie Virgin Australia. We have to take into consideration we will have in the region of 60kg of luggage between the 2 of us.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi just spotted your OP. Sounds like we'll be on the Solstice top end cruise together :). I posted on the roll call for our cruise yesterday - in summary Jetstar have a sale on now (google Jetstar sale). I booked Melbourne to Perth for $155 incl 20kg luggage and I think from Sydney it was +$10. Virgin Australia have a sale on too (from Melbourne it was $175) although I don't know how many kg's. Qantas have their price at $279.

Qantas a full service airline with everything included. I haven't flown Virgin for many years but last time I did you had to pay for food/drinks.

I fly Jetstar regularly and whilst they are a budget airline, their service and reliability has never let me down. They do charge fees foe food/drinks in flight and also for seat selection, paying by ccard etc. personally I don't pay to select a seat - I take what they offer or ask at checkin foe one that I prefer - normally get what I want for no fee.

You'll need to check with each of them re the additional luggage.

Generally about 6 months out is when fares drop.

You should also be aware that Qantas & Virgin have been in a price war for some time which has driven fares artificially low. Qantas (who has been struggling financially) announced last week that they will cease the price war. This will hurt their business clients first but will certainly flow on to all fares in time.

Given that you're from Scotland, we'll probably meet for a drink on board. Check out the roll call for this cruise... Lots going on.

Hi just spotted your OP. Sounds like we'll be on the Solstice top end cruise together :). I posted on the roll call for our cruise yesterday - in summary Jetstar have a sale on now (google Jetstar sale). I booked Melbourne to Perth for $155 incl 20kg luggage and I think from Sydney it was +$10. Virgin Australia have a sale on too (from Melbourne it was $175) although I don't know how many kg's. Qantas have their price at $279.

Qantas a full service airline with everything included. I haven't flown Virgin for many years but last time I did you had to pay for food/drinks.

I fly Jetstar regularly and whilst they are a budget airline, their service and reliability has never let me down. They do charge fees foe food/drinks in flight and also for seat selection, paying by ccard etc. personally I don't pay to select a seat - I take what they offer or ask at checkin foe one that I prefer - normally get what I want for no fee.

You should also be aware that Qantas & Virgin have been in a price war for some time which has driven fares artificially low. Qantas (who has been struggling financially) announced last week that they will cease the price war. This will hurt their business clients first but will certainly flow on to all fares in time.

Given that you're from Scotland, we'll probably meet for a drink on board. Check out the roll call for this cruise... Lots going on.

LOL, Possibly a bit presumptuous, but I am sure you are right.:D

Thanks again to all of the posters who provided some great tips and advice. From the advice I signed up for the alerts and I've been sent countless alert emails but the dates were not suitable until todays email from Virgin.

I managed to book 2 seats on an A332 @ AUD 185 each (including complimentary dining and 23kg baggage allowance) and an additional piece of luggage for AUD 35 as you can see from the prices quoted above amount to a saving of just under AUD 200. We will have 5 days in Sydney and now we are ready for a relaxing 5 days in Perth before joining the Solstice.

Many thanks again:)

Good work.

Virgin are going in very hard to gain market share from Qantas and have shook up their Fleet, product and service considerably, including the East/West connect flights. You should have a good flight. Enjoy your cruise. We'll be on her to soon.

LOL, Possibly a bit presumptuous, but I am sure you are right.:D

Presumptious, yes and as we have been fixtures in the Martini Bar on previous cruises it is not without foundation haha.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

Hi TA

I'll have a look at the roll call, it's not something we had considered before as I just assumed it was for friends who had regularly cruised together in the past.

Hi TA

I'll have a look at the roll call, it's not something we had considered before as I just assumed it was for friends who had regularly cruised together in the past.

There's been a bit of a muck up with this roll call. Many of the cruisers are doing the Fremantle to Sydney cruise as the second leg of a back to back with the Auckland to Fremantle cruise. So first there was two roll calls, then they were combined and then separated again. To make it a bit easier to find, here's a link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1995209&page=9

Go through the post at your leisure but if you go to the last page and post #168 by azsewqwik (who has been very busy organising things - she must have more time on her hand than I do) you'll find a few links to activities and catch ups etc.

Cheers

Rob