Currently on Adventure

PSU

If RCI says you are a D, it is legitimate. Not even sure what "legitimate" means. It implies NOT legitimate exists as well. You either are or you aren't. :confused:

Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

But no vouchers are to issued to any D's until they have achieved 80 points sailing with RCCL.

Not X Elite reciprocity.

Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

But no vouchers are to issued to any D's until they have achieved 80 points sailing with RCCL.

Not X Elite reciprocity.

If Royal Caribbean wants to give reciprocity at Diamond level to Elite Celeb members I am fine with that. I see no gain from splitting hairs over it. If RCI says you are D or get D perks, it should be consistent.

We are planning to try an X cruise over NCL in part because of the perks we get for going to a sister brand. If RCI wants to reduce or eliminate those perks I have less reason to try X and more reason to give money to a competing company.

If Royal Caribbean wants to give reciprocity at Diamond level to Elite Celeb members I am fine with that. I see no gain from splitting hairs over it. If RCI says you are D or get D perks, it should be consistent.

We are planning to try an X cruise over NCL in part because of the perks we get for going to a sister brand. If RCI wants to reduce or eliminate those perks I have less reason to try X and more reason to give money to a competing company.

Okay, I now see you select a cruise for it's perks, not for the wonderful ships and itineraries, plus the joy of meeting of potential new friends.

Enjoy your version of cruising.

Okay, I now see you select a cruise for it's perks, not for the wonderful ships and itineraries, plus the joy of meeting of potential new friends.

Enjoy your version of cruising.

Given two equal or similar itineraries and the opportunity to try a different cruise line I'd take the one that offers more perks. Same with hotels. Or Airlines.

I will make new friends on either cruise line, so that's kind of a stupid argument.

People who go on and on about perks and then say the perks don't matter are liars. You think you control the perks and want to chisel out all these various sub tiers. What do you care if the cruise line wants to give people equal perks for patronage to different companies. No skin off your back is it?

By the way, my wife became a "legitimate" diamond after her first cruise. Pretty cool. Thanks Royal Caribbean for your thanks for our money; that's why we've got a more in queue:cool:

Given two equal or similar itineraries and the opportunity to try a different cruise line I'd take the one that offers more perks. Same with hotels. Or Airlines.

I will make new friends on either cruise line, so that's kind of a stupid argument.

People who go on and on about perks and then say the perks don't matter are liars. You think you control the perks and want to chisel out all these various sub tiers. What do you care if the cruise line wants to give people equal perks for patronage to different companies. No skin off your back is it?

By the way, my wife became a "legitimate" diamond after her first cruise. Pretty cool. Thanks Royal Caribbean for your thanks for our money; that's why we've got a more in queue:cool:

What does your post have to do with Adventure of the seas? I don't understand your last few posts and especially the last sentence in this post.

Please don't brand people as liars. That is not polite.

I emailed using his email on day 3 of voyage and got a reply within 24 hours. This resulted in a meeting with the guest services manager by about day 6 of the trip. I was assured to have a response for some sort of consideration against the fare paid for our suite within 30 days of that meeting. So they still have a few days to respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

still no response to my email to his office. Peter, did I use the correct email for him ?

thanks

Jean

still no response to my email to his office. Peter, did I use the correct email for him ?

thanks

Jean

As far as I am aware yes.

email is a waste of time. you send them a certified letter where it has to be signed. you get confirmation that it is signed and delivered. it gets them everytime. how many emails do you think they get a day. and if you think the head of a major cruise line is answering emails from the public, good luck with that...you have to hit em hard, not with email
No need for sending a letter in the mail, email has worked fine for me. I have only had the need to email on 2 occasions (this being the latest whilst on board Adventure) and funnily enough the only other time was after our only other TA on Liberty in 2011.

On both occasions I've had a satisfactory outcome. Must be the way I word my emails.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondered if the OP was back, and if they had a review to share? Or any compasses? :D Cruising out on Indy in just over 2 weeks so desperate to hear how any of the Med cruises from Southampton have gone!!!

Just finished the Med on AOS. We had a great cruise. A couple of rainy days at sea and scattered showers in Lisbon but not enough to impact too much. Still road the Hop on Hop off bus around the city. The only rough sailing days was in and out of Southampton. Had some wind one night but not enough to impact ship. It did however cause all the interior public spaces crowed. Don't know what OP stands for so can not address that But We used a private tour co. for touring Rome. RomeCabs.com What a blessing that was. We shared a cab with 2 friends and it was cheaper than the ships tours and only 4 people instead of 50. We were able to put a big dent in Rome in a day. It was our first Med so everything was new to us.

Just thought I would inform everyone that lunch in the dining room on Adventure is a buffet instead of a la carte. I think that it is a result of cutbacks in staff. You have people with canes trying to balance a dish and the cane.

It is also affecting my time dining with a lot of confusion.

There are only 200 Americans on the ship, but the Brits who have sailed Adventure before are not happy with the cutbacks.

This is the 15-night sailing to the Central Med.

We had choice of the Tuti Salad which was great or you could order off the menu. I thought it was the best of both worlds

This is very disappointing news! I have been telling my husband all about the MDR lunches and how good they are and we are both really looking forward to it. We are sailing on Indy in about a month.

I do know that there are usually SOME buffet items out in the MDR during breakfast & lunch, so are you sure that there is absolutely no a la carte service? Please do keep us updated if you have a minute, or just let us know when you're off the ship.

I hope the whole cruise itself goes really well!! Enjoy!

We were on the same cruise and had choice for lunch of Tuti salad bar or order off the menu. Waiter staff were always asking if any disabled passenger needed and assistance with any of the buffets. However the Brits did not seem to happy about any of the new programs on this ship. Ive been on 30 cruises and never been on a bad one just some better than others. The cruise is what YOU make it.

I didn't think any of the balcony partitions could be opened on the first-generation Voyager class ships (Voyager, Explorer & Adventure) as the balconies are built into the hull of the ship, except perhaps aft balconies. On Navigator and Mariner balconies are not built into the hull, and some may be opened.

i am pretty sure that balconies on the Adventure cannot be opened unless you have a giant tin opener but I stand to be corrected by someone who has managed to open them :)

You are correct.:)

i am pretty sure that balconies on the Adventure cannot be opened unless you have a giant tin opener but I stand to be corrected by someone who has managed to open them :)

Right, missed the humor in your post prior to mine!!!

Just finished the Med on AOS. We had a great cruise. A couple of rainy days at sea and scattered showers in Lisbon but not enough to impact too much. Still road the Hop on Hop off bus around the city. The only rough sailing days was in and out of Southampton. Had some wind one night but not enough to impact ship. It did however cause all the interior public spaces crowed. Don't know what OP stands for so can not address that But We used a private tour co. for touring Rome. RomeCabs.com What a blessing that was. We shared a cab with 2 friends and it was cheaper than the ships tours and only 4 people instead of 50. We were able to put a big dent in Rome in a day. It was our first Med so everything was new to us.

Thanks for the brief review, very much appreciated.

OP stands for 'Original Poster', as in the person who first posted in this thread. Was hoping they might follow up on things as they have been very quiet for a while :)

This was my first time on Adventure, but I have been on many other RCI ships. This was not one of the better ones. The Brits who had been on the ship many times said that they could not believe how much things have been cut.

I agree a cruise is what you make it. It was fun and the ports were wonderful, but the cruise itself could have been better.

They only offered a la carte dining for lunch one or two sea days. I know because I spoke to many waiters and headwaiters. The British people tend to go to the dining room for lunch more than people on ships sailing from the U.S. And there were not enough staff.

Same way with room stewards. Our room never got cleaned until 11:30 a.m. or noon even though we had the clean our room card in the door from 8:30 a.m. There use to be an assistant for the room steward helping to clean the rooms, but no more.

On the other hand, our waiters, assistant waiters and head waiters at dinner were wonderful. Also the concierge Sucel Anderson was one of the best I have ever had.

The unlimited internet package ($160 with D plus discount) was great. I was able to check my work email with no trouble.

There weren't that many food options. The Café Promenade was mobbed every sea day and there were people sitting there all day. As a suite guest, I was able to order from the dining room menu in the room for breakfast and dinner.

This is the first cruise I went to the Windjammer for dinner. A few nights at the end of the cruise they had a stir fry made to order which was very good.

Part of the problem on this cruise was the weather since it was cool on the sea days. Therefore people were confined to the interior of the ship.

That is what made this cruise (15-nights) seem so long.

One of my favorite ports was Lisbon where we had a private tour with six people. It was fabulous. Also on our private tour in Villefrance, we went to Monaco, Monte Carlo and Nice. It was beautiful.

We were on an Adriatic cruise last May on Celebrity and I guess I was comparing the Adventure cruise to that one.

We were on the same cruise and had choice for lunch of Tuti salad bar or order off the menu. Waiter staff were always asking if any disabled passenger needed and assistance with any of the buffets. However the Brits did not seem to happy about any of the new programs on this ship. Ive been on 30 cruises and never been on a bad one just some better than others. The cruise is what YOU make it.