Currently on Adventure

PSU

Just thought I would inform everyone that lunch in the dining room on Adventure is a buffet instead of a la carte. I think that it is a result of cutbacks in staff. You have people with canes trying to balance a dish and the cane.

It is also affecting my time dining with a lot of confusion.

There are only 200 Americans on the ship, but the Brits who have sailed Adventure before are not happy with the cutbacks.

This is the 15-night sailing to the Central Med.

This is very disappointing news! I have been telling my husband all about the MDR lunches and how good they are and we are both really looking forward to it. We are sailing on Indy in about a month.

I do know that there are usually SOME buffet items out in the MDR during breakfast & lunch, so are you sure that there is absolutely no a la carte service? Please do keep us updated if you have a minute, or just let us know when you're off the ship.

I hope the whole cruise itself goes really well!! Enjoy!

Oh what a shame. We were on the 4 day cruise before yours and the sea day lunch was as normal with both the salad bar and menu. We also had a choice for breakfast in the MDR, deck 3 for buffet, deck 5 for a la carte.

Can you elaborate on the problem with my time dining?

Julie

I think it might be just on the Adventure. There is no a la carte at lunch in the dining room on sea days. We have people on this sailing that were on the TA and the 4-day before this and they can't believe it either.

We are in a suite and there is no suite breakfast either in a specialty restaurant as they is on other ships.

As for the My Time dining, we made reservations for every night months before online. But there was confusion when we got to the dining room, The hostesses told us we should go to the show first even though our reservation was for 7 p.m. and the second show was at 9 p.m. (There was a show at 7 p.m.). She said there was no guarantee that we could get out of the dining room in 2 hours since we had to sit at a large table.

I have never experienced this with MTD on other ships. Other ships have been very accommodating.

No Bistro?!?!?! That's so sad to hear..... are the buffet items the usual cold selection or have they introduced a hot choice? With so many sea days involved this could get boring...... I sailed on Adventure on the TA back in November.....

In what way is it affecting MTD?

The a la carte breakfast area for Suite guests Diamond + and Pinnacles on the TA was on deck 5 in the Mozart dining room. It was excellent, far better than having to go to what was Portofino on deck 11 which is now Giovanni's table. However, if you are referring to the ability to choose your breakfast items from the Windjammer but go to a speciality restaurant to sit, like Chops or Giovanni's on other ships where the entrance to these restaurants are adjacent to the Windjammer, then no, that's not possible on Adventure.

Service was excellent, and the staff extremely accommodating for the size of table you requested, be that a table for 2 or to share a larger one. Never had to wait.

As for MTD, again this was on deck 5 and the hostesses were the best we've ever had I think. Most days we ate with friends who had a standing reservation for 8:45 pm whereas ours was for 8:30 pm, all booked many months in advance. We'd turn up somewhere between 8:30 pm and 8:45 pm if there were the 4 of us, and we'd be seated within minutes. If just the 2 of us turned up at 8:30 pm, again no problem and we'd be seated at a table for 2 in minutes.

As for lunch, we only used the MDR once in the whole 14 nights and that was after our "All Access Tour" and this lunch was definitely table service for all guests in the dining room.

Edited by peteukmcr

I think the breakfast must have changed on our 4 day cruise. On the first day the deck 5 breakfast was advertised in the compass as diamond and up and suites(it was also listed as this on the diamond amenities letter in the cabin). We did go but found they were letting all passengers in and it was just like the normal dining room. We didn't think the service was very good so we never went back, but we noticed that on later days it was just listed in the compass as a general breakfast.

I did hear one of the suite passengers complaining that they could not eat in Giovannis. Hopefully if enough people complain they will sort this out.

Can you do me a favor? Can you find out if there are any balconies that have partisions that can be opened between balconies. thanks!!!

Unfortunately, no balconies on Adventure have dividers that can be opened.

I am talking about the cooked-to-order breakfast for suite guests in a specialty restaurant that is on every other RC ship.

Also there were long lines for my time when we arrived last night. We had reservations and there was no line for reservations. We ended up going to the Windjammer.

As for the Deck 5 a la carte breakfast that is for everyone now.

There are people that were on the TA and the four-day and say things have changed a lot (for the worse).

You can see the cuts in staff everywhere,

I am looking forward for our trip on the Quantum in Nov.

The a la carte breakfast area for Suite guests Diamond + and Pinnacles on the TA was on deck 5 in the Mozart dining room. It was excellent, far better than having to go to what was Portofino on deck 11 which is now Giovanni's table. However, if you are referring to the ability to choose your breakfast items from the Windjammer but go to a specialty restaurant to sit, like Chops or Giovanni's on other ships where the entrance to these restaurants are adjacent to the Windjammer, then no, that's not possible on Adventure.

Service was excellent, and the staff extremely accommodating for the size of table you requested, be that a table for 2 or to share a larger one. Never had to wait.

As for MTD, again this was on deck 5 and the hostesses were the best we've ever had I think. Most days we ate with friends who had a standing reservation for 8:45 pm whereas ours was for 8:30 pm, all booked many months in advance. We'd turn up somewhere between 8:30 pm and 8:45 pm if there were the 4 of us, and we'd be seated within minutes. If just the 2 of us turned up at 8:30 pm, again no problem and we'd be seated at a table for 2 in minutes.

As for lunch, we only used the MDR once in the whole 14 nights and that was after our "All Access Tour" and this lunch was definitely table service for all guests in the dining room.

Oh dear, more evidence that the previous management are missed. New brooms sweeping too cleanly leaving nothing!

On the 25 nights that we just did I went to the MDR on deck 5 once for breakfast for the eggs benedict, I went to lunch twice fof the C&A perk ' meal with an officer ', all other meals were Windjammer or MTD . No issues at all other than the eggs benedict were cold:(

Oh dear, more evidence that the previous management are missed. New brooms sweeping too cleanly leaving nothing!

On the 25 nights that we just did I went to the MDR on deck 5 once for breakfast for the eggs benedict, I went to lunch twice fof the C&A perk ' meal with an officer ', all other meals were Windjammer or MTD . No issues at all other than the eggs benedict were cold:(

When you say 'previous management are missed' what do you mean please?

Just had a thought -- PSU, is there any chance you might save your Compasses from your cruise, and either take a photo of each to share with us or scan them in?

It would be super helpful. I know I'm sailing on Independence but I haven't seen the 2014's longer Mediterranean cruise Compasses because, of course, this is the first one!

Hope the food situation has gotten better!

When you say 'previous management are missed' what do you mean please?

The first time we sailed on Adventure there were flowers in the cabin plus a lovely display of fresh fruit. A bottle of wine from the Hotel director with a HAND written note welcoming us onboard. We were travelling in a Promenade cabin at the time and there were a handful of top tier C& A guests. It was the first time that had ever happened to us an enough to make us say "wow!".

Every sailing on her after that was special in some way due to the management on board meaning Angel ( Restaurant operations) , Joni ( Food and Beverage) and Christos ( HD).

All have moved on now.

We have friends on the current sailing , I am eager to hear their thoughts.

Hi all, , I apologize if this was already asked. Now that Giovanni's is on the adventure does it mean that suite guests can have breakfast and dinner there?

Sent from my QMV7A using Forums mobile app

Sorry but the answer is no.

Giovanni's is an upcharge restaurant at lunchtime and I know one of the complaints was the loss of Portofinos for breakfast for gold card holders so assume it was not used for breakfast.

. Deck 5 was used for the Diamond and above breakfast.

I asked the Hotel director last year what alternative arrangements were going to be made for

Suite guests after the drydock and he didn't have an answer. If I had paid for a suite I would have been upset.

Since breakfast and lunch (from the WJ) in a specialty restuarant on all Voyager class ships is listed as a suite perk on RCI's website, I would be meeting with the Hotel director on board ( or food and beverage mgr.) to inquire why this is not being offered. And if it were not corrected during the voyage, I would be contacting higher managment after the cruise. Denying a published benefit is not acceptable. I experienced denial of the free luggage valet a couple of years ago. Contacted Goldstien's office about training needed in that area, got a call back with thanks for notification of problem and insistance on giving some OBC, which I didn't expect or ask for. It was clearly a training issue that needed to be addresses.

I am getting more disappointed as I read this. We booked a suite, our first, on adventure for Southern Caribbean in February 2016. We can't use the valet luggage, we can't use specialty dining, where are all the perks for being in a suite? Believe me if we weren't traveling with another couple I would cancel this cruise and go on Allure.

Let's get vocal about this and see if RCI is willing to do something about it!

Edited by silver_cloud

If I planned to cruise on the Adventure in a suite, I would be very upset about this. The specialty restaurant perk is my favorite -- it's even more important to me & my DH than the Concierge Lounge. I think having an available separate eating area really helps make a big ship seem smaller, quieter, and less crowded.

I am talking about the cooked-to-order breakfast for suite guests in a specialty restaurant that is on every other RC ship.

Also there were long lines for my time when we arrived last night. We had reservations and there was no line for reservations. We ended up going to the Windjammer.

As for the Deck 5 a la carte breakfast that is for everyone now.

There are people that were on the TA and the four-day and say things have changed a lot (for the worse).

You can see the cuts in staff everywhere,

I am looking forward for our trip on the Quantum in Nov.

And I was talking about al a carte breakfast, just so happened it was in the Mozart dining room on deck 5. Sorry to read things have apparently changed.

Shame about the eggs Benedict, must have been the one 'off' day because in 14 days in the TA they were excellent, either in the MDR or when served in cabin as was possible as suite guests.

The first time we sailed on Adventure there were flowers in the cabin plus a lovely display of fresh fruit. A bottle of wine from the Hotel director with a HAND written note welcoming us onboard. We were travelling in a Promenade cabin at the time and there were a handful of top tier C& A guests. It was the first time that had ever happened to us an enough to make us say "wow!".

Every sailing on her after that was special in some way due to the management on board meaning Angel ( Restaurant operations) , Joni ( Food and Beverage) and Christos ( HD).

All have moved on now.

We have friends on the current sailing , I am eager to hear their thoughts.

Come on Heather, be reasonable, you're Pinnacle status, so the treatment you receive isn't going to be the same as others who are not in your position. Nobody in a promenade cabin is going to receive flowers etc unless of your C&A status. Even I know as a suite guest that the most I was going to get was fresh fruit and water. Giving the impression that the management team on Adventure did this for all guests is a little misleading.
I am getting more disappointed as I read this. We booked a suite, our first, on adventure for Southern Caribbean in February 2016. We can't use the valet luggage, we can't use specialty dining, where are all the perks for being in a suite? Believe me if we weren't traveling with another couple I would cancel this cruise and go on Allure.

Let's get vocal about this and see if RCI is willing to do something about it!

Sorry, that you appear disappointed in the perks being offered as a suite guest. However, my view is that you still get a great deal of perks as a suite guest and if the ability to take food from the Windjammer (buffet type food, pre cooked and laid out for awhile) to sit in another area is a deal breaker, then don't book a suite. You can still use speciality dining, just as everyone else, that's why is called speciality dining you pay extra for the food provided in that venue, not just the ability to take food from elsewhere into the room to consume it.

If I planned to cruise on the Adventure in a suite, I would be very upset about this. The specialty restaurant perk is my favorite -- it's even more important to me & my DH than the Concierge Lounge. I think having an available separate eating area really helps make a big ship seem smaller, quieter, and less crowded.
All I can say is, thank goodness that the speciality restaurant perk is more important to you than the concierge lounge when booking a suite, because I can't honestly understand why anyone would want to visit a "cupboard" with no natural light like I experienced (well not experienced really due to too many non-suite guests camping out all night in the venue so I couldn't get in unless I wanted to stand to enjoy my G&T) as a suite guest on Adventure recently.

I had a meeting with the Guest Services manager over this topic alone and requested compensation over not having the services available to a suite guest of comfortable access to the concierge lounge due to the number of the non suite guests monopolising the venue.

Sorry, that you appear disappointed in the perks being offered as a suite guest. However, my view is that you still get a great deal of perks as a suite guest and if the ability to take food from the Windjammer (buffet type food, pre cooked and laid out for awhile) to sit in another area is a deal breaker, then don't book a suite. You can still use speciality dining, just as everyone else, that's why is called speciality dining you pay extra for the food provided in that venue, not just the ability to take food from elsewhere into the room to consume it.

In my experiences, the suite breakfast has been cooked to order, and many ships are starting to offer a limited lunch menu on sea days as well. I think it would be a great benefit to the passengers if the offerings were standardized across the fleet, or at least within a class of ships. I would get on Adventure expecting that perk because I've had it on other ships in the class and it's in the RCI description.

Edited by Cindy