Allure - Babysitting 6 month old infant?

Hi all! I will be sailing with my 6 mo. old on the Allure in June. I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the in-cabin babysitting. In your experience, how strict is the Allure on the 1 yr. minimum age? Any tips on where/how to find babysitting?

I understand that there is a nursery, but they seem to have limited evening/night hours. Does anyone know when they close?

(I'm a newbie here, but have definitely searched and read the threads out there on this topic. Haven't found anything on point and the few that discuss this are a little old, but if there are ones you want to point me to, please feel free.)

Edited by CrispyDuck

They are VERY strict about ages as its an insurance/liability thing. Not sure about the nursery times but I know if they are busy each person is limited in how many hours they may book.

I have heard that the nursery option is better than in-room sitting. I know the hours vary from ship to ship, but I thought the nursery was open until at least midnight on the ships that have them.

I know you're going on the Allure, but here is an example from Enchantment-

Day 1: Port Canaveral

Noon-3:00 pm - Registration and open house

4:30-6:30 pm - Registration and open house

7:30-midnight - Nursery open

Day 2: Nassau

9:00am - 1:00 pm - open free play

noon - midnight- nursery service

Day 3 : CocoCay

9:00 am - 1:00 pm - nursery service

1:15-4:45 pm- open free play

5:00 pm - midnight - nursery service

We'll be using the nursery next weekend on Enchantment, that's why I have the specific info :)

Edited by smileyperry

They are VERY strict about ages as its an insurance/liability thing. Not sure about the nursery times but I know if they are busy each person is limited in how many hours they may book.

That was my assumption, but I was hoping they'd leave it up to individual crew members to decide.

I have heard that the nursery option is better than in-room sitting. I know the hours vary from ship to ship, but I thought the nursery was open until at least midnight on the ships that have them.

I know you're going on the Allure, but here is an example from Enchantment-

Day 1: Port Canaveral

Noon-3:00 pm - Registration and open house

4:30-6:30 pm - Registration and open house

7:30-midnight - Nursery open

Day 2: Nassau

9:00am - 1:00 pm - open free play

noon - midnight- nursery service

Day 3 : CocoCay

9:00 am - 1:00 pm - nursery service

1:15-4:45 pm- open free play

5:00 pm - midnight - nursery service

We'll be using the nursery next weekend on Enchantment, that's why I have the specific info :)

Thanks for the specifics. It's good to know the way they break down the day into segments.

That was my assumption, but I was hoping they'd leave it up to individual crew members to decide.

the crew member is not the one who will be liable if things go south. and they WILL be fired for any little infraction/breaking of stated policy.

on the spot.

They will not allow an in-room babysitter for a 6 month old. I have used the nursery on the Allure and the Oasis for my infant. There are several post with tips regarding the Oaisis/Allure nursery under special topic:s Family Cruising.

As soon as you get on the ship, go to the nursery to book your hours for the week. You initially have 15-20 hours to book for the nursery. By the 2nd day they open up the rest of the week for additional hours if there are some available. The hours were from 9am-midnight. $6/hr for daytime and $8/hr for evening.

Ask for the fischer-price lend a toy bag.

You can take your stroller to the nursery and they will put your baby to sleep in the stroller if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They will not allow an in-room babysitter for a 6 month old. I have used the nursery on the Allure and the Oasis for my infant. There are several post with tips regarding the Oaisis/Allure nursery under special topic:s Family Cruising.

As soon as you get on the ship, go to the nursery to book your hours for the week. You initially have 15-20 hours to book for the nursery. By the 2nd day they open up the rest of the week for additional hours if there are some available. The hours were from 9am-midnight. $6/hr for daytime and $8/hr for evening.

Ask for the fischer-price lend a toy bag.

You can take your stroller to the nursery and they will put your baby to sleep in the stroller if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the tips. I have read the boards and seen people mention that the nursery is until 12AM, but I thought it may have been old info. For some reason, when I spoke with a RCI booking agent they mentioned 10PM as the close. I hope they're wrong otherwise we'll have to try and switch to the early seating or MTD.