RIP Lorraine Artz

Cruisin' Grandma

Does anyone know her final talley of days at sea with Princess?

I just found someone's blog from 2009 where it is listed that she had over 5,400 days at sea as of 2009

:eek:

She sounded like a very special lady

Edited by 4cats4me

She was our neighbor on the cruise we did on the Amazon on the R class Royal. Very nice woman, but I know she said at the time that she was starting to have problems putting up with the cruises in the hotter locations. What really amazed me was when we stopped in St Maarten next to the Emerald, I spent the day just kinda watching passengers on the pier from the promenade, and when she got off the ship it was really impressive to see just how many crew came over from the Emerald to say hi to her. Took her a while before she could get down the pier as a result :). I'm guessing there's quite a few crew that will be missing her.

We are sad we never got to sail with her, but heard many great things about her over the years. Hopefully she is now cruising in heaven :)

It's just that embarkation is such a pain ...

I met her once, very gracious lady. RIP.

Edited by Wehwalt

Does anyone know her final talley of days at sea with Princess?

I just found someone's blog from 2009 where it is listed that she had over 5,400 days at sea as of 2009

The 5400 was an estimate.

I don't know the final number, but according to Princess on 12/3/2009

"Our most traveled passenger, Lorraine Arzt, is celebrating 5,000 days with Princess."

We've been cruising a while. So when we board we bring a family picture album of the crew. Everyone loves them because it's like seeing family when they were "kids". I'm talking to the room steward manager and she finds one and says "oh - he is now Lorraine Artz's room steward! Good for him! Known him since the 1980s. A real cutie pie.

We sailed with her just one time, on the Sea Princess in 2005. I was expecting a little old grey-haired lady hunched over a cane, which she definitely was not. We had a few chances to talk with her that cruise, and I remember her smiley demeanor and her infatuation with cruising. Some most traveled passengers seem bored and perpetually dissatisfied; she certainly wasn't. I'm glad Princess honored her with a godmother-ship before she passed.

Very sad to hear Lorraine has passed. We were lucky enough to sail on the Royal which she called home a few times (4) and even had a state room next to her on one cruise. She had the most amazing and funny stories and it was a joy to hear them.

You will be missed Lorraine.

What as inspiration she was just to hear her stories. We were fortunate to cruise with her on the ship she was christened the Godmother of back in October 2010 on the Royal Princess back in October 2010. She enjoyed residing at sea. She truly was royalty to be the godmother of the ship. RIP . I truly hope they Posthumustly christen you god mother of another Princess ship.

Those of us that had the pleasure of meeting and cruising her know of her love of her husband and the love of being at sea. She was and will always be a true ambassador for Princess and the joy of cruising.

A true lady and now at rest with her husband, hopefully continuing their voyage together again. The ocean has lost a true friend. She will be missed, but not in our hearts.

On the final cruise of the Royal Princess in 2005, I heard her at the pursers desk saying that she was sad to be leaving the ship for the last time and having to move to another. She was recognized at one of the celebrations. RIP.

• 4 weeks later...
Someone on Facebook posted a link to a blog obit about her and was very impressed' date=' especially after reading many of your comments about how nice she was in person. [/quote']

A truly wonderful lady. We sailed with her a few times on 'her' Royal Princess. She was always willing to chat before dinner and could usually be seen playing a favourite slot machine or at the roulette table, after dinner. Rest in Peace, Lorraine.

ps - does anyone have a link to her obituary?

Thanks for posting the articles, she was truly someone who loved to cruise. RIP.