Clothing for Iceland in July

I've been there in June and August. Seen lows of low 40s in the higher elevations, seen a high of the low 70's.

Bring layers. Conditions can change rapidly. 50 can become 65 when the clouds go away, then rain can come 2 hours later.

Akureiry can be very cold, even in August. The last time we were there, the temperature was 2° celsius. Everybody was frozen and the guide told us " now we'll take a good cup of hot coffee", we were very happy to, but the (almost!) hot coffee was served......outside because it was summer! So, take some warm clothes...in case.

Enjoy your cruise.

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Forums

I believe the temps will be in the 50's---like spring in Michigan. What about rain? I am thinking I should pack like when we went to Alaska. Any thoughts or suggestions?

If you believe that, you'll believe anything. ;) I'd suggest 45 to 70 is the likely range of possibles, though it could be outside that.

PS - I don't know about Spring in Michigan, but Spring in Wisconsin is mid-70's. At least, it was in Green Bay last week. Is Michigan different, or do they have weather that alters as well?

If you believe that, you'll believe anything. ;) I'd suggest 45 to 70 is the likely range of possibles, though it could be outside that.

PS - I don't know about Spring in Michigan, but Spring in Wisconsin is mid-70's. At least, it was in Green Bay last week. Is Michigan different, or do they have weather that alters as well?

Thanks to all for the responses. Michigan weather varies and people joke about it. Spring begins March 20-- 40's. April is in the 50's and May the 60's. Tonight, we are getting into the 30's. If we see 70's before June, we are thrilled. Yes, it happens but not typical.

I have a feeling Iceland will be colder than Alaska. At any rate---45-70 does sound like Spring in Michigan. Even with the rain!