Upgrade classic to premium refund

caladezi

I will not be sailing until November 2014 but I know that I want to upgrade my drink package before my sail date. My question is if I upgrade and pay now is that money refundable in the event that I have to cancel the cruise?

Another, related, question.

I've seen some suggestions on here (:( ) that Celebrity will raise the price of the upgrade to premium from the current $11.50/pp/pd.

If we add it to our reservation now will that lock in the $11.50?

I know this is just opinion and that Celebrity can do anything they want ........

In the past, Celebrity has honored the price paid and not charged additional.

Except that we won't really "pay" until November.

As of now it goes on your reservation as an upgrade that is really paid with final payment on the cruise.

Hence the question.

Except that we won't really "pay" until November.

As of now it goes on your reservation as an upgrade that is really paid with final payment on the cruise.

Hence the question.

I've booked the $11.50/day upgrade online at the X website, just like prebooking excursions and specialty restaurants in advance. They charge my credit card that day and time at the current selling price. It isn't billed at final payment, it's immediately billed.

Some cruises I haven't been able to find it online, so have to call X and they do it on the phone. If booked direct with X it should be a simple matter, if thru a TA, you may need to have them do it, though sometimes I've been able to book these cruise enhancements without my TA's assistance.

I've booked the $11.50/day upgrade online at the X website, just like prebooking excursions and specialty restaurants in advance. They charge my credit card that day and time at the current selling price. It isn't billed at final payment, it's immediately billed.

Some cruises I haven't been able to find it online, so have to call X and they do it on the phone. If booked direct with X it should be a simple matter, if thru a TA, you may need to have them do it, though sometimes I've been able to book these cruise enhancements without my TA's assistance.

It is treated as a seperate charge to protect you. You will not be able to board until the fianl payment is made and paid in full. They cannot deny you boarding if extras are not paid in full. That is what I was told by a TA. It is the same for on board charges. You will not be able to leave the ship until those expenses are paid.

I wouldn't worry about any increases. Pay the upgrade when on board. It will eliminate a lot of problems. 2 times I upgraded prior to the cruise and both times I had to go to Customer Relations and get it authorized becasue it wasn't showing that I had paid for it.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Upgrade of drinks package doesn't seem to be an option on the UK web site.

Then call the Celebrity "Cruise Enhancements" department. As I said, sometimes it's there sometimes its not. It may also be deadline driven, like it won't show up as an option online until so many days prior to cruise (I tend to book most after final payment). But if you read any of the 123 promo offers small print, it states clearly you can call to upgrade.

Knowing how prices just raised everywhere recently, I'd certainly be locking down the upgrade now if I want it knowing that is one fee that has yet to have experienced an increase at all. If you cancel later, it's fully refundable as are almost all (if not ALL) other cruise enhancements.

There's no harm in advancing it at all, yet there's the possibility the price will change by the time the ship sails.

That's my advice and experience anyway.

I upgraded by calling, but I did not see where it could be done on line. I booked via a TA and the Classic Package never showed up on my on line reservation.

O.P., I am not that concerned. The terms listed on the 123 Promo clearly states it can be upgraded for $10 per day per person $11.50) and it does not say that the amount is subject to change. When Celebrity increased the costs of the packages last year the upgrade amount stayed the same.

You need to phone celebrity to upgrade the promotional classic package to premium in uk... I did it back in Feb just before the price increase

I've been chipping away at our Nov cruise, I upgraded to the Premium package & I received a separate receipt for that immediately that it was paid in full, in the last couple of months I pre-paid for the 5 specialty dining package and then the gratuities, same thing, separate receipt emailed to me that they were paid in full. If you do it that way you get a separate paid in full email for each item, no chances of paying more if they raise the prices in the future.

Edited by ABC Cruisers