EZ Air and problems??

jkw2765

I have a reservation and flights booked with the refundable EZ air with Delta in November traveling from LAX to Sydney. In reading many posts on the Cruise Air forum, I am getting nervous about keeping this reservation for flights. I figured I should pose the question on the Princess forum, since it is with EZ Air, and see what the reaction is. They are both non-stop flights. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!:confused:

The only potential problem that I see is if there is a schedule change. Since you flights are non-stop you should be okay. If there is a schedule change you can't live with generally the airline will accommodate you.

I have a reservation and flights booked with the refundable EZ air with Delta in November traveling from LAX to Sydney. In reading many posts on the Cruise Air forum, I am getting nervous about keeping this reservation for flights. I figured I should pose the question on the Princess forum, since it is with EZ Air, and see what the reaction is. They are both non-stop flights. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!:confused:

What is making you nervous?

What is making me nervous is reading all the issues others have had when buying air through the cruise line. This is the first time we are doing this. There are issues with flights being cancelled and the cruise line not assisting, issues with what exactly is covered if a flight is cancelled, etc. one poster said his flight was cancelled and they flew him to the first port 3 days later. Overall, i guess the cruise line or airline not being there to assist if any problems arise. Others stating that the rules are not always listed and you won't know unless you have a problem. Being that they purchase wholesale flights it is not the same as purchasing the flight directly with the airline. I hope that is a little more clear on my concerns. Thanks for your input!

What is making me nervous is reading all the issues others have had when buying air through the cruise line. This is the first time we are doing this. There are issues with flights being cancelled and the cruise line not assisting, issues with what exactly is covered if a flight is cancelled, etc. one poster said his flight was cancelled and they flew him to the first port 3 days later. Overall, i guess the cruise line or airline not being there to assist if any problems arise. Others stating that the rules are not always listed and you won't know unless you have a problem. Being that they purchase wholesale flights it is not the same as purchasing the flight directly with the airline. I hope that is a little more clear on my concerns. Thanks for your input!

Well it was a leigtimate question, details always help.

Buying cruise line air is the same as buying air from a consolidator-you pay your money and take your chances. I have used consolidators for the past 4 Transatlantics without a problem. There are some very knowledgeable people on the cruise air board who do not like consolidators and scare everyone away. But I just can't afford to pay the regular fares. Have a backup plan and trip insurance. Do your homework and know what other flights will get you there if things go sideways, but I wouldn't expect that on a non-stop. Most of all-relax!

Buying cruise line air is the same as buying air from a consolidator-you pay your money and take your chances. I have used consolidators for the past 4 Transatlantics without a problem. There are some very knowledgeable people on the cruise air board who do not like consolidators and scare everyone away. But I just can't afford to pay the regular fares. Have a backup plan and trip insurance. Do your homework and know what other flights will get you there if things go sideways, but I wouldn't expect that on a non-stop. Most of all-relax!

Thanks for the reply! There are 2 other non-stops on the same day with either Delta or Virgin Australia, who they code share with, so that puts me somewhat at ease. We have platinum coverage with Princess as well. We also are going to upgrade and pay for the "Economy Comfort" seating on Delta. The situations I have read where they take seats away and split families up, there are not too many seats in Economy Comfort so not that big of a deal there.

Hopefully, all will go as planned! Thanks again for the input!

:)

Thanks for the reply! There are 2 other non-stops on the same day with either Delta or Virgin Australia, who they code share with, so that puts me somewhat at ease. We have platinum coverage with Princess as well. We also are going to upgrade and pay for the "Economy Comfort" seating on Delta. The situations I have read where they take seats away and split families up, there are not too many seats in Economy Comfort so not that big of a deal there.

Hopefully, all will go as planned! Thanks again for the input!

:)

I can tell you that we have used EZ Air twice the last two years on TA's and the price was great and we had no problems with our flights at all. We too are doing a cruise in the NZ and OZ area but in February. We got a great deal on EZ Air; PHX to HNL then on to AUK. Return from SYD to HNL and then back to PHX for $954 per person. This is on Hawaiian and they let us assign seats immediately. I think you will find the prices and ease of travel hard to beat.

Enjoy your cruise

Cheers, Kenn

You should be no more concerned that if you had booked the same flights directly with the airline.

What using EZAir does is gets you help to another port if the airline is unable to get you to your cruise in time. Without EZAir, the airline is unlikely to help you get to another port.

When we used EZ Air we received a confirmation number from EZ Air which was not the same as the airline confirmation no. Even though we had the flex option we paid up front for the air. We then called the airline directly provided them with the EZ air number and the airline provided us with their booking no. With that we went directly into the airline site, selected our seats, and monitored any schedule changes. However, if you didn't pay the airfare yet the airline may not know about you. In the past Princess used this website:

virtuallythere.com The password was Princess. If they still do check your flights there to see what Princess has done. Hope this helps

Good Afternoon,

I recently booked flights with the EZ Air flexible option, but cancelled due to an issue with an economy comfort upgrade. Delta would not allow us to purchase the economy comfort upgrades nor could Princess do this for us for the EZ Air tickets.

Delta explained that Princess places a reservation but the tickets had not yet been ticketed, i.e., paid for yet by Princess. Princess told me the flights would not be ticketed for several weeks.

As there were only a few economy comfort seats available at that point for a flight over three months in advance, we chose to cancel the EZ Air and purchase directly with Delta. We purchased on 3/10 for a 6/20 flight and got the last two econ. comfort seats for our eastbound TA.

Princess made a prompt refund and we are set to go. Hope this helps, Steve

W5KAP,

Wow, you got an excellent price for NZ/AUS with ez air. We did that same flight on Hawaiian this past winter, with our staring point in SF. We booked directly with Hawaiian and paid a lot more! We are going to Alaska next June and only need a flight from the SF area to Seattle, but I will definitely check EZ air.

its the airlines that change or cancel flights and you'd run that risk booking direct or with ezair. I usually use ezair as the price is often better. my ship was late getting into port once and princess took care of rebooking flights for us. the people with their own air arrangements were scrambling to contact ta's and airlines using limited internet minutes.

When we used EZ Air we received a confirmation number from EZ Air which was not the same as the airline confirmation no. Even though we had the flex option we paid up front for the air. We then called the airline directly provided them with the EZ air number and the airline provided us with their booking no. With that we went directly into the airline site, selected our seats, and monitored any schedule changes. However, if you didn't pay the airfare yet the airline may not know about you. In the past Princess used this website:

virtuallythere.com The password was Princess. If they still do check your flights there to see what Princess has done. Hope this helps

Now you can pick the seats right on the Princess EZ Air site. I haven't paid for my newest flight yet but the airline is showing it as being ticketed.