RCCL - Freedom of the Seas

I put in almost an hour writing a review here on CC, on RCCL, FOTS, and unfortunately, it did NOT go through, or I have not seen it as yet.:mad: It was very SLOW :mad: going while I was trying to type it out.

It hasn't been quite two weeks since we have been off the ship. If there is any question that you would like to know in regard to the ship, or the ports, please feel free to ask, and I'll try to answer.

I really went into a LOT of details about the ship, and some about the ports, so feel free to ask.

What a pain for you, and us who are due to go on FOS.

Do they still do the midnight cake buffet and party nights up on deck??

How much are the blue cabanas that I see in the pics and are they an eye sore??

Was the cruise director any good??

Oh I cant think of anything else just now, perhaps you have some tips??

I hope u had a wonderful time :)

What a pain! My typing has gotten so bad I tend to create in word then copy and paste. I have sent so many things off to never never land lately it is getting rather scary.

Hope you had a great cruise. We're just off and had a wonderful cruise.

I thought I had already put this in, but cannot find it. We just got back from being on FOTS less than two weeks ago. If you have any questions that I can answer, please feel free to ask.

We just got of FOTS less than two weeks ago, and if they did the midnight cake buffet, we certainly didn't know about it, or I didn't see it mentioned in the Compass. I know we would have liked to have checked it out, if they did.:)

We were on the 5/4 Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Freedom of the Seas.

We did not go in to CocoCay, Bahamas because the waters was too rough and we couldn't tender in so we just sailed right through.

The Cruise Director was Casey Pelter and he is actually very funny. His staff is also very good.

There was no midnight cake buffet. I'm not sure what that is. In fact, there was no midnight buffet.

One night there was a Rock and Roll Dance Party with the Cruise Director's Staff in Studio B. That was a lot of fun!

Next to the last night, there was the Twenty White Party by Absolut with DJ Ron (Adults Only) in the Solarium. That was fun, too.

Overall, it was a wonderful cruise on the Freedom.

We were on the week of April 20 and no midnight buffet then either :(. Ship was still great and we enjoyed our cruise. You can't beat Freedom of the Seas for the price and size of the ship. I liked the cruise director, Casey. I thought he was funny and although he was visible, he was not overwhelming.

Our itinerary was Cococay, San Juan, and St. Maarten. I was scared we'd miss Cococay, we were late tendering to the island but we still got there. Definitely a beautiful place.

Edited by proudpatriot07

This may sound silly but for the white party- did everyone wear all white? Lol bc if they don't advertise this before hand how would everyone know to bring a white outfit lol

No, people wore whatever they wanted. They were just there to have a good time. Even Drew Thomas (the magician) wore black.

This may sound silly but for the white party- did everyone wear all white? Lol bc if they don't advertise this before hand how would everyone know to bring a white outfit lol

Nope. And on disco night, there were 2 people on our cruise who were totally decked out in costume, so I guess they knew about it beforehand. Needless to say they definitely wound up on the TV coverage for the disco night/70s party... and the cruise director threw a t-shirt to them ;)

Edited by proudpatriot07

I tried to read most of your postings, so I will try to answer a few of your questions. (I just wish that review that I spent all that time on, had gone through, I don't know what happened.:()

As for the carpet, I didn't think it looked too bad. I did stairs and the length of the ship (inside) a lot of times. I didn't think the carpet looked to bad in wear.

I think the chair hogs will never go away, but when we were watching the Belly Flop at the pool, there were seats in the back where it was shady that we could sit and relax.

No, we cruised right after Spring break on the 4/27 Western itinerary. We went to RCCL Labadee in Haiti, and the B-B-Q meal they had was good, especially the b-b-q ribs and corn on the cob. :) We went to Columbus Cove there. The tram will take you so far, and then there is a short distance to walk, depending upon what area you want.

Then we went to Falmouth, Jamaic, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. In Jamaica we took a tram tour which was $22 for 2 hours, but it was a good one. In Cozumel we hired a Taxi driver to take us to the chocolate factory which I had read about in CC. It is called Kow Kow and very interesting.

If I can answer in regard to the ship or island/ports, please feel free to ask.

How was the pool chair situation? I'm a little nervous about getting a chair on my upcoming cruise!

Yeah, the chairs near the pool are a hot commodity... if you can catch someone leaving, that helps. I was always able to find one on Deck 12, on the track, on the sea days. It's not right by the pool but still a great location for sun and for seeing whatever's going on at the pool.

Is there anything you wished you would have known (or that we should know) beforehand to pack (ie: for any themed activities?)

Was the ice rink open? If so, was it crowded?

If eating dinner in WJ, is there a time that's less crowded?

On what deck do you disembark for the ports?

How many announcements would you say were made during the day for activity notices?

Is there anything you wished you would have known (or that we should know) beforehand to pack (ie: for any themed activities?)

Was the ice rink open? If so, was it crowded?

If eating dinner in WJ, is there a time that's less crowded?

On what deck do you disembark for the ports?

How many announcements would you say were made during the day for activity notices?

Regarding the Windjammer for dinner, our experience is that it's never crowded like breakfast or lunch.