C&A welcome back party invitation

On Grandeur last week, I was eligible to go to the C&A party for the first time. I saw it in the cruise compass for day 3 which was our first port day, but it did not indicate the time or place, just said that invitations would be sent to our rooms. We left the ship around noon and had not received it....it was waiting when we returned after 8 pm...and the party was at 7:30. (Port stop was something like 10 am-9 pm). Just wondering if there is a usual day/time/place for these to occur so I can plan better next time. Not a huge deal, just would have been nice to check it out.

On Grandeur last week, I was eligible to go to the C&A party for the first time. I saw it in the cruise compass for day 3 which was our first port day, but it did not indicate the time or place, just said that invitations would be sent to our rooms. We left the ship around noon and had not received it....it was waiting when we returned after 8 pm...and the party was at 7:30. (Port stop was something like 10 am-9 pm). Just wondering if there is a usual day/time/place for these to occur so I can plan better next time. Not a huge deal, just would have been nice to check it out.

Nothing usual about the C&A party scheduling. Different ships, different itineraries, different LAs. Anything can change the scheduling.

How do you get invited to the party? You have to be a returning guest? :confused:

Yes, you have to have completed one cruise and joined the Crown & Anchor Society. Also, the C&A party is not always held on shorter (less than 7 days) cruises. It's up to the particular ship if they hold the party on shorter cruises.

How do you get invited to the party? You have to be a returning guest? :confused:

After you complete your first cruise with RCI and join the Crown & Anchor Society, you will receive points for each night at sea that you cruise, beginning with those earned with your first cruise. The more points you earn the higher the C & A tier you will achieve. There are different benefits to those members based on tier level.

The welcome back party is for C & A members who have completed at least one cruise and invitations are provided on board during your second cruise and thereafter.

Got to the RCI website under the Crown & Anchor Society tab for details on the program.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Sorry you missed out. We have always gotten our invite to C&A events the night before it takes place. Your cabin steward generally delivers it when he comes in to do your room for the evening.

Curious to know if your cabin mate is invited if they are not C&A members but you are and your name is the primary booking name for the cabin?

They don't look too closely at the invitation, and it's very common for a couple to walk in together with one invitation.

They botched the invites on my Liberty cruise last month. I never got one delivered to the room. It was in the Cruise Compass, however ... on two consecutive days. And I got a phone message apologizing that it was listed the second time, because it had already been held the previous day. I'd missed that line item in the Cruise Compass, so I wasn't able to attend.

Sorry you missed out. We have always gotten our invite to C&A events the night before it takes place. Your cabin steward generally delivers it when he comes in to do your room for the evening.

Same here. Also, if I recall the invite comes as an e-mail on the TV system.

We've always got invited, but have never gone, what do they usually do and where do they usually meet?

Free champagne and rum punch. Nice music. Maybe snacks. They talk about the company, future plans, booking a cruise onboard, the Royal Visa card. Venue varies, sometimes theater, usually the mid-level venue like the Lotus Lounge on Mariner.

They don't look too closely at the invitation, and it's very common for a couple to walk in together with one invitation.
While that may be true, your response does not answer the question asked.

madelk, Your cabin mate will not be invited, and sometimes they do check invitations.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'll be sailing on my second RCI cruise soon. I've joined C&A already. This is exciting news.

I don't drink alcohol. Will there be soft drinks or juice available at the returning guest event?

Thanks for your help.

I'll be sailing on my second RCI cruise soon. I've joined C&A already. This is exciting news.

I don't drink alcohol. Will there be soft drinks or juice available at the returning guest event?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, non-alcoholic drinks will be available.

While that may be true, your response does not answer the question asked.

madelk, Your cabin mate will not be invited, and sometimes they do check invitations.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am a higher level than my mom, I'm Emerald. She's Gold. I have received invites to the Upper Level party and asked at the door if she could join me (when we sail together in the same room). They have always said "Of course!"

Hmm seems like there isn't really just one consistent method of inviting/informing about this event. Grandeur doesn't have the fancy TV system, so that wasn't an option. Pretty sure it wasn't on the coupon sheet. The only place I saw it mentioned (before finding the invitation placed in our room while we were out) was the cruise compass, but with no time or place. Oh well, I guess next time I will ask about it if I think I may end up missing it.

Sent from my Event using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Someone posted who was just on the Liberty that they stated they are not sending out invitations in order to save paper but it would be listed in the compass. Looks like I will have to stop by the C&A to ask him in advance, it is easy to miss in the compass.

I'm just off Navigator from last week. No invitations to C & A welcome back party. They mentioned that there were like 1200 C & A members, and there were only maybe 150 at the event. Listed in the Compass, also in small print on our benefits letter. Not sure what that was all about. As a side note, after 7 RCI cruises, this was the most disorganized, poorly planned cruise that I have ever been on. I was very disappointed.