Currently in GI isolation on Oasis

Daughter(23) got sick after our Labadee Malfini excursion. She was isolated for 24 hours. I got sick yesterday. Btw, I am a germaphobe of epic proportions and take every possible precaution known to science. It is not an exaggeration to say this has been the worst cruise for us. Anyway, I need a favor. The internet is so slow and I am having trouble searching for a hotel around the cruise port that has a late (6pm) cancelation policy. I would like to have a reservation just in case we cannot fly home due to this bug. Hopefully we will be well by then because I really want to go home!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

I can't call right now b/c I'm fixing to get my kids up and ready for school, so in a couple of hours I will get on the phone and call for you - hope you feel better soon. I know they offer free movies if you get stuck in your cabin b/c of illness (just incase you feel like watching something)

Daughter(23) got sick after our Labadee Malfini excursion. She was isolated for 24 hours. I got sick yesterday. Btw, I am a germaphobe of epic proportions and take every possible precaution known to science. It is not an exaggeration to say this has been the worst cruise for us. Anyway, I need a favor. The internet is so slow and I am having trouble searching for a hotel around the cruise port that has a late (6pm) cancelation policy. I would like to have a reservation just in case we cannot fly home due to this bug. Hopefully we will be well by then because I really want to go home!

We've used Springhill Suites, Dania Beach, several times. Cancel time has always been 6pm.

hyatt place fort lauderdale/plantation

8530 West Broward Boulevard

Plantation, Florida, USA, 33324,

Tel: +1 954 370 2220 , Fax: +1 954 370 2272

Two Double Beds (with sofa bed)

Rooms should always feel, well, roomy and we made no exception here with separate sleeping and living areas, including two double Hyatt Grand Beds® and our Cozy Corner with sofa sleeper, perfect to sit back and relax. With your stay, enjoy free Wi–Fi and our a.m. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast served daily, with hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, and more.

Cancellation of this reservation is subject to the hotel cancellation policy.

Cancel By 4 Pm Day of Arrival

Total for the Room 170.94 USD that includes all taxes and fees

Check in May 17th.....

Hotel is 10 miles from the port everglades and also 10 miles from Fort Lauderdale Airport.

Good Luck and hope you are all feeling better.

Hotel is rated 4 stars out of 5 on Tripadvisor, decent reviews. Should be fine for your needs.

Edited by Jimbo

Best Flexible Rate

$ 89.00 USD per room, per night

Candlewood Suites.

2 DOUBLE BEDS STUDIO SUITE NONSMOKING 4 person(s) per room maximum 4 Smoking is not permitted in this room

From 30,000 points

OR ‎ $ 89.00 USD

View Rates View Rates

Stay well rested and constantly connected in a studio suite featuring free high speed internet access. You can enjoy entertainment options on 32 inch cable tv with cd dvd player and you can utilize a fully equipped kitchen with a microwave refrigerator cookware and utensils.

Tax: 11% per night not included in rate effective 15 May, 2014 thru 16 May, 2014

4 PERSON(S) PER ROOM MAXIMUM

DESCRIPTION:

Take advantage of our best and least restrictive publicly available rate. Changes to your reservation are usually acceptable, but always check the hotel's cancellation policy before booking for cancellation fees that may apply depending upon arrival date and hotel selected.

PLEASE NOTE:

Thank you for making your reservation on our web site.

CANCELLATION POLICY:

Canceling your reservation or failing to show will result in a charge for 1 night per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.

Best Flexible Rate

$ 89.00 USD per room, per night

Candlewood Suites.

2 DOUBLE BEDS STUDIO SUITE NONSMOKING 4 person(s) per room maximum 4 Smoking is not permitted in this room

From 30,000 points

OR ‎ $ 89.00 USD

View Rates View Rates

Stay well rested and constantly connected in a studio suite featuring free high speed internet access. You can enjoy entertainment options on 32 inch cable tv with cd dvd player and you can utilize a fully equipped kitchen with a microwave refrigerator cookware and utensils.

Tax: 11% per night not included in rate effective 15 May, 2014 thru 16 May, 2014

4 PERSON(S) PER ROOM MAXIMUM

DESCRIPTION:

Take advantage of our best and least restrictive publicly available rate. Changes to your reservation are usually acceptable, but always check the hotel's cancellation policy before booking for cancellation fees that may apply depending upon arrival date and hotel selected.

PLEASE NOTE:

Thank you for making your reservation on our web site.

CANCELLATION POLICY:

Canceling your reservation or failing to show will result in a charge for 1 night per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.

OP needs the room on the 17th when the ship returns to Port Everglades......also wants to be able to cancel if they decide to just jump on their flight home to Arizona...........so they need to be able to cancel the reservation as late as possible, meaning right up to check in time.

I believe the reservation you got at the Candlewood Suites if canceled would be charged the full charge anyway no mater if they use the room or not.

Jimbo:)

I did just now reserve the hyatt in plantation. I am hoping to be on my plane but just in case wanted a backup plan. I really appreciate the emails and help and am grateful. :-)

Whew. Didn't need the reservation but a huge THANK YOU anyway. Flew home yesterday and got home without any drama.

Sorry to hear that must have been a horrible week. my wife got suck on the morning that we left. It was a long plane ride home :(

I heard the bug was going around on the ship

Edited by trev71

Sorry to hear that must have been a horrible week. my wife got suck on the morning that we left. It was a long plane ride home :(

I heard the bug was going around on the ship

Oh man, I have empathy! Hope she feels better. :( Sickest I can ever remember being. I couldn't have attempted to fly.

Daughter(23) got sick after our Labadee Malfini excursion. She was isolated for 24 hours. I got sick yesterday. Btw, I am a germaphobe of epic proportions and take every possible precaution known to science. It is not an exaggeration to say this has been the worst cruise for us. just in case we cannot fly home due to this bug. Hopefully we will be well by then because I really want to go home!

Same thing happened to my daughter (30) and I in February on a Disney cruise. She got sick first, quarantined. Then I got sick about seven hours after her. It was a short cruise, we were disembarking the day after I got sick. She was fine by then so drove home (4 hrs) and I was so so. What I'm saying is the Oasis isn't due back for days, I'm sure you will both be fine by then. Enjoy the cruise, don't let a couple of days down ruin the rest of the fun you can have.

No, were in a jr suite (THANK HEAVENS!!!! WITH ALL THAT ISOLATION!!!) deck 6. When my daughter got sick she had to go to medical but when I got sick a nurse and a security guard came 3x!

Edited by coolcat12