Tell Me About the Noordam Please!

jormot

We are back and forth between Holland and Princess for a 2015 Alaskan cruise. We like the Holland itinerary better but Princess looks good too. My biggest concern is a bunch of bad reviews I have read on the Noordam. I know people who are unhappy write reviews more often than those who had a great experience but can some of you shed some good light on the Noordam and the experience we'll have on Holland in Alaska. Put my mind at ease please!

We recently completed a 33 day Mediterranean cruise on the Noordam, and I am now a fan! Our most recent cruises had been on Celebrity Reflection and Oceania Riviera, so when we entered the ship, our first impression was that she was rather drab and dated. However, in no time, the warmth and competence of the crew won us over. I began to appreciate small touches, such as the fresh flowers that can be enjoyed throughout the ship. The ship is immaculately maintained; you will always see people cleaning and polishing Bar prices seemed very reasonable to me, and bar service was prompt. There was good variety on the dining room menu, and service was generally attentive. The itinerary was outstanding, and the reason that we booked. I would not hesitate to book a Holland America Cruise in the future. Hope this helps.

We have sailed on her 2 times and really like the ship and crew. We had SS suites and they were clean and very comfortable. I would not hesitate to recommend the Noordam to anyone, a beautiful ship with great service and food.

What they said.

We did 22 days in the Mediterranean on her and would cruise on her again. Crew were unfailingly friendly and helpful. Balconies are roomy, and the beds are quite comfortable.

We did 25 days starting just before Christmas in an HH obstructed view cabin ... liked it a lot.... staff was great... food and service was good. The 3 elevators made getting around really easy. We do like the smaller ships like the Maasdam but would not hesitate to sail the Noordam again. :)

As you can see in my signature below we are very familiar with the Noordam and almost all of the Princess ships. I wouldn't hesitate for one moment to sail the Noordam to Alaska or anywhere else for that matter. When others have asked me to describe her my most often repeated phrase is "understated elegance". We also like the Lido and food much better than the Horizon or Caribe eateries. While I'm sure you won't be sailing with the same staff we had in March (lucky you if you do) we have always found that HAL's staff out shown those on Princess by a bit.

We have been on Noordam only once, and thoroughly enjoyed the ship.

DH is not a fan of Alaska cruises. He is actually considering going to Alaska because we would be on the Noordam. That is a huge compliment to that ship. Huge.

We were on the Baltic Cruise Last Year on the Eurodam and are now thinking of the ms Noordam 11-night Mediterranean Cruise. We love Tamarindo and the cabanas on at the pool. Will those be offered on this this ship? What else is different (better or worse). We really liked the Eurodam.

We were on the Baltic Cruise Last Year on the Eurodam and are now thinking of the ms Noordam 11-night Mediterranean Cruise. We love Tamarindo and the cabanas on at the pool. Will those be offered on this this ship? What else is different (better or worse). We really liked the Eurodam.

No Tamarinds but yes to Cabanas ... have not been on the Eurodam.

Most people I have known that have sailed the NOORDAM have said she is the nicest of the Vista Class ships. I have not sailed her yet but I am looking forward to sailing on her next November

We really enjoyed our Noordam 10 day Caribbean cruise- it is our favorite ship to date. The staff was excellent. Service superior. We have been on most of the mass market cruise lines and found the Noordam excellent for our cruise.

We hope to do the other Caribbean itinerary on Noordam (the ABC islands), but not sure where it will be in 2016.