how much is a single shot

We are thinking of getting dd's the replenish package- Am I correct on thinking that this includes non alcoholic cocktails. How much will it cost dd'd to add a shot of Rum to these. I do not want to get them the alcohol package as the youngest will have only just turned 18 so I will only be allowing one alcoholic drink a day. The eldest will probably have 3 (2 cocktails and one wine at most) is it worth her while paying to upgrade to alcohol one or just paying the difference to add a shot of rum to the alcohol free colada. My DH and I will be getting the basic alcohol package so the 2 bottle of wine we take on board will do her for wine at dinner (most of 12 night cruise) without her having to buy any. Thus she will probably only adding 2-3 shots a day worth of extra money over the replenish package. Can she take her filled wine glass to the mdr.

Also we are doing the med 12 cruise which is port intensive can we start the packages on day 5 ahead of the 2 sea days

Believe the legal drinking age on RC ships is 21. You could find yourself in trouble for providing "shots" to the 18-year-old - would suggest checking out further before doing this.

I think the OP might be from the UK and perhaps sailing a Europe itin?? I could be wrong though...... :confused:

Believe the legal drinking age on RC ships is 21. You could find yourself in trouble for providing "shots" to the 18-year-old - would suggest checking out further before doing this.

I have been told 18 is fine in the med. It is the legal drinking age for us and 2 yrs above that of most other EU countries. She may not even want any - but as it is her 18th present and her sisters graduation present I want to at least offer her a few cocktails.

I think fair is fair - they have been brought up never to drink until legal and not to try it without us about (once over 18) - so (as long as we get to cruise 2015 with her end upheld) then its my turn to hold up my end of the deal and allow her a few nice drinks- if the ship say no (we will check first) then that is fine - rules are rules- and instead she will be treated to a few in port (one a day of course:p)

From the website:

"Q: What is the minimum age requirement to consume alcoholic beverages?

A: The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings originating in Europe, Asia, Australia and South America is eighteen (18).

The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings originating in North America remains at twenty-one (21). Any sailing that includes a US port the minimum drinking age is 21, even when orginating in Europe, Asia, Australia and South America. The minimum age to consume alcohol at all private destinations remains twenty-one (21) without regard to where the sailing originated. The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age of alcohol consumption on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification."

OP, yes you can take your filled wine glass anywhere on the ship except for the pool area due to safety concerns over possible broken glass.