No microwaves

Luci lu

I have chronic neck pain and use a heat pack that I heat in a microwave for pain relief. It keeps me from taking pain medication. I know there are no microwaves in the staterooms. We'll be on the Grand for an AK cruise in a few weeks. Any suggestions for getting my heat pack warmed up? Thanks!

No, not in staterooms....but as an aside, on the Emerald a few weeks ago, there was a surprise sanitary inspection...the inspectors got on in St Thomas and when they were doing one of the galleys, an inspector opened the door of one of the ovens and found a pair of wet sneakers that a crew member was drying out.:D

Having said that, the Customer Services Desk should be able to help you.

There are also those "HotHands and Body Warmers" they are portable, disposable- and might work for you. They work great in cold weather to warm up your hands. You can get them at outdoor shops or mail order. rlb

There are also those "HotHands and Body Warmers" they are portable, disposable- and might work for you. They work great in cold weather to warm up your hands. You can get them at outdoor shops or mail order. rlb

I swear by these!

Thermacare heat wraps

they are chemical heat wraps. They warm up when you open the package and expose them to air. One wrap can provide up to 8 hours of heat.

No fuss no muss. Widely available and also most drug stores have their own similar 'generic' product. They come in different shapes and sizes. I've used BIG ones for my back, dw used 'em on her neck and shoulder at various times. They generate PLENTY of heat! (be careful the first time ...)

thermacare_lowerback.jpg

http://www.thermacare.com

p.s. they make a dry chemical cold pak too . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

I have chronic neck pain and use a heat pack that I heat in a microwave for pain relief. It keeps me from taking pain medication. I know there are no microwaves in the staterooms. We'll be on the Grand for an AK cruise in a few weeks. Any suggestions for getting my heat pack warmed up? Thanks!

I had this issue last year after I tore my meniscus, Dr wanted heat in the morning and ice at night. I brought a hot water bottle purchased from the drug store. In the mornings I got hot water delivered to the room in the morning and switched to ice during the day, it worked great for both. Our room steward keep our ice bucket full. This was more like the gel pads I had at home since it pliable and conformed to my knee. An added bonus I was able to heat it on the balcony in the morning while sipping my coffee

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app

Thermacare heat wraps

they are chemical heat wraps. They warm up when you open the package and expose them to air. One wrap can provide up to 8 hours of heat.

No fuss no muss. Widely available and also most drug stores have their own similar 'generic' product. They come in different shapes and sizes. I've used BIG ones for my back, dw used 'em on her neck and shoulder at various times. They generate PLENTY of heat! (be careful the first time ...)

thermacare_lowerback.jpg

http://www.thermacare.com

p.s. they make a dry chemical cold pak too . . .

I swear by these. Used to use a hydrocollator that was wet and heated in micro but these work great and stay hot for 8 hours. Easy to pack too.

I hadn't thought of a heating pad...great idea! Thanks for all of the replies.

If you are use to using a hot pack you may want to make sure that you do not use a dry heat heating pad as it has different effect. Try a moist heating pad.

I also do not like taking pain medication, my friend introduced me to these two roll-ons from earthturns.com.

They work and they work fast, I have to be careful with the heat roll on because it can get really hot if you put too much on. They are completely natural and I feel better using them for that reason.

Here are the links and you can see the list of ingredients, best part is they are having a sale right now.

http://www.earthturns.com/Cryoderm-Pain-Rollon-p/cryoderm-rollon-3oz.htm

http://www.earthturns.com/CryoDerm-Heat-Rollon-p/cryoderm-heat-rollon-3oz.htm