Just arrived in Venice

aquaseeker

Hello everyone we arrived in Venice today & board the silhouette tomorrow. After a year's wait its finally here. I'm so excited. It's going to be great because it's a vacation, it's a celebrity cruise and come on its Venice! The only thing that could ruin this for me is if I wake up tomorrow in my own bed & this was all a dream. Ha ha. I'm giddy. Did I say I'm in Venice and I'm getting on the silhouette tomorrow?!!

Hello everyone we arrived in Venice today & board the silhouette tomorrow. After a year's wait its finally here. I'm so excited. It's going to be great because it's a vacation, it's a celebrity cruise and come on its Venice! The only thing that could ruin this for me is if I wake up tomorrow in my own bed & this was all a dream. Ha ha. I'm giddy. Did I say I'm in Venice and I'm getting on the silhouette tomorrow?!!

I am jealous --- absolutely LOVE Venice. Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Have a wonderful time on Silhouette, Aquaseeker. Bon Voyage !

I am so totally envious! I LOVE Venice. I'm hoping we'll be on the Silhouette in 2017 for my son's pre-graduation trip. I can't decide if I want to start in Venezia or end there. Either way, we're tacking on extra days. The way I'm envisioning that trip it could end up being 3 weeks! But hey - it's Venezia & Roma & the Greek Isles!

I hope you'll come back and do a review so we can all live vicariously through you!

Edited by olemissreb

I'm envious too. We sailed out of Venice on the Grand Princess in 1999. I think at that time it was the biggest ship to sail in there. Thousands came out to see us off. I really want to do this again even if they only allow smaller ships.

Bon voyage from another envious cruiser! Our sail-away from Venice is so very far in the future - August 2015 on the Connie as only smaller ships will be allowed to sail into Venice. It is still something to anticipate!!

Enjoy and please post a review.

I totally get your excitement! We are flying to Venice on June 6, will spend a few days there, then train to Civitavecchia to board the Silhouette and will have another day in Venice at the end of the cruise!!

Sounds crazy, I know, but we couldn't tack on the days at the end due to kids' summer job obligations. We 'did' Rome two years ago so decided to give Venice the days that it deserved at the beginning of the trip.

Do post some notes post-trip! Have a wonderful time!!!