Flight canceled into Miami and need to catch boat in Nasau.

rjack79

Has anyone had a flight canceled when you are set to leave from Miami and had to fly into Nassau to catch an NCL ship. If so what is the process for getting on the boat. Seems a group of us have found ourself in this situation and would love any information you could give.

Edited by rjack79

Has anyone had a flight canceled when you are set to leave from Miami and had to fly into Nassau to catch an NCL ship. If so what is the process for getting on the boat. Seems a group of us have found ourself in this situation and would love any information you could give.

One time my husband had to join a cruise mid-way at Curacao. HAL's captain had to agree to the late boarding, and HAL arranged transportation from the airport.

The only thing to do at this point is call NCL and ask for direction. You can't just show up at the pier in Nassau and expect to board. Good Luck!

Edited by Suzanne123

Several years ago, our flight from Columbus to Miami was delayed due to mechanical problems. By the time Delta got another plane and got us to Miami, the ship (Royal Caribbean) had sailed away. (And this is why people fly in a day early.) A representative of RCCL arranged to have a plane fly us from Miami to Nassau, the ship's first stop. There was another couple that had also missed the sail away because their flight out of their airport was delayed due to bad weather. The plane that took us to Nassau was very small, with a very small cargo space. Consequently, our baggage didn't make it to Nassau with us. Our baggage finally caught up with us in St. Thomas. Although what happened was not RCCL's fault, they took very good care of us (I'll skip the details). High praise and kudos to RCCL!

I'm guessing, based on what you've said, that you're flying from Miami into San Juan for your cruise? Are there any other flights available that would get you to the ship on time for the sail away? Is flying to Nassau your only option? Have you talked to someone at NCL to see if they can offer any assistance?

I went back and re-read your post, and realized there was a mismatch between the title and the question posted. Too late for me to edit my reply. So, exactly what flight has been canceled? To Miami, or from Miami? Either way, I would try to find an earlier flight to get you to the ship on time, and save flying to Nassau as a last resort.

Has anyone had a flight canceled when you are set to leave from Miami and had to fly into Nassau to catch an NCL ship. If so what is the process for getting on the boat. Seems a group of us have found ourselves in this situation and would love any information you could give.

Contact NCL and/or your travel agent immediately. If you don't board in Miami, and NCL has no idea why you did not, you will be a no-show and dropped from the manifest. Your cabin might be given to somebody on standby. Or they can be upgraded into your cabin. If Nassau is just a port of call for your ship the port security will have no word that anybody is to embark the ship and you may not even get past the security gate.

NCL will advise your group on embarking in Nassau. (Another good reason to sail with a passport and not just a birth certificate.)

Edited by BlueRiband

Did you contact the airline to see if they can get you on another flight to Miami maybe with another carrier?

Contact NCL as suggested

If you booked your own air try to get the airline to get you either Miami or Nassau but as suggested let the cruise line know what is going on

Well it all ended up working out. We could not get on any other flights to Miami in time for the boat to leave. We flew into Nassau, spent the night and met the ship first thing the following morning. Turned out to be a great trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well it all ended up working out. We could not get on any other flights to Miami in time for the boat to leave. We flew into Nassau, spent the night and met the ship first thing the following morning. Turned out to be a great trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good thing you were able to get something worked out. Too bad you had to miss the sail away and your first evening on board.

Thanks for coming back to let us know "the rest of the story." I'm glad you had a great trip. :)