!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Day2-40_zps18cbdbd1.jpg

Day2-41_zps6a264761.jpg

There a bunch of cool statues here, its a great place for taking family pictures that are fun and silly. My mom and aunty got a few there. I think they are part of a closed museum, but not sure.

Day2-42_zps5b28fc43.jpg

Huge statue!

Day2-43_zps0fa56978.jpg

And there was mom waiting for me, with my aunt and our limo for the day ;). Having a car really made our day very easy.

Took this picture while they were modeling with the statues =)

Day2-44_zps519a9168.jpg

We took of and headed toward the southernmost point. There are sooo many wild roosters and chickens in Key West, I did not recall that.

Day2-48_zps32608280.jpg

Since it was so early in the morning finding parking was extremely easy, but after 10am it gets quite crowded and a long line forms to take pictures with the marker. My mom had already purchased the 24hr parking and that is valid throughout the public spots in key west.

By accident I purchased another one…

Day2-53_zps7fdfc880.jpg

Day2-54_zps95614e5a.jpg

Day2-55_zps8714f585.jpg

Ummmmm yeah, that is pretty much it....

Day2-56_zps8dc72983.jpg

There is honestly not much to do here, I guess if you’re a history buff there must some really interesting things here. But as you can imagine we went there took some pictures and that was about it. Kind of been there, done that kind of thing. Granted I have been here in the past, but my aunt wanted some pictures there. So that is why we stopped by and enjoy the scenery for a little while.

Day2-60_zpsb1c38d26.jpg

Day2-61_zps23014e9c.jpg

Day2-62_zpsc69d9fa3.jpg

I will say that I did not read any of these, I just got the pictures for those of you who are interested in some history =)

Day2-63_zpsee7def8d.jpg

Day2-69_zpse78e3624.jpg

Day2-70_zps916a76c8.jpg

I have to get ready to head out to work, but I just wanted to at least get day 2 started. I will attempt to shoot out next set either late tonight or tomorrow at so point. Writing it just takes a little longer than I expected it with a heavier schedule.

Either way Ill try my best to shoot out daily sets.

Hi Gambee. I was torn between the Getaway and Breeze for an upcoming cruise and asked for help on both the CCL and NCL boards. Over on the NCL boards, I was pointed this way by other posters.

By the way, thank you for addressing the crowding question. That was one of my biggest concerns because like you, I do not do well in crowds. If in your honest opinion, you thought it was the same or even better than Allure, I know I'll be just fine. Thanks again. :)

Ohhhh, I forgot. The breeze had the fastest elevators EVER. Well except for the last day, I am not sure what was going on, but I ended up taking the stairs a couple of times because I got tired of waiting. But other than the last day, they were very impressive.

Keep in mind the Breeze does not require reservations for shows, and there is always plenty of empty spots to go around as well. I am not crazy about that on the allure or breakaway/getaway...

Hmmmm, mind if I ask you how you found out? i posted it on my breakaway review, but i know many unsubscribe once the review is done.

It wasn't on the breakaway review. I don't remember which thread it was on, but the discussion was on the Drinking package. Someone mentioned the spreadsheet you did, and from that I knew you must have done something new. So I went to your Facebook page ( I don't normally follow Facebook) and found out you did indeed have a new review :D

Thanks Gambee for a wonderful review!! I love all the additional information you are providing and I absolutely LOVE that illustration mode on your Sony! Trying to research if there are any other cameras out there that have this or software that will perform this task. I already own a Nikon and Canon dslr and a couple of smaller cameras so not sure I could convince the hubby I need a new camera..or maybe I could convince him :rolleyes:

We have contemplated going on the Breeze along with a few others so it's great reading all your views on this ship!

Not crazy about this, just let me grab what I want. I guess maybe there are people who over do it, but for folks like me... Well, w/e, just saying.

Day2-22_zpsf31826b1.jpg

Good review....as for this photo..I AM a big fan of being served. Think about it.....someone gets up in the morning after a night of scratching...heads out to the buffet and grabs the ladle to place food on their plate, along comes you (a person practicing good hygiene) and the scratcher passes the ladle to you. Get my point?

It wasn't on the breakaway review. I don't remember which thread it was on, but the discussion was on the Drinking package. Someone mentioned the spreadsheet you did, and from that I knew you must have done something new. So I went to your Facebook page ( I don't normally follow Facebook) and found out you did indeed have a new review :D

I see. Actually I need to update the ncl package, I believe there was a pricing change done there.

Thanks Gambee for a wonderful review!! I love all the additional information you are providing and I absolutely LOVE that illustration mode on your Sony! Trying to research if there are any other cameras out there that have this or software that will perform this task. I already own a Nikon and Canon dslr and a couple of smaller cameras so not sure I could convince the hubby I need a new camera..or maybe I could convince him :rolleyes:

We have contemplated going on the Breeze along with a few others so it's great reading all your views on this ship!

I would not buy the rx just for that feature. I know they have a $100 range camera that does just that. Look it up. I wish they implemented it on the nex series. That would be killer with the fisheye lens.

Thank u for following along :)

Good review....as for this photo..I AM a big fan of being served. Think about it.....someone gets up in the morning after a night of scratching...heads out to the buffet and grabs the ladle to place food on their plate, along comes you (a person practicing good hygiene) and the scratcher passes the ladle to you. Get my point?

Hmmmm, never thought of it that way... You have a good point there. But that technique only works when you have enough people serving costumers. During breakfast it was not an issue. But you will see later on in the review that long lines are formed if there is just one person serving. The wait for the chocolate buffet was pretty long.

And now that you mention that, I also want to note that to this day the breeze was the ship that I saw with the least amount of purell stations.

Hmmmm, never thought of it that way... You have a good point there. But that technique only works when you have enough people serving costumers. During breakfast it was not an issue. But you will see later on in the review that long lines are formed if there is just one person serving. The wait for the chocolate buffet was pretty long.

And now that you mention that, I also want to note that to this day the breeze was the ship that I saw with the least amount of purell stations.

My understanding is that on HAL ships, they start every cruise with "lockdown" procedures in place then ease then after a few days. Gets past the infectious stage of most anything potentially brought onboard. I've never been on HAL but it sounds fine to me after getting caught in a noro outbreak on DCL.

As for purell stations, did they have the automatic hand washing stations like they did on the Sunshine?

CarnivalSunshine.jpg.9d0957328406133ef7eda54b2c09b951.jpg

Thank you for sharing your experiences on the Breeze. We can’t wait to see more of your review as we are sailing on the Breeze June-14 . They’re six in our group with two Cloud 9 balconies on deck 12.Your’s has been the most in depth and useful review we have read. Keep up the good work! One more thing, is your FB page private, I can’t pull it up using and variations of your web pages? Share it if you don’t mind. Thanks

Following, as I'm cruising this itinerary in September. Really enjoying it; this is the first time I've read one of our reviews. Thanks for all the great pics and details!

Hmmmmmm? Me too!!!! :D

Anyway, lets keep on moving.

I also got the breakfast room service menu.

Day1-215_zpsd609447f.jpg

I got ready and took a few pictures from the balcony, NEX CAMERA

Day1-254_zpsfb9ab77f.jpg

As you can tell I am good at spotting these exotics from far away =). NEX CAMERA

Day1-253_zps9485fced.jpg

These guys are always having a blast! NEX CAMERA

Day1-256_zpseac7d346.jpg

Day1-250_zps1a2467cc.jpg

I have to say you do have a good eye for nice cars!!! :)

Already 10 pages! Subbing so I can go back and read. Thanks so much Gambee for another review. Everyone loves your photo reviews. Can't wait to read this one.

Hello Susan!!!! :)

Great review!! I haven't read one of your reviews before but I'm hooked. I plan on going and reading them all! I'm so glad,you are doing one on the KW, GC, and Coz itinerary. We sail in 2 weeks!! I'm glad I have your review to read until I go.

Thank you for your very entertaining , thought provoking, informative, beautiful, and fun review! I am a gambee virgin--this is the first review of yours that I have read. We are sailing the Breeze in 7 Sundays.......blue skies and calm seas await us.

Hey Gambee...

I finally got a chance to start reading your review today and I'm all caught up!; I must say this was a wonderful way to spend my day off, reliving my vacation.

I've told you before that I really like your reviews, photos and just the way in which you present it all. This read is especially interesting as we were on the same sailing, same roll call and got to experience similar things. Looking forward to the continuation.....

Dana

Day2-71_zps588407a4.jpg

Day2-72_zps4fc38e75.jpg

And here is the house next to the marker. Can you imagine the cost of this property :D. I would expect a much more expensive vehicle parked there ;-)

Day2-74_zps8d018564.jpg

There were some bikers there, really friendly folks. One of them got a family picture for me, without even asking. I love good natured people, it just makes life so much more enjoyable.

Day2-73_zps6f79d1cf.jpg

Since the butterfly conservatory was close by, we decided to just walk there and leave the car parked around the corner. The butterfly conservatory is very nice, they have a great store with some gorgeous pieces of art work. Breakaway actually has one of those exhibits aboard the ship, they are just gorgeous. But anyway I will let the pictures do the talking. Pictures of the art pieces are not allowed, I got a few before I was told not to take pictures of them. I will respect their art privacy and not post them. But I will say that one butterfly in a box can run you $15-$40, so you do the math for a piece like NCL Breakaway, there must of been a few K butterflies there.

We had a great time over there. It is actually that one of my aunts runs a butterfly conservatory in Colombia, so I got a bunch of pictures for her.

Day2-77_zpsceb53671.jpg

This is the part of the store that you're allowed to take pictures off. I have dealt with similar situations in Cozumel were it is prohibited to take pictures of some artwork.

Day2-82_zpsc361f71c.jpg

Day2-83_zpsacb0cfbf.jpg