!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

The cost for 3 people is $39.

First they have a indoor exhibit.

Day2-89_zps345660d0.jpg

Day2-90_zps670a41f7.jpg

Day2-91_zps6295d9be.jpg

Types of butterflies by locations around the world. Quite a few in South America, Europe and Africa don't seem to have that many.

Day2-93_zpsa089225d.jpg

And then you walk into the green house, it was quite warm and humid inside there.

Day2-96_zpsa5cc8433.jpg

It is kind of sad that their life cycle is so short... I think 3 days? It's been a while since I research this.

Day2-97_zps3b43151b.jpg

A really nice bench.

Day2-100_zps8d64c7e5.jpg

Some of them are very friendly. All you have to do is slide your finger slowly next to them and they just move to your finger. My mom had a hard time doing this, but eventually I got one for her.

Day2-102_zpsd77a2f97.jpg

This one was huge! I was trying to show the scale based on my opened hand.

Day2-106_zps89b44e8d.jpg

Day2-109_zpsac8de81e.jpg

And then they had these :D

Day2-114_zps33053608.jpg

Day2-115_zpsffa0db78.jpg

The flamingos were so funny, one of them had a really nasty attitude. Well either that or he wanted food from me, who knows, I could not tell.

Day2-116_zps2569c72c.jpg

My aunt was obsessed with this kind of butterfly, I think her favorite color is green.

Day2-117_zpsffeab890.jpg

And lots of quails running around. Tasty ;)

Day2-118_zpsc45f98c8.jpg

Yum yum =)

Day2-121_zps5ebff662.jpg

This one is the one with the attitude lol, he would not shut up. They are soooo cute, just love them. He came out of no-where!

Day2-124_zpse7f8cb0d.jpg

Mom’s hat, they warn you to check all your clothes before leaving the conservatory.

Day2-129_zps2de3ac1e.jpg

They really liked his back, lol

Day2-130_zps132e18f4.jpg

These guys had really long legs.

Day2-133_zps26d6bb2c.jpg

No! I did not place her there, she landed there whiningly! lol, just being silly. :D

Day2-111_zps3797b06a.jpg

Day2-139_zps4fda9229.jpg

Day2-140_zpsdaffd710.jpg

And here is a short Video so you get a real feel for the place, it was really neat!

Honestly I am not sure if this place is worth it, I know that if you buy one of the bus tours it includes the entrance to the butterfly place. I guess it really all depends if you like these type of activities. If you come with a large group that admission fee can add pretty quick. It is one of those things that you say been there done that, but will most likely not go back. It is also small greenhouse and can be toured quite quickly, we did the entire place in 30 minutes, I think...

After we enjoyed the place for enough time I asked mom if she wanted to wait there and I would go get the car and pick them up. There was going to be a lot of walking that day, and later on she had to drive back home. So if I could take some of the strain out of her day I would. Mom and Aunty stayed in the butterfly store while I went around the block to get the car.

Ok friends, I am out... Just wanted to post the butterfly conservatory prior going to sleep. I will try to finish Key West tomorrow, but can't promise it. I will also address the questions in the morning, I am really tired now.

Thanks for following :)

So glad to have found your review. We're going on the Breeze end of Jan, and we're so excited to read all about it. Just love your photography!!! We'll have a different itinerary. Can't wait to read more!!

Yay, I got caught up with your review! It's so cool seeing all of these pics from a sailing I was on too, because you got all of these pics of the Breeze I never had the time to take, lol.

My oldest daughter LOVED that huge butterfly and really all of the conservatory. We had a great time, but I wish it were a little bigger. I'm still really glad we went though. We rode there on a City View trolley and the driver gave us coupons for $2 off admission, so that saved us $8, which was great.

Shavon

Important!

I know I have said this in the past and gone back on it, unfortunately this time I have to stick by it. I am currently working full time and taking Physics + lab dunning a summer A semester. I am crouching time like never before. In order to deliver a strong review like I have done in the past, I will have to sacrifice the responses.

On all my past reviews I addressed each post personally, but that won’t be possible now. I will however answer all the question, so no worries with that. If you have a question just shoot it out and I will get to it.

I am expecting a lot of readers in this review as I bring a lot of loyal followers from other cruise lines boards, RCCL, X, NCL and Disney.

Comments are still appreciated as that is part of the fuel that us reviewers need to keep going strong till the end.

One more thing to keep in mind is that I won’t proof read the review, so please excuse me if you see more grammatical errors than usual. I will try to keep them at a bare minimum, but just keep that in mind.

I appreciate everyones understanding with this matter, this is only being done so I can dedicate most of the time to the review itself.

Thank you :)

Thanks for all the information!!

Gambee since I'm still a relative camera novice, what does the fisheye lens do for your pictures?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Fisheye pictures tend to curve pictures. To my knowledge most fisheye lens are very wide and they can grab an incredible amount of spectrum in each picture. This not my best fisheye picture, but it was the first I found in my photobucket account.

DSC09412_zps6da81c60.jpg

You have seen many in my reviews as I am fanatic of this lens. Some dislike them, some love them, I absolutely LOVE THEM. It is a very creative lens.

We are famous! See those two dorky hats on the jet skis? Ya, thats my hub and I. Now we will live in infamy in a Gambee review!

Lol, I remember some chatter about this shore excursion on our roll call, I was wondering if anyone was there that I knew.

My understanding is that on HAL ships, they start every cruise with "lockdown" procedures in place then ease then after a few days. Gets past the infectious stage of most anything potentially brought onboard. I've never been on HAL but it sounds fine to me after getting caught in a noro outbreak on DCL.

As for purell stations, did they have the automatic hand washing stations like they did on the Sunshine?

The sunshine had those? Neat! They have them on the Disney Ships for the kid areas, I thought they were the only ones who had them. I did not see them on the Breeze.

Gambee where do you work or what kind of work do you do. You say you had to work today, Sunday and I see where you work a lot in conjunction with going to school so I'm just curious. :o

Service industry, I don't usually work sundays but I was covering a shift from a coworker who covered me while I was on the Breeze.

Thank you for sharing your experiences on the Breeze. We can’t wait to see more of your review as we are sailing on the Breeze June-14 . They’re six in our group with two Cloud 9 balconies on deck 12.Your’s has been the most in depth and useful review we have read. Keep up the good work! One more thing, is your FB page private, I can’t pull it up using and variations of your web pages? Share it if you don’t mind. Thanks

my FB is not private, here is the link

https://www.facebook.com/Cruisinggambee

I have to say you do have a good eye for nice cars!!! :)

Usually there are a lot more, but for some reason that day I only saw a few. Maybe I was too busy doing other stuff :D

Great review!! I haven't read one of your reviews before but I'm hooked. I plan on going and reading them all! I'm so glad,you are doing one on the KW, GC, and Coz itinerary. We sail in 2 weeks!! I'm glad I have your review to read until I go.

I love that Itti, I really don't care much for the one that stops in Jamaica.

Thank you for your very entertaining , thought provoking, informative, beautiful, and fun review! I am a gambee virgin--this is the first review of yours that I have read. We are sailing the Breeze in 7 Sundays.......blue skies and calm seas await us.

Have a great cruise!

Thank you for commenting :)

Hey Gambee...

I finally got a chance to start reading your review today and I'm all caught up!; I must say this was a wonderful way to spend my day off, reliving my vacation.

I've told you before that I really like your reviews, photos and just the way in which you present it all. This read is especially interesting as we were on the same sailing, same roll call and got to experience similar things. Looking forward to the continuation.....

Dana

Glad you're liking it so far Dana, it was a pleasure to meet you :)

So glad to have found your review. We're going on the Breeze end of Jan, and we're so excited to read all about it. Just love your photography!!! We'll have a different itinerary. Can't wait to read more!!

I am planning on sailing her for again for the exotic southern itinerary, just not sure when. This is a ship that I would love for my mom to experience, and I think that itti would be a lot of fun.

Have a great cruise.

Yay, I got caught up with your review! It's so cool seeing all of these pics from a sailing I was on too, because you got all of these pics of the Breeze I never had the time to take, lol.

My oldest daughter LOVED that huge butterfly and really all of the conservatory. We had a great time, but I wish it were a little bigger. I'm still really glad we went though. We rode there on a City View trolley and the driver gave us coupons for $2 off admission, so that saved us $8, which was great.

Shavon

Hi Shavon, I think I only saw you once, right? I am sure u were busy with the girls :).

I forgot about looking for coupons, my mom was there the night before and I am sure her hotel had some. Oh well too late now :D

I was thinking just that, the conservatory must be much more interesting for kids than it was for me.

And here are the sail away pictures, we had perfect weather and great company. It was the perfect start to what would later become an amazing vacation :)

I like the lower profile whale tail from the Breeze. Funny enough when we docked next to the Triumph on Cozumel both tails are exactly the same height. My guess is so that they can go under bridges. Of course the top decks of the Breeze are much higher, you will see later on, no worries friends.

Day1-285_zps15c028ea.jpg

Those large ships really make the water murky when departing. Feel bad for the fish chilling there, it must like "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE??!?!" I can just picture Dory from Nemo :D.

Day1-286_zps4152afc4.jpg

That balcony was just amazing, thank you for sharing it with me that day =). Like I said I am not mentioning names, due to privacy. But if you want to chip in, please do so =).

Day1-288_zps7724f9c3.jpg

Day1-291_zps73ac7b4f.jpg

Hi Gambee. Awesome review my friend! May I ask what floor that wrap cabin is located on?

Subscribed....wonderful pictures! This is the first review of yours that I've read...will check out the others...sounds like your Mom is a lucky person to have you for a son:):):)