TA made the call, we got the upsell we were hoping for!

:DOnly one more sleep til I fly from Phila. to Seattle to board the Amsterdam for her first 14 day itinerary to Alaska on Sunday, May 18th.

My cabin mate and I had booked H7056, one of the two 'secret cabins' on the aft of the Navigation deck. We'd both sailed this itinerary in these cabins back in 2010, and it was wonderful having that little used public deck just steps out our door for mesmerizing wake views.

We never dreamed we'd be able to get a balcony cabin for this 14 day itinerary because the price was just too dear. But our wonderful TA went to bat for us. Yesterday's opening salvo from HAL was $650.00 pp, we politely declined. Today, our TA called again and HAL agreed to upsell us to Cabin 6210 on the Verandah deck, near the aft elevators/stairwell for less than half the original offer (per person).

So excited! This will be my third time on the 14 day sailing and to now have access to our own private balcony (awesome for this insomniac!) any time of the day or night has us grinning from ear to ear. Thanks HAL!

Life is good. Very, very good.;)

:DOnly one more sleep til I fly from Phila. to Seattle to board the Amsterdam for her first 14 day itinerary to Alaska on Sunday, May 18th.

My cabin mate and I had booked H7056, one of the two 'secret cabins' on the aft of the Navigation deck. We'd both sailed this itinerary in these cabins back in 2010, and it was wonderful having that little used public deck just steps out our door for mesmerizing wake views.

We never dreamed we'd be able to get a balcony cabin for this 14 day itinerary because the price was just too dear. But our wonderful TA went to bat for us. Yesterday's opening salvo from HAL was $650.00 pp, we politely declined. Today, our TA called again and HAL agreed to upsell us to Cabin 6210 on the Verandah deck, near the aft elevators/stairwell for less than half the original offer (per person).

So excited! This will be my third time on the 14 day sailing and to now have access to our own private balcony (awesome for this insomniac!) any time of the day or night has us grinning from ear to ear. Thanks HAL!

Congratulations!!! how wonderful for you two!! I know you will enjoy all of Alaska!! ............ watch for whales!! Bon Voyage!!:D

Thanx Cruz Chic and S7S for the good wishes. Very excited.

And yes, the TA was able to negotiate. Apparently HAL's comment to her after Thursday's chat was "Make us an offer." She knew our top dollar amount, and HAL went for it. I think there were four balcony cabins vacant, no suites left to my knowledge. HAL also told TA this date isn't sailing full. Hope those following us on the June 22nd sailing can get some upsells as well.

That is so AWESOME my friend!!!! Cannot wait to hear/read all about your cruise when you get back!!

Joanie

Thanx Cruz Chic and S7S for the good wishes. Very excited.

And yes, the TA was able to negotiate. Apparently HAL's comment to her after Thursday's chat was "Make us an offer." She knew our top dollar amount, and HAL went for it. I think there were four balcony cabins vacant, no suites left to my knowledge. HAL also told TA this date isn't sailing full. Hope those following us on the June 22nd sailing can get some upsells as well.

Wow, you don't hear of that very often. So glad you are able to have a balcony. It's addictive! Thx for the info.

:D

AIP you just made my day! We are so happy to see you get a great deal. We are going for our second time on this cruise in August, and yes, it is a fantastic trip on a fantastic ship. It makes us feel good just to hear how excited you are.:D

Many thanks to everyone for the good wishes and kind words.

Suitcases packed and by the door, my dog Piper is looking at me sadly knowing something is up (but she'll be home w/her "Dad", so no guilt pangs here:p), did the final grocery shopping for DH to nosh on while I'm gone, last load of laundry in the washer (he's on his own for the dryer), and now just have to sit back and relax til we leave the house in just 4 short hours. Heck, I may even read a magazine while I wait!

Will post when I return, and I urge everyone to read Alberta Quilter's 'Live From' as I'm sure she'll post all the details of our trip on a frequent basis.

To those of you on the Oosterdam this weekend, we'll be seeing you in port for a couple of stops - be sure to wave;).

Fantastic!! On our 14 day cruise in 2010 we got an upsell to a balcony and really enjoyed every bit of it.

I'm jealous that you're doing that itinerary again. You will really enjoy your balcony, even on cold days.