$1500 being paid on both

Has the upgrade fairy turned into the free money fairy!!!:confused:

I know a few people have said there have been some RC IT issues

Let's hope money back to customers is a positive thing

On a serious note, has anyone experienced being credited money back:eek:

Happy Days

Edited by PompeySailor
Grammar

Nope, never got any money back from Royal by mistake. Until now, I thought that was the one mistake their IT systems never made.

Agree we are not going to see the $1500, an error on their end for sure

But an interesting one which will be a 1st will let you know the outcome

Happy Days

So the DW has been onto C&A for 30 mins or so

Very helpful, went through all 5 current bookings and they are baffled:rolleyes:

Bank say it is RC, RC say it is the bank

So here we have a 1st!!!! Over 9k saved , got 5 great deals, KSFx1 and BOGOHOx 3 and NCCx1 5 cruises at great rates in very nice suites

And $1500 from someone be it RC or Bank or the money fairy

What to do with the anonymous $1500.00 any suggestions?

Happy Days

RCCL's system has been screwed up since October. It's been randomly changing the cruise fares, port fees and taxes on bookings for no apparent reason... it's also been randomly refunding deposits, final payments and other charges like prepaid gratuities etc. If you really owe that $1500 for deposits, then you need to make sure RCCL doesn't cancel your booking for non-payment. Give it a few days to sort itself out and then call RCCL to make sure the correct funds are still on your bookings.

So the DW has been onto C&A for 30 mins or so

Very helpful, went through all 5 current bookings and they are baffled:rolleyes:

Bank say it is RC, RC say it is the bank

So here we have a 1st!!!! Over 9k saved , got 5 great deals, KSFx1 and BOGOHOx 3 and NCCx1 5 cruises at great rates in very nice suites

And $1500 from someone be it RC or Bank or the money fairy

What to do with the anonymous $1500.00 any suggestions?

Happy Days

Did this get straightened out on its own, or have you contacted RCCL again? I noticed yesterday that I have had something similar happen to me.

Didn't come out ahead on the deal but I did cancel a cruise last week.

Originally paid $750 deposit, was starting to get annoyed when almost a week went by with no "refund" on the card and then on Friday I got 3 refunds instead ...

For like $97.12, $423.52 and 229.36 .... which adds up to $750 but I have no idea how or why it came across as 3 transactions for those amounts ....

There were a lot of initials used in this thread. I figured KSF and BOGOHO, but what is NCC?

Next Cruise Certificate. A method to purchase an open booking on board a cruise to be used in booking a future cruise and get reduced deposit and on board credit.

Edited by clarea

Originally paid $750 deposit, was starting to get annoyed when almost a week went by with no "refund" on the card and then on Friday I got 3 refunds instead ...

For like $97.12, $423.52 and 229.36 .... which adds up to $750 but I have no idea how or why it came across as 3 transactions for those amounts ....

In order: taxes & fees, cruise fare, noncommissionable cruise fare.

I also wouldn't go spending that $1500. With all of the IT glitches they have been experiencing, I'd want to wait until the system sorts itself out before I was sure that there was a money fairy. As long as I've been paying for things and using CCs, I have never seen the money fairy. It always belongs somewhere!

Give it a couple of days and then call again and have them check all deposits. If you owed $750/cabin deposits on each of the bookings, then you should make sure that it's paid. The system will catch up and the last thing you want is to have a reservation cancelled for non payment and you don't find out until much later on.

Interesting though that they credit it as 3 lines, but only charge it as one ...

My guess, probably different departments at the company need to approve each portion.

This same thing happened to me. My refunds came in partial payments that added up correctly but the individual refund payments did not correlate to charges originally made. Very strange process they have going on right now.

We booked our E1 balcony North Atlantic TA for what we thought was a good price. We still owed$1300.00 . Saw a sale on our roll call ,the price went down to 1359.00 each, so called and got that quickly. We didn't owe the $1300.00 any longer and they owed us $120. IT mistake or.... The sale only lasted a few hours.

I also wouldn't go spending that $1500. With all of the IT glitches they have been experiencing, I'd want to wait until the system sorts itself out before I was sure that there was a money fairy. As long as I've been paying for things and using CCs, I have never seen the money fairy. It always belongs somewhere!

Give it a couple of days and then call again and have them check all deposits. If you owed $750/cabin deposits on each of the bookings, then you should make sure that it's paid. The system will catch up and the last thing you want is to have a reservation cancelled for non payment and you don't find out until much later on.

all 3 reservations show payment

RC say all good there end

Just waitin on bank statement tomorrow

But looks like we are $1500 better off:)

Did this get straightened out on its own, or have you contacted RCCL again? I noticed yesterday that I have had something similar happen to me.

All,good on RC end and I can see both $1500 payments on 2 of the cruises

Just waiting on checking back with bank tomorrow:)

Totally agree Janet, am checking on a regular basis

Payment tab on both reservations shows as being paid

And balance reflects payments

So hopefully all will work out

Happy Days