Cruising solo on Carnival?

gemgal79

Since I am not a ta - I can't access that webpage :(

Neither am I but you can still access that. Just click on Single Occupancy Sale and it will download a PDF.

Sent from my Samsung Victory using Forums mobile app

I will be sailing on June 26 with my mom and then we will sail again on June 30 with Dad. (Carnival Triumph)- my mom will stay with my dad so this will be my first "solo -stay" on ship. I'm looking forward to it and hope to begin my solo cruising soon!

I cruised solo on Carnival twice, and meeting people and making friends was a breeze (no pun intended). My social safety nets were my roll call and assigned dining, although I also met people by starting conversations in "captive environments", like the shore excursion bus and organized activities. No one passed judgment for cruising solo, other than an ignorant customs agent. (Apparently, he thinks that a dude on a cruise ship by himself must be a drug runner or something.)

GeorgiaGirl16,

I will be disembarking on the same cruise you are taking on the 25th. I am going solo and cannot wait. It's my 50th birthday present to myself. :) I have a balcony cabin and look forward to lots of alone time, contemplation and just being with me and the Universe. Not too interested in meeting new people so that is not a priority.

Have a wonderful time!

Trisha in Nashville

Note that in the last couple of days Carnival has removed the supplement on many cruises later this year. Just booked one for December.

If you see the Nov 15th Miracle 7-day to Mexico out of LA without the single supp. - please post it.

THANKS!!!

I will br traveling solo on my next cruise which i am really nervous about, i have never traveled alone. Unfortunately i am the last of my friends with no kids and my husband is hosting "football draft weekend" at our house

so i have to be gone.

My husband & I usually always book at least a balcony but since i will be alone will have to be inside due to the single suppliment. I don't mind this since its just a weekend cruise. anyone else traveling solo on this cruise? I think i am most nervous about eating alone and meeting new people. I am in my late 30's friendly but shy at first any suggestions? :eek:

I will br traveling solo on my next cruise which i am really nervous about, i have never traveled alone. Unfortunately i am the last of my friends with no kids and my husband is hosting "football draft weekend" at our house

so i have to be gone.

My husband & I usually always book at least a balcony but since i will be alone will have to be inside due to the single suppliment. I don't mind this since its just a weekend cruise. anyone else traveling solo on this cruise? I think i am most nervous about eating alone and meeting new people. I am in my late 30's friendly but shy at first any suggestions? :eek:

Bakery,

from what I've read on these boards, people tend to be friendly on Carnival cruises.

I would go to the roll call section on CC.and post a note for the trip you're on.

Some people get together from the roll call,

happy sailing

Lyannea

Bakery,

from what I've read on these boards, people tend to be friendly on Carnival cruises.

I would go to the roll call section on CC.and post a note for the trip you're on.

Some people get together from the roll call,

happy sailing

Lyannea

Hi Lyannea,

Unfortunately it doesn't look like there is a roll call set up for that sailing. I don't know if they set them up for weekend cruises. Maybe I'll try to set one up thanks :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There is a Jmid July Western Carib, balcony cabin, under $800--no solo supplement on the Legend! Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. Great ports. Great ship. Wish I could go but just got a new job...

I meet people at the trivia games. Roll call is a good place to line up activities in port.

for all 4 weeks in July right now the Balcony is approx. $629, $748 with all taxes. I'm booking the 20th! My first solo. (I wanted to do the Valor but the rates jumped up since Thursday and there are so single rates on the 13th or 20th :(

Conquest, 10/12/14 to Half Moon Bay, St Thomas, Grand Turk and San Juan, with taxes and port charges, $563 for 1A inside cabin. Just booked over the w/e. Didn't see this price on carnival's web site, but several other cruises sites as well as some airlines had it.

Conquest, 10/12/14 to Half Moon Bay, St Thomas, Grand Turk and San Juan, with taxes and port charges, $563 for 1A inside cabin. Just booked over the w/e. Didn't see this price on carnival's web site, but several other cruises sites as well as some airlines had it.

Nice!

Thank you so much for the info!!!!!

Edited by tbbtravels

Not yet. Price was still down though and they still had some bigger 1A rooms available on other floors too. I did see a few other weeks that were a few bucks cheaper. I just haven't pulled the trigger.

Chicken I guess. LOL

I have been looking at the Conquest and Breeze for my next trip - first solo. Think I am leaning more toward the Breeze cause of the food choices. A bbq joint and a guys burger. That would be so awesome for me!

I do appreciate the info - had no idea I could get a solo for that price. Really opened up my eyes and a 1A is right up my alley.

Not yet. Price was still down though and they still had some bigger 1A rooms available on other floors too. I did see a few other weeks that were a few bucks cheaper. I just haven't pulled the trigger.

Chicken I guess. LOL

I have been looking at the Conquest and Breeze for my next trip - first solo. Think I am leaning more toward the Breeze cause of the food choices. A bbq joint and a guys burger. That would be so awesome for me!

I do appreciate the info - had no idea I could get a solo for that price. Really opened up my eyes and a 1A is right up my alley.

I believe the Conquest has the same food venues that you mentioned, at least the guy's burgers. It underwent the 2.0 upgrades in its last dry dock. The Breeze of course, is the newer, bigger, and some say more crowded ship.

Probably my 12 solo so far......

Edited by evandbob

Wow 12.

What I am seeing is that most of 2.0 now have that Blue Iguana cantina. Which is ok but I want to try the bbq joint. I smart carb as a way of life and keep 75lbs off. Have to live with out bread and sugar for health reasons. Anyway the Italian place, sandwich shop and pizza place are not something I like to eat very much of. But grilled chicken and protein is my kind of place.

The cruise after my August trip is gonna be my first solo. My cruise buddy is going with her family in November. Being around some 6 yr olds isn't my idea of fun - especially when they are not mine. Or even a loud 20 something yr old for that matter.

So I have been wanting to do a solo trip in Oct or Nov.

The Belize Itinenary is where I want to go next.

So my next trip wish list is

cheap room

peaceful serenity part of the ship

grilled meats like the bbq joint

and Belize

Edited by tbbtravels

I'm recently single and booked Conquest out of Miami on Nov 16... I have an upper/lower room on Empress deck so it should be nice... Cost me $450 which isn't bad at all... I'm 26 so I'm hoping there will be some folks that are around my age who are also single... I'm ready to party ; )