Just off Vision of the Seas today..Questions?

I am thinking about booking Vision for a big Milestone birthday. I was looking at JS so any info would be great? I assume balcony are the same size? Real table on balcony?

You mention the movement was constant. Was the ship making a lot of noise making her way while in cabin sleeping? Do you have an idea sea height?

Please post pix? What cabin did you choose?

Our JS aft was under the spa so we did not have any noise that kept us up at all. The Aft balcony we had was a HUGE wrap around.. You can look at the deck plans & see the different size balcony's. Yes, real table on balcony with 2 reg chairs..Also 2 lounge chairs. I loved having the xtra large balcony!! Grab any of those on the back of 8 if you can..

We did have a rougher sailing the last 2 days heading home..Very strong winds & cold. Waves were larger.. I thought they said up to 3 meters?? Ship really did not make any noises at night..just pulling in to ports like normal.

This is a picture of a JS on Vision. We absolutely love this ship! Unlike the previous poster' date=' though.......we had a JS on one of our weeks under the Solarium and it was extremely annoying. We like to rest, relax, and nap in our cabin during the day and it sounded like a bowling alley above us. It was a constant noise during the day. It declined during the night, but I was awakened at least 4 times each night. The JS's farther aft are fine.....under the spa......and more forward.[/size']

DSC02490_zpse1cd0130.jpg

Thanks for the picture!! Yes, this was just like ours..We were under the spa which was nice.. Did not notice any noise to keep us up. Plus, loved the "secret" stairs up to the Solarium.

We had the drink package & wanted to say we loved it. It was nice to get bottled water, soda, or whatever mixed drink/beer you wanted and not have a bill to worry about at the end. It is very nice not to have to sign the slips also. We had to sign when we went on Allure..such a pain.. Not sure if this is a ship by ship thing or an over all change?

You are allowed two bottles of wine per cabin in your carry on luggage. Do not pack in your checked luggage. Those bottles are fragile. :)

Little trick I learned from CC, go to the dollar store and purchase the kids floaties for the swimming pool and use those around your wine to protect them in your carry on. Works great and I just keep them in my luggage for my next cruise :D

We are taking our adult kids on their first cruise on this ship next March, being a smaller ship, do you think there will be enough going on on sea days to keep them occupied? Also, what did you do in Roatan and Costa Maya?

Thanks.

I'll be in 8588 in June on the same itinerary, so I really appreciate your pictures. Can you tell me about the "secret stairs"?

You will see stairs just beyond 8579 on the inside.. It will take you into the spa area..just walk thru into the Solarium.. Kinda strange walking thru the Spa but I'm sure the workers are used to it..Saves a lot of walking.. Have fun!

Oh..You will love the cabin!!

We are taking our adult kids on their first cruise on this ship next March, being a smaller ship, do you think there will be enough going on on sea days to keep them occupied? Also, what did you do in Roatan and Costa Maya?

Thanks.

We only did a 5 night so our ports were Cozumel & Roatan.. In Roatan we went to Pirate's Beach thru RC. Little French Key is also nice from another in our roll call that went there.. Just make sure there are not too many boats docked..It could get busy there.. Pirate's Beach was a nice beach day..Liked that they picked us up inside the gate.. Its a super poor area.. I have pictures of that beach posted..

I think there are things to keep adult kids busy..Plenty of shows every day..Don't miss those..they were all very good.. There was a 70's party, lots of loud music in the Viking Crown late, game shows like Quest & Love & marriage, karaoke..etc. One night they had a dance party on the pool deck area.. :)

We had the drink package & wanted to say we loved it. It was nice to get bottled water, soda, or whatever mixed drink/beer you wanted and not have a bill to worry about at the end. It is very nice not to have to sign the slips also. We had to sign when we went on Allure..such a pain.. Not sure if this is a ship by ship thing or an over all change?

Drink packages offered 4 nights or longer and there are different levels you can buy online or when you get onboard.

Supposedly there are rumors that they are starting to offer it for 3 nights. I couldn't agree more that it was great to have it paid in advance. I felt I got my monies worth out of it.

Chellecruise, thanks so much for posting your pics! The one of Oasis meeting Vision tells it all!

Regarding the beverage package, do remember which one you purchased? Celebrity lists the brands that are included in each "level" of package, but I have not been able to find a similar list on Royal's site. We bought the Premium package (because it included Ketel One) on Solstice to Alaska last year and it was worth every penny.

Little trick I learned from CC, go to the dollar store and purchase the kids floaties for the swimming pool and use those around your wine to protect them in your carry on. Works great and I just keep them in my luggage for my next cruise :D

You also need to carry on your bags or you'll end up in the naughty room to claim them. Happened to a friend on our sailing in Oct. 2 bottles carried on - no issue!

Judy

Do you know if cabin 7652 aft still has a wrap around balcony??? I'm sailing on 7/31/14 . I need to hear from someone who recently sailed on this ship

I have a picture that will show you..give me a sec & I will add the photo to my photos posted earlier..

I can not pull up your photos for some reason. I just wanted to make sure that cabin still has a wrap around as I spoke to a rep today who told me they built a wall in that corner space when they recently did a referb??? This is stressing me out!!

https://www.facebook.com/michelle.dislermay/media_set?set=a.916674565025264.1073741835.100000481881953&type=1

This was the quickest way to get photos posted..Hope you can see them..:)

Thank you chellecruise12, for posting the pictures we are sailing her in 31 days. I live in South Florida and the spend the yesterday afternoon at John U. Lloyd state park and got to see both Oasis and Vision sail away. Everyone in our group said she looked small, but I tried to explained that most ships look small next to an Oasis class ship.

Thank you chellecruise12, for posting the pictures we are sailing her in 31 days. I live in South Florida and the spend the yesterday afternoon at John U. Lloyd state park and got to see both Oasis and Vision sail away. Everyone in our group said she looked small, but I tried to explained that most ships look small next to an Oasis class ship.

Glad you liked them..Have a great cruise!!