Just off Vision of the Seas today..Questions?

Chellecruise, thanks so much for posting your pics! The one of Oasis meeting Vision tells it all!

Regarding the beverage package, do remember which one you purchased? Celebrity lists the brands that are included in each "level" of package, but I have not been able to find a similar list on Royal's site. We bought the Premium package (because it included Ketel One) on Solstice to Alaska last year and it was worth every penny.

We had the premium package..$ 55 per person per night

Little trick I learned from CC, go to the dollar store and purchase the kids floaties for the swimming pool and use those around your wine to protect them in your carry on. Works great and I just keep them in my luggage for my next cruise :D

Thanks for the advice. I will stop by the dollar store and pick some up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a GS booked for husbands 50th bday but after seeing your pics the jr suite looks pretty nice, wondering if the GS is worth the $$???

If you are not Diamond or above in RCI's Crown and Anchor program, then having access to the Concierge Lounge is certainly a nice benefit to make a 50th special. Good possibility you can snag a galley or bridge tour as well. As far as "worth".... hard to say, but it is nice!

We have a GS booked for husbands 50th bday but after seeing your pics the jr suite looks pretty nice, wondering if the GS is worth the $$???

We were 3 in an OS on the Vision this month. Our balcony only had 2 lounges and 2 small tables. Concierge, Hsk., guest relations unable to get us a third straight back balcony chair.

They finally sent up a kitchen chair without arms!.

Looked at the GS next to us and it had 2 straight back balcony chairs with one large table

The aft JS balcony looks great--better equipped with lounges and chairs

chellecruise12,

Were there any issues with crowding on the pool deck? Any waits getting drinks at bars? We're on the 5/26 cruising with the same itinerary!

Edit: which night was formal night?

Edited by jjy1130

Doing Vision in June. 10 days Charleston, Bermuda, Bahamas. Is there a free sauna/steamroom in the fitness area? Glad you had a good cruise and a positive review of the ship. Can't wait. Thanks:)

You need to come over and join the roll call. Got a whole "Pink Boas and Pirates" thing going on. :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1944337

chellecruise12,

Were there any issues with crowding on the pool deck? Any waits getting drinks at bars? We're on the 5/26 cruising with the same itinerary!

Edit: which night was formal night?

Uh..Yes! Serious crowding around the outside pool deck..If you can view my link to my photos, I have included a photo of how it looked.. People seem to get there very early & stay till mid afternoon. We hit the pool when others were off at port. Since there is only 1 outdoor pool & 1 bar by the pool, the bar got very busy.. The Solarium bar did also..The 1st sea day is the 1 formal night..For us that was Tues.

Have a great time!!

Doing Vision in June. 10 days Charleston, Bermuda, Bahamas. Is there a free sauna/steamroom in the fitness area? Glad you had a good cruise and a positive review of the ship. Can't wait. Thanks:)

Sorry..I never came close to going into the fitness area.. lol I should have though..:)

Thanks for your prompt answer critterchick about cabin 7652 on vision of the seas. I was told that in September 2013 when she was revitalized that they put a wall/ metal up on the side of the wrap around balcony taking away the little section that makes it a desirable aft cabin. When did you last sail on it ???

I really hope it was left alone as I am really looking forward to and specifically chose that cabin because of the beautiful balcony!

Thanks for your prompt answer critterchick about cabin 7652 on vision of the seas. I was told that in September 2013 when she was revitalized that they put a wall/ metal up on the side of the wrap around balcony taking away the little section that makes it a desirable aft cabin. When did you last sail on it ???

I really hope it was left alone as I am really looking forward to and specifically chose that cabin because of the beautiful balcony!

I was just on last week..The balcony was just below us.. If you could view my photos you could see..There is a wall that goes 1/2 way.. On our balcony it held the round table & 2 chairs over there..Its like a little cubby.. Then there are 2 loungers right outside the slider door to get out.. You will see..Its nice & you will love it!!:)

Anyone interested in hearing about the shows or ports?

I would love to hear about the shows . Think our port stops are different than the ones you went to. Ours are key west and grand cayman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, how was the evening entertainment? I am equally interested in daytime activities--but I see your sailing had no sea days!

And thank you for all the pictures. We are considering the 10 day Bermuda/Bahamas cruise in August; obviously no issue at all with the condition of the ship. Beyond what goes on on sea days, my other question is: have the dining room menus changed with all the upgrades? I found out in the blogosphere copies of the menus from January 2013 and hope they are still essentially the same. If yes that will probably clinch it for me (and I have to decide soon as there are very few cabins other than inside left).

Day 1 was Boogie Wonderland in the Masquerade Theatre at 7:30pm & the 70's Show at 10pm (Centrum)

Day 2 our Sea Day: Belly Flop at 1pm, Poolside movie, Lego Movie at 4:45 pm, Headliner Show: Man of 1000 Voices, Paul Boland at 9pm & 10:45pm in Theatre,

Eve movie by pool, The Monuments Men at 9pm, they also had adult karoke

Day 3 in Roatan: The production showtime "Broadway Rhythm & Rhyme" at 7pm & 8:45 pm, The Love & Marriage Game Show at 10:30 pm, Dancing under the Stars (big dance party) around poolside at 11:00pm

Day 4 in Cozumel:The Headliner Show, America's Got Talent finalist, Thomas John (he was super funny) at 7pm & 9pm in Theatre, Quest at 10:15pm, Adult Comedian, Jeff Nease (also good) at 11:15pm

Day 5 at Sea: Make a Wish Walk at 11am (buy Tshirts starting at 10am), Farewell Show & Jeff Nease at 7pm & 9pm (very good) & do not miss the Aerial Show & Parade of Flags at 8pm. Get there early for a good seat!! The Officers & Guests volleyball was today also at 1pm but was canceled because of our poor weather..

Yes, how was the evening entertainment? I am equally interested in daytime activities--but I see your sailing had no sea days!

And thank you for all the pictures. We are considering the 10 day Bermuda/Bahamas cruise in August; obviously no issue at all with the condition of the ship. Beyond what goes on on sea days, my other question is: have the dining room menus changed with all the upgrades? I found out in the blogosphere copies of the menus from January 2013 and hope they are still essentially the same. If yes that will probably clinch it for me (and I have to decide soon as there are very few cabins other than inside left).

We had 2 sea days..Most of our time was spent around the pool & bar area.. There are other things to do like Bingo, towel folding demo, music trivia, shuffleboard, dance classes, & card making, etc.

Food was very good in MDR & Chops where we ate. Looked like same menu I had seen in the past..I think everyone has the same food now..

We stopped at Roatan, Honduras & Cozumel.

In Roatan we went to Pirate's Beach (Los Palmas) It was a nice clean beach with a lot of reef. Prices for food & drink seemed higher than normal for a place like this..Ladies bathroom could have been cleaner..

In Cozumel we spent the day at Mr Sanchos. Even though it rained, we had a great time. With 4 ships docked, it was not busy at all. Food & drink very good & service was also good. Love the beach & water here.. We will go back..

On the May 3 sailing the "really big shoes";) were Boogie Wonderland (Day 1) and Broadway Rhythm and Rhyme (Day 3).

Thanks. I think I've seen the Broadway Rhythm and Rhyme show on another ship.