Just off Vision of the Seas today..Questions?

Until I can formally write up a review..for anyone boarding soon, thought I'd answer any direct questions you may have..

The shows were all SUPER!! Don't miss any of them!! We were able to board by 11 am which was very nice!!

Had a very nice trip except for the weather the last port & sea day home..So cold & windy.. Vision is a very nice boat but did feel motion all the time.. Plenty for adults to do on board.. Glad we tried her out.. :)

Am contemplating doing her out of Barcelona next year. What itinerary did you do?

How was the food? Is she looking old? I don't think she has had her refurb yet.

Thanks

Can't wait for the review:D

Refurb has been done..She looks great!! We thought food was good..We had the last sailing of the "old" Chops menu..

We did a 5 night from Ft Lauderdale..Cozumel & Roatan for stops..

What movies did they have, was chops old or new menu. Did buffet have pasta station. Thanks

They had the Lego Movie, The Monuments Men, & Ride Along.

We were last sailing of the "old" menu. Starting with the new menu as of today.

Yes, I saw a pasta station in the WJ.

Refurb has been done..She looks great!! We thought food was good..We had the last sailing of the "old" Chops menu..

We did a 5 night from Ft Lauderdale..Cozumel & Roatan for stops..

Thanks for the prompt reply. Hope you had a great time:)

I'll give you time to post your review and if I think of anything I'll get back to you;)

Will you be posting compasses with your review? We are on the same itinerary in August so looking forward to any information you can provide.

I do have all the compasses saved.. I'll have to get my hubby's help to scan & upload because I'm not that savy..I'll highlight the shows/day in my review..If you have something specific, I can look thur them to tell you..

We are going on our first cruise ever next week on the vision of the seas so I was excited to see posted information about her. Do you happen to know if you are taking a bottle of wine on board if it goes in your carry on or does it go in your checked luggage?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are going on our first cruise ever next week on the vision of the seas so I was excited to see posted information about her. Do you happen to know if you are taking a bottle of wine on board if it goes in your carry on or does it go in your checked luggage?

We are leaving on the Vision in 5 short days! You are allowed two bottles of wine per cabin in your carry on luggage. Do not pack in your checked luggage. Those bottles are fragile. :)

Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are leaving on the Vision in 5 short days! You are allowed two bottles of wine per cabin in your carry on luggage. Do not pack in your checked luggage. Those bottles are fragile. :)

Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much. The Vision looks so beautiful in all the pictures I have seen. Hope you have a great time on her.

I am thinking about booking Vision for a big Milestone birthday. I was looking at JS so any info would be great? I assume balcony are the same size? Real table on balcony?

You mention the movement was constant. Was the ship making a lot of noise making her way while in cabin sleeping? Do you have an idea sea height?

Please post pix? What cabin did you choose?

I was on the Vision a couple of weeks ago and will offer a comment about the cabins on deck 8 that are under the Solarium. While not unbearable there was certainly considerable noise from the overnight maintenance activities particularly from the various utility carts rolling across the tile deck. I won't say it woke me up, however it was very noticeable while I was trying to get back to sleep. We were in a JS and I'm sure there are more quiet cabins than in that area.

This is a picture of a JS on Vision. We absolutely love this ship! Unlike the previous poster, though.......we had a JS on one of our weeks under the Solarium and it was extremely annoying. We like to rest, relax, and nap in our cabin during the day and it sounded like a bowling alley above us. It was a constant noise during the day. It declined during the night, but I was awakened at least 4 times each night. The JS's farther aft are fine.....under the spa......and more forward.

DSC02490_zpse1cd0130.jpg

Doing Vision in June. 10 days Charleston, Bermuda, Bahamas. Is there a free sauna/steamroom in the fitness area? Glad you had a good cruise and a positive review of the ship. Can't wait. Thanks:)

This is a picture of a JS on Vision. We absolutely love this ship! Unlike the previous poster' date=' though.......we had a JS on one of our weeks under the Solarium and it was extremely annoying. We like to rest, relax, and nap in our cabin during the day and it sounded like a bowling alley above us. It was a constant noise during the day. It declined during the night, but I was awakened at least 4 times each night. The JS's farther aft are fine.....under the spa......and more forward.[/size']

DSC02490_zpse1cd0130.jpg

Jane thank you for keeping open the amazing pixs of the ship and trip and thank for the info on the noise cause it crossed my mind. Anything more you can enlightened us on the ship. I am trying to gather info about sailing her in Sept. She looks in good condition. She was upgraded with the digital boards?

Oh yes.....she is in great shape. I can not tell you enough about how I prefer these smaller ships. We go on a cruise to do absolutely nothing. Love the Park Café on board. The Solarium is so nice. Three wonderful specialty restaurants. The Concierge, Betsy Medrano, is top notch!! For those of you that have sailed on the Adventure, the former Concierge, DeDe, is now the Guest Services Manager on Vision. Both Captains.....Capt. Lis and Srecko Ban, are fantastic. Can't wait to sail on her again. Looking forward to those cruises out of Tampa!

Looking forward to your review. Since we will be doing a TA on the Vision, I'd like to know more about the motion you felt.

I had only been on Oasis & Allure before..We felt no motion on those most of the time.. On Vision, we constantly felt the movement. I get motion sick so I was always on meds so I was never feeling sick..but it was a lot different on Vision as compared to the "big ones" for sure..

Yes, carry on for sure.. Have fun!!

Any info on staterooms? Curious about the JS. How was the main dr service! Thanks a bunch!

We had 8588 JS Aft. It has the huge wrap around balcony. It had 2 loungers & a table with 2 reg chairs. The stateroom is very nice!! I will try & post pictures this afternoon..

We only ate in the MDR 1 & had MTD. The service & food was good. We had Chops 3 evenings.. Nothing can compare to the food there!! Very good!!