Upgrade Waitlist Question (for USA cruisers)

DaisyUK

We are number 1 on the waitlist for an upgrade. I don't hold out much hope as we are within 90 days of travel, and so I assume everyone will have paid the final balance by now - is the case in the US as well as the UK?

In the USA final payment is due on the 90th day before cruise. What class are you now? Has your travel agent told you that you are #1 on the waitlist for an upgrade? We are on the June 17th Alaska cruise with a yet unfulfilled A1 GTY. If there were guarantees sold on your cruise, they will have to be dealt with before an upgrade for you; although I suppose if a suite is available and you want it, then my A1 GTY would move into your former cabin, but only if you are at least an A1.

Danny Weitz

We had to cancel the day before the cruise so if someone was on a waitlist they got our cabin

It all depends ;)

Things can happen outside of the cruise line moving people around

Yes it can happen, we were booked and paid in full for an Owners Suite. Two days before we were to depart the bad happened-right into the hospital and had to cancel the cruise. You know someone got that suite that was on the wait list.

we usually book very late, we are on Insignia 29th may 2014 only booked 2 weeks ago, and just managed to move to a Vista. It has happened many times before, Last year did 3 B to B on Marina booked about 8 weeks before sail. took 2 concierge and a balcony and put requests in for any upgrade ended up with a penthouse on one leg and a vista on the other 2. So keep your fingers crossed.

Also your first job when you get on board go to reception and tell them you want an upgrade and prepared to pay, that has also worked for me.

Regards

JimGib

we usually book very late, we are on Insignia 29th may 2014 only booked 2 weeks ago, and just managed to move to a Vista. It has happened many times before, Last year did 3 B to B on Marina booked about 8 weeks before sail. took 2 concierge and a balcony and put requests in for any upgrade ended up with a penthouse on one leg and a vista on the other 2. So keep your fingers crossed.

Also your first job when you get on board go to reception and tell them you want an upgrade and prepared to pay, that has also worked for me.

Regards

JimGib

Wow,that's great to hear - and thanks for the advice; I would have assumed that by the time everyone was onboard it would be too late to ask for an upgrade, but will certainly try it if we haven't managed to get one before then.

Wow,that's great to hear - and thanks for the advice; I would have assumed that by the time everyone was onboard it would be too late to ask for an upgrade, but will certainly try it if we haven't managed to get one before then.

Not at all to late, unfortunately things do happen i.e. illness or a family member illness! even marriage break ups, or missing the flight, or arguments the list is endless!

Sad but one persons misfortune can be another persons gain!

Guess life is like that

JimGib

• 3 weeks later...

We are booked in a gty inside cat g for a cruise on Marina in March, 2015. Looks like our cabin has been assigned but there is a wait list. Will we definitely be in that cabin or is there a chance they will upgrade us?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are booked in a gty inside cat g for a cruise on Marina in March, 2015. Looks like our cabin has been assigned but there is a wait list. Will we definitely be in that cabin or is there a chance they will upgrade us?

There is always a chance you could get an upsell offer then again you may just keep the assigned cabin

If you want a better cabin just book it to begin with JMO