Guys burger

golfer1903

Is what I seen really true? On freedom guys burger is only open 12 to 6. That's only lunch times. Only on ship first day and sail day during lunch. are these times correct???

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Is what I seen really true? On freedom guys burger is only open 12 to 6. That's only lunch times. Only on ship first day and sail day during lunch. are these times correct???

Guy's is only open for lunch on every ship.

Actually, I think the timing of when ti is offered helps make it so special. If it were available a lot more I think it would degrade the experience.

Gotta disagree with you on this one. Have had them 5-6 x on the two cruises they had them on and they were still special.

Gotta disagree with you on this one. Have had them 5-6 x on the two cruises they had them on and they were still special.

Lol. They are pretty good

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

I may have confused what you meant but its open every day from 12-6, not just first day and sail day.

I think they should re open late at night, maybe from 10p-1a.

I agree. Seems like most agree. Maybe John Needs to sell it to the beards and they should look into keeping it open for dinner. Would much rather have guys over there buffet.

I read this thread, and then happened to meander over to John Heald's blog, and lo and behold, someone had posted this same issue to him (I don't know if it's a problem to paste it here - hope not!)

Lance Stuart asks:

Hey Mr. Wisconsin Skinny – what’s the story about Guy’s Burger Joint not open at dinner time???!!!!!!!!!! Come on, Carnival, it is what your customers want so come on Mr. Fugly get this done would ya? Carnival Liberty cruise on June 7 in cabin 2388 and our 10th anniversary plus it’s our platinum cruise. Yea baby — help us with something, mate!!! ROFLMAO

John says:

Hello Lance Stuart

Guy’s burgers certainly continue to grow in popularity and that’s because they are great. The chefs are cooking around 1,200 each day and from 11 am – 6 pm. It is because of this, and the careful manning of hours for the crew, that we close after 6 pm but don’t forget the pizza, stateroom service and other Lido choices for dinner. I want to thank you for your loyalty and I am sure this cruise will be the best yet and many congratulations on your anniversary. Have a great time. Best wishes.

John

I will rephrase, on the ships that have Guys it is only open for lunch. No Guys on Dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you know why "Guy's" wasn't put on the 2.0 upgrade that the Dream went through?

OceanDreams

Do you know why "Guy's" wasn't put on the 2.0 upgrade that the Dream went through?

It was added to 2.0 after Dream was designed and they said it and 1 other eating venue change couldn't be done retroactively. I don't remember where I read that but I think it was on Heald's blog.

My opinion is it should be open for dinner. We were in port 4 days last cruise so 4 days no guys. I'd rather have a guy then the 24 hour pizza.

Absolutely agree. If I'm going to wit in the middle of the night for something to be cooked, Guys would get my vote. Never understood why so many think that 24 hr pizza is so great