Is there NOTHING positive about Celebrity any more? (Threads Merged)

K.T.B.

You've said 3 times that the card was right next to it. Please don't repeat that. The note card was NEAR them - NOT RIGHT NEXT TO THEM. Even with the first look, I didn't see the mini can of pringles because they were away from the other 2 little boxes tucked behind the glasses and ice bucket.

It would be very easy to miss the note with the way the snacks were left on our desk.

If the card was on the desk and so were the snacks, that's close enough. If on the little coffee table, it couldn't be any near to them with that tiny little table. let's not go get our tape measure out and measure the distance... really?????

If the snacks were on the table and the sign on the desk, then I will bow out of this discussion and say you were all right....and ad this to the admittedly relatively small list of things I think X needs to work on.

Edited by cle-guy

Let's face facts..Celebrity is not delivering a luxury experience anymore...just peruse this thread with .conversations about hot dogs, burgers, no need for proper silverware placement at dinner..,etc.

We spent the weekend at a Hilton resort property and they seem to be able to maintain high standards of Modern Luxury as did the All inclusive resort we visited last Dec.

hoping Celebrity can pull through the identity crisis that is causing it to lose its special identity...or it will be just another cruise line...fun at sea but nothing upscale and elegant.

BTW we have all pay for items removed from our cruise stateroom on arrival...to avoid unintended extra charges...

No they are not Azamara, or better yet Crystal. They are a MAINSTREAM cruise line. If you compare Celebrity to Carnival and NCL they offer more luxury. Luxury is rated by the cost of the cruise. Hence the reason why Crystal costs more than Azamara, and Azamara costs more than Celebrity. Bottom line, if you want luxury you have to pay for it.

Why does everyone want a free ride? Heck look what you pay at the grocery store. Look how much cheese and beef is costing now compared to last year. Everything is going up, so of course a mainstream lines are looking at ways to make a buck without raising the cruise rate.

Back in 1998, our first cruise was on Carnival, we paid $400 a person for a 4 day cruise in an inside cabin on an old crappy ship built in 1980. the only thing good about that ship was the food which yes it was no extra cost. This upcoming cruise is $ 900 a person for a 7 day in a balcony and the ship is only 2 years old. I do not mind splurging a bit and going one or 2 nights to a specialty. I actually like that we get a cheap rate instead of great food every night, (although I still find the food good) as we can pick and choose where we want to spend our money.

Now if I had more money I would pick Azamara of course and if I was wealthy I would pick Crystal.

They are not providing my Grandparent's view of luxury any longer. Ritz Carlton resorts offer hot dogs and hamburgers at the pool cabana. The no longer have white table cloths and multiple layers of silverware except in their highest end fining dining restaurant on the hotel, most others have gone to casual elegance, not stuffy luxury.

I bet the Hilton hotel thou were at also offered hamburgers and hotdogs on its menus, and probably buy the pool though admittedly not knowing the particular property and not stayed there I can not say for sure. I even bet it had a mini bar with nuts and M&M's for sale, not included in the "all inclusive" price.

And there are many folks ion these forums who say they don't want Celebrity going all-inclusive.... so what are they to do we can't really compare them to an all inclusive as they are not.

Lol!

And Hilton has gone up in price too more so than cruiselines have.

No they are not Azamara, or better yet Crystal. They are a MAINSTREAM cruise line. If you compare Celebrity to Carnival and NCL they offer more luxury. Luxury is rated by the cost of the cruise. Hence the reason why Crystal costs more than Azamara, and Azamara costs more than Celebrity. Bottom line, if you want luxury you have to pay for it.

Why does everyone want a free ride? Heck look what you pay at the grocery store. Look how much cheese and beef is costing now compared to last year. Everything is going up, so of course a mainstream lines are looking at ways to make a buck without raising the cruise rate.

Back in 1998, our first cruise was on Carnival, we paid $400 a person for a 4 day cruise in an inside cabin on an old crappy ship built in 1980. the only thing good about that ship was the food which yes it was no extra cost. This upcoming cruise is $ 900 a person for a 7 day in a balcony and the ship is only 2 years old. I do not mind splurging a bit and going one or 2 nights to a specialty. I actually like that we get a cheap rate instead of great food every night, (although I still find the food good) as we can pick and choose where we want to spend our money.

Now if I had more money I would pick Azamara of course and if I was wealthy I would pick Crystal.

I'm not asking for a free ride...I pay more for hamburger at the grocery store because I know it's the same hamburger I paid less for 2 years ago. I would also prefer to pay more for the same cruise. Maybe I'm in the monority?

They are not providing my Grandparent's view of luxury any longer. Ritz Carlton resorts offer hot dogs and hamburgers at the pool cabana. They no longer have white table cloths and multiple layers of silverware except in their highest end fines dining restaurant in the hotel, most others have gone to casual elegance, not stuffy luxury.

I for one don't want my grandparent's view of luxury or even my parents view. Times have change and I don't want to go back to the past; I want to move toward the future. Celebrity seems to get this, with the changes they are making.

As you say they want comments good and bad. While many posters come to these forums to post the bad, I like to provide my personal approval of many of those issues. There are many who tend to post nothing but negative and I have to wonder why on earth they still spend their money with Celebrity if it's gotten soooo terrible for them. I'm on the other side, I tend to post nothing but positive.

Yes, and neither one of you have any integrity because there is no balance in your opinions. You keep talking about facts and common sense, and yet you keep getting caught making up your facts like the sign next to the bowl. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Your just another typical cruise line cheer leader who clutters up these discussions with muck that makes it harder for readers like me trying to learn the real facts. I have to sail this ship next week and I want to be prepared. Your mistatements and slight-of-hand replies only make me more frustrated with Celebrity as I'm trying to find the truth. Please, go back to the RCI forum so we can seperate the chaff from reality.

Burt

Yes, and neither one of you have any integrity because there is no balance in your opinions. You keep talking about facts and common sense, and yet you keep getting caught making up your facts like the sign next to the bowl. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Your just another typical cruise line cheer leader who clutters up these discussions with muck that makes it harder for readers like me trying to learn the real facts. I have to sail this ship next week and I want to be prepared. Your mistatements and slight-of-hand replies only make me more frustrated with Celebrity as I'm trying to find the truth. Please, go back to the RCI forum so we can seperate the chaff from reality.

Burt

I don't thnik they realize they are putting a bad taste in your mouth before you even step on the ship.

I don't thnik they realize they are putting a bad taste in your mouth before you even step on the ship.
Just like those that always post negative things are doing to those new to Celebrity. I guess it goes both ways and maybe no one should ever post their opinion, just post middle-of-the-road comments; nothing good and nothing bad.

Burt

I post my opinions, is it really so hard to believe I am actually 95% satisfied - do you think most people need to be 95% DISsatisfied?? I spend almost ZERO time in the RCI forums, (probably honestly been more than 4 months since I made a post there) have never cruised RCI, only cruised Celebrity and I am so satisfied with my experience, I show it with my wallet and don't bother seeking alternatives having never sailed elsewhere. So that should PROVE I am actually happy with my Celebrity experience. Do I have to have 50% of my opinions positive and 50% of them negative to be balanced? How do you define balanced? I even just posted elsewhere that I think they need to do something about the lack of barware at Al Bacio and Martini lounge....

If you read the majority of my posts, they are factual researched and complete with evidence. I often post links to the facts. Show me a misstatement I have made in any of my posts where I have not come back to say, I'm sorry I was incorrect - there have been a few but I always respond back accepting the error if proven so. IN fact many posts I reply to I ask the other poster to back their posts up with some sort of fact, or llnk or verification of anything they say, and rarely get a reply back. Like all those who say staffing has been cut. I ask what was it before what is it today, and if it was cut why haven't those cabins been converted during a refurb to revenue generating cabins. crickets chirping.... Not a single factual response to verify staffing cuts. All they say is " I can't; put my finger on it but something was missing". Thats is not factual, that can be misleading. That is cluttering these forums with muck.

Im not sure what you mean about a sign next to a bowl.... I have said if the sign about the cost of the food items is not placed on the table with the items, I'll apologize and stop my argument that it acceptable. I will admit I have not personally seen this in a standard cabin, but did in a suite in Reflection in November, and had no issue with it, the postcard near the items made it obvious to me.

You're sailing next week, read the thread about those that just got off summit last week. Its 90% positive (OK I admit I have not properly mathematically computed that number, but my reading that thread seems that in almost every instance someone may have had a negative, they had far more positives) in its reviews. So I guess they are not being balanced and must all be cheerleaders too.

You may as well cancel now if you are this worked up about how bad it's going to be, and don't believe that its really going to be a 95% fine experience. Why would any sane person put themselves through such torture? I know you'll lose your fare you paid, but it really isn't worth getting so upset over and having a ruined vacation, you may as well stay home and sulk than do it on the ship with all its terrible for fee snacks in its cabins and food in little baskets and lines at the martini bar, and captains toast in the foyer, and liquid nightclub in the aqua pool, and michaels lounge you can't go to and lack of silver and white gloves in the MDR.

Please stay off the ship, we don't; need your bad attitude bringing the vibe down.

Edited by cle-guy

I post my opinions, is it really so hard to believe I am actually 95% satisfied - do you think most people need to be 95% DISsatisfied?? I spend almost ZERO time in the RCI forums, (probably honestly been more than 4 months since I made a post there) have never cruised RCI, only cruised Celebrity and I am so satisfied with my experience, I show it with my wallet and don't bother seeking alternatives having never sailed elsewhere. So that should PROVE I am actually happy with my Celebrity experience. Do I have to have 50% of my opinions positive and 50% of them negative to be balanced? How do you define balanced? I even just posted elsewhere that I think they need to do something about the lack of barware at Al Bacio and Martini lounge....

If you read the majority of my posts, they are factual researched and complete with evidence. I often post links to the facts. Show me a misstatement I have made in any of my posts where I have not come back to say, I'm sorry I was incorrect - there have been a few but I always respond back accepting the error if proven so. IN fact many posts I reply to I ask the other poster to back their posts up with some sort of fact, or llnk or verification of anything they say, and rarely get a reply back. Like all those who say staffing has been cut. I ask what was it before what is it today, and if it was cut why haven't those cabins been converted during a refurb to revenue generating cabins. crickets chirping.... Not a single factual response to verify staffing cuts. All they say is " I can't; put my finger on it but something was missing". Thats is not factual, that can be misleading. That is cluttering these forums with muck.

Im not sure what you mean about a sign next to a bowl.... I have said if the sign about the cost of the food items is not placed on the table with the items, I'll apologize and stop my argument that it acceptable. I will admit I have not personally seen this in a standard cabin, but did in a suite in Reflection in November, and had no issue with it, the postcard near the items made it obvious to me.

You're sailing next week, read the thread about those that just got off summit last week. Its 90% positive (OK I admit I have not properly mathematically computed that number, but my reading that thread seems that in almost every instance someone may have had a negative, they had far more positives) in its reviews. So I guess they are not being balanced and must all be cheerleaders too.

You may as well cancel now if you are this worked up about how bad it's going to be, and don't believe that its really going to be a 95% fine experience. Why would any sane person put themselves through such torture? I know you'll lose your fare you paid, but it really isn't worth getting so upset over and having a ruined vacation, you may as well stay home and sulk than do it on the ship with all its terrible for fee snacks in its cabins and food in little baskets and lines at the martini bar, and captains toast in the foyer, and liquid nightclub in the aqua pool, and michaels lounge you can't go to and lack of silver and white gloves in the MDR.

Please stay off the ship, we don't; need your bad attitude bringing the vibe down.

You might want to remove this post...it sounds a bit nasty. :o

I totally agree! All these posts about how awful Celebrity has gotten that have no basis in reality has gotten out of hand. Its partly why I'm happy to provide my insight having sailed 7 times since March of 2013 and cut through all the rhetoric that mucks up thee forums.

You might want to remove this post...it sounds a bit nasty. :o
Don't you think beachdude's should be removed as well for sounding a bit nasty?

Originally Posted by Beachdude viewpost.gif

Burt

Both are wrong, but you're actually hurting Celebrity more than he is

As I've said several times in multiple threads, I don't really care if I hurt or care for celebrity. I post my observations and facts. It's not about coddling Celebity at all. Sure my positive posts come off as coddling them, but they are a corporation, feelings have nothing to do with it.

I just don't find why it's so hard for so many to believe I'm actually very, very happy with my sailing experience, especially given the number of cruises in sun a relative short time with them. For this reason, I like to post my pleasure with their business model and amenities, and the few times I have issue, I post those as well. I post my positives hoping they see the changes they are making are making me happy and making me want to keep sailing with them and oping they will continue to modify their offerings to a younger more modern clientele as myself and my friends to enjoy for several years to come.

I was a loyal United/Continetnal flyer, however they have made some changes recently I don't agree with, today finally chaining their frequent flyer program to one that takes a lot away from me and many other flyers. I have emailed them and sent a written letter by post already today telling them they have just lost a loyal flyer, having been Platinum or Global Services since 2003 every year. I do post my displeasure when it's warranted.

Edited by cle-guy

I for one don't want my grandparent's view of luxury or even my parents view. Times have change and I don't want to go back to the past; I want to move toward the future. Celebrity seems to get this, with the changes they are making.

Neither do I.......I am confident Celebrity will assess all the points of view and chart their course accordingly.

Time to move on to other topics for us!

As I've said several times in multiple threads, I don't really care if I hurt or care for celebrity. I post my observations and facts. It's not about coddling Celebity at all. Sure my positive posts come off as coddling them, but they are a corporation, feelings have nothing to do with it.

I just don't find why it's so hard for so many to believe I'm actually very, very happy with my sailing experience, especially given the number of cruises in sun a relative short time with them. For this reason, I like to post my pleasure with their business model and amenities, and the few times I have issue, I post those as well. I post my positives hoping they see the changes they are making are making me happy and making me want to keep sailing with them.

I was a loyal United/Continetnal flyer, however they have made some changes recently I don't agree with, today finally chaining their frequent flyer program to one that takes a lot away from me and many other flyers. I have emailed them and sent a written letter by post already today telling them they have just lost a loyal flyer, having been Platinum or Global Services since 2003 every year. I do post my displeasure when it's warranted.

Curt, there are some who just flat out refuse to believe that you can be happy with your choices because they had a bad experience.

I'm with you in regards to Celebrity. Granted, I've only had 2 cruises with them, but overall I was quite happy. Whatever minor problems I had with them won't deter me from sailing on them again. (Actually, the only problem I do have with the line is the way they handle their customer service. They just will not make things right for you if it means inconveniencing another. Even if it IS the right thing to do.)

Anyway, keep posting those observations of yours. I, for one, enjoy seeing them.

(Actually, the only problem I do have with the line is the way they handle their customer service. They just will not make things right for you if it means inconveniencing another. Even if it IS the right thing to do.)

Here's something Else I have posted about as a complaint. Their customer service varies dramatically, especially shoerside to ship side.

And their guest relations on the ship, all I can think of is that Little Britain skit where the agent types madly at there ocmpuyter then say's" Computer says no".

I wrote this up on my last emailed comment card last week. It just kills me they have no way to provide the thing people stand there with their credit card receipt showing they paid, the website printout showing they paid the email showing they paid, yet the guest agent just looks at the computer, which is obviously devoid of these pieces of information, otherwise the guest wouldn't be there, and believes the computer.

Yes sometimes the customer is wrong, but I have to assume the majority of cases the customer is correct. The ship should come up with some system to have the customer sign a form providing the benefit will be charged back to them should it be determined by end of cruise it was not in fact paid for or provided, or provide the customer with written proof their reservation changed AFTER the perk they say is missing was granted, not just say NO you're wrong, don't care you have a credit card receipt, email receipt and booking conformation printout that says something else. My computer I can't let you see says something else, and I.m not going to give you any write end documentation to prove it.

I don't see how he's hurting Celebrity?!!! :confused:

Just when it comes across mean. I know he is all for Celebrity and has valid points, but sometimes I cringe with some of the statements. I just thought it was best to remove the post as that wasn't going to end well. That's all.

Neither do I.......I am confident Celebrity will assess all the points of view and chart their course accordingly.

Time to move on to other topics for us!

For those that want their grandparent or parent's luxury, Crystal is the ships to cruise on. But here is the difference between Crystal and Celebrity:

I looked at a 7 day cruise out of Miami for January 2015 in an oceanview cabin and here is the difference. Crystal is $3,160 per person ($6,320 for two) versus Celebrity at $999 per person ($1,998 for two). For $4,322 more, you will get a lot of luxury. I would rather Celebrity keep the prices down and give us Modern Luxury.