Navigator of the Seas questions

We are looking at maybe booking the Navigator of the Seas and I would love to know more about the entertainment on the ship. comedy clubs? musicals? variety of daily activities on the ship for sea days?

We have sailed Carnival twice and Princess once so how is it in comparison?

thanks!

Have not done Carnival in decades have cruised Princess several times along with many other lines, I was a little disappointed with Navigator of the Seas shows , there was a differnt show each night. No comedy clubs, there show will either be pre or post dinner. They had a very funny comedian that did a 10:30 show one night. Best show by far is the ice show get tickets asap, they do repeat this show and it was great. There were some good bands playing at Boleros every night and the piano bar of course.

Just got off the Navigator on Sunday. Two great production shows, two late night comedians (adults only), The Texan Tenors who won America's Got Talent in 2009 performed one night (amazing!!!), a Las Vegas act one night (excellent), and of course the ice show (which was held at least four times during the cruise). Very impressed with their entertainment!!

Just got off the Navigator on Sunday. Two great production shows, two late night comedians (adults only), The Texan Tenors who won America's Got Talent in 2009 performed one night (amazing!!!), a Las Vegas act one night (excellent), and of course the ice show (which was held at least four times during the cruise). Very impressed with their entertainment!!

Do you remember when the ice shows were held? Were they on sea days?

What itinerary did you sail? I am interested in the Compass for the Coz/GC/Jam route.

Ways to go until my cruise but I can't rest til I have everything planned out. LOL

Thanks!

I am researching as much as I can about the Navigator. We are basically trying to choose between the Navigator of the seas, CCL Dream, and CCL Freedom.

I would love to give RCL a go especially at a sale rate - lol!

these shows change from week to week, I heard Texan Tenors were very good but they were not there on my 4/27 cruise

Haven't been on Carnival Dream but have been on Navigator and Freedom. Was just on Freedom in April. They are basically the same ship though Freedom is larger and has the H2O water zone for kids on the pool deck. Loved them both.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also just got off Navigator this past Sunday doing the Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica itinerary. There was 2 "Production" shows featuring the ship's singers, dancers and orchestra...a late Adults Only comedy show...the Ice Show called "Ice Dancing"...the Texas Tenors (who appear on Navigator occasionally)...Greg London (a former Las Vegas headliner who does impersonations of famous singers)...and another performer who did some type of ballet/acrobatics (I think, we missed that one).

Basically, there is some kind of show every night in the Metropolis Theater (the ship's main theater) and then the Ice Show was done 4 times (twice on Day 4 and twice on Day 6). Last time we were on Navigator back in February, there was a Magician/Comedian who was great. He did some great tricks and kept everyone in stitches with his comedy routine while doing it!

Plus you'll also have the Love and Marriage show (ala The Newlywed Game) and The Quest (an adults challenge/scavenger hunt type game with audience participation...hilarious!).

Hope this helps! The times for the Ice Show depend upon which itinerary you do.

Do you remember when the ice shows were held? Were they on sea days?

What itinerary did you sail? I am interested in the Compass for the Coz/GC/Jam route.

Ways to go until my cruise but I can't rest til I have everything planned out. LOL

YadaYadaJodi: I have the Compasses for each day from the Coz/GC/Jam itinerary. Send me an email to pmarkstone at gmail dot com with "Cruise Compass" in the subject line. I will be scanning them to my computer this weekend and can send them to you.

There is also live music and singing in both the pub and the Schooner bar most nights. And there is a 70's party on the Promenade one night. There may be a late night party once either in the Solarium or the pool deck.

Edited by 39august

YadaYadaJodi: I have the Compasses for each day from the Coz/GC/Jam itinerary. Send me an email to pmarkstone at gmail dot com with "Cruise Compass" in the subject line. I will be scanning them to my computer this weekend and can send them to you.

If you dont mind, can you please email the Cruise Compass to me also. We are doing the same Coz/GC/Jam itinerary in July for my daughter's 13th birthday. If you have the teen (11-14 year old) compass also, that would be great.

Thank you!!!

I sent you an e-mail. Thank you so much for the offer and the information on the shows!!

a[quote=YadaYadaJodi;you remember when the ice shows were held? Were they on sea days?

Was on the May 4 six day cruise, day 1 obtain tickets. Day 4, Ice Dancing Spectacular at 8:30 p.m., also day 6 at 2 & 4 p.m. Now on a 7 day cruise, could be different. All are when ship underway.

If you like disco, DON'T miss the silent party on deck 14. Everyone is wearing headphones, with the music. Now take them off, and watch all bouncing around, without music! Check Compass for when, remember to us the port, lifts, as starboard only go tp deck 1.

Would you mind sending the Compasses to me also? We sail this itinerary in 2 1/2 weeks. I've found the Compasses for the Roatan/Belize/Coz route but not this one.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are looking at maybe booking the Navigator of the Seas and I would love to know more about the entertainment on the ship. comedy clubs? musicals? variety of daily activities on the ship for sea days?

We have sailed Carnival twice and Princess once so how is it in comparison?

thanks!

Many thoughts offered so far.... sorry if I repeat any....

Sea days are stacked: art auction, various sales (watches, t-shorts, etc), 70's parade and dance show Promenade, Circus parade (1st day at sea) Promenade, various pool deck activities including sexiest man, belly flop, line dancing, various games, constant trivia throughout the day at the Schooner Bar, dance lessons in the lounge, Boleros latin band superb for Salsa/Merengue dancing, Bubba band in the Star Lounge drew big crowds for country and rock, sports court aft has adult volleyball sign up, dodgeball vs. the staff, 3 on 3 hoops, Florider, Rock Wall Climbing, on non ice show days there is 45 minute open skating in the rink, pianoman (sing-a-long) every night in both Schooner Bar and English Pub in the Promenade, various daily hilarious game shows including The Quest (A MUST MUST MUST SEE), Love & Marriage, Finish That Lyric, Majority Rules, Battle of the Sexes, Viking Crown (now Cosmopolitan Club)n excellent venue for night club and dancing the night Away, the gym and spa are great offering all types of classes, steam room, massages, etc etc etc etc etc

There.... now do that all in 7 days :p

(I do ;))

Entertainment wise, we were only disappointed with the early comedian-magician. The other shows, Ice Capades, Quest, and what not, were wonderful. Even if you favor Carnival after the Navigator, it's still worth switching things up once. We ended up booking both lines again afterwords. :)

My entire family from 8 yrs to 68 years loved the Navigator and that was even before the dry dock. Its a beautiful ship. Im guessing it still has the New Orleans theme after dry dock? There is no shortage of stuff to do. The ice show had I think 3 showings and it was easy to make. Quest is a lot of fun. Love and Marriage and then the Headliner types. The comedian on ours was funny. Ive been on Disney and I still have a better time on Royal. I don't think you will have any regrets.

Sent from my Iphone 7